News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Melee! Pokemon Scramble!

Started by Neerb, June 05, 2009, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Quote from: SmashBro25 on June 06, 2009, 07:37:07 PM
Duh; it's the 100% exact same chibi models as Ranch.  We're just really excited that the concept has finally become reality; it's a preview of what's possibly and hopefully to come, and to me, that's worth a mere $15.
It's not the same concept at all. It's hectic and fast paced. From what we can see, each has only a handful of moves, and they are crazily simplistic. There is no guidance to it. If that's what Pokémon fans want, then I must really be out of touch. I wanted a fully fleshed out game that gave me a chance to explore with reason. Not bullpoop. And since when are Pokémon tinker toys?

Neerb

Quote from: Macbeth on June 07, 2009, 12:17:15 AM
It's not the same concept at all. It's hectic and fast paced. From what we can see, each has only a handful of moves, and they are crazily simplistic. There is no guidance to it. If that's what Pokémon fans want, then I must really be out of touch. I wanted a fully fleshed out game that gave me a chance to explore with reason. Not bulls***. And since when are Pokémon tinker toys?

The concept I was referring to is just to have a real time fighting Pokemon game to begin with, which this is even though specifics like speed and simplicity are different.  This is a WIIWARE game; we are all fully aware that it's not fully fleshed out.  If you had been paying any attention at all to my posts, you'd realize all this and see that yes, this isn't perfect, or even close, but it's the first step in that direction that we've ever gotten outside of Super Smash Bros., and we're excited about that.

Lotos

$15?  I'll need to save a little money, but I'll eventually buy it.

Macawmoses

Quote from: SmashBro25 on June 07, 2009, 05:59:54 AM
The concept I was referring to is just to have a real time fighting Pokemon game to begin with, which this is even though specifics like speed and simplicity are different.  This is a WIIWARE game; we are all fully aware that it's not fully fleshed out.  If you had been paying any attention at all to my posts, you'd realize all this and see that yes, this isn't perfect, or even close, but it's the first step in that direction that we've ever gotten outside of Super Smash Bros., and we're excited about that.
You're implying I'm not reading your posts. Which is pretty far off, considering my task is to moderate. I read every post, and carefully, so I will leave that at that.

It isn't at all the first step. Half assed attempts won't sell well. Nintendo, like any business, will see the lack of sales, and think "hey, if that didn't work, why would a fully fleshed out attempt work?". That's a problem. Imagine if I started selling coffee in my pizza shop. I sell one cup a week. Why would I ever consider expanding into exotic coffee? If anything, I'd ditch selling coffee and go back to what I know I can do - pizza - or in this case, simple RPG's that are turn based.

You need to come at this with a business perspective. Not a mindless 4 year old i plai pogeymanz one.

Neerb

Quote from: Macbeth on June 07, 2009, 06:50:59 PM
You're implying I'm not reading your posts. Which is pretty far off, considering my task is to moderate. I read every post, and carefully, so I will leave that at that.

It isn't at all the first step. Half assed attempts won't sell well. Nintendo, like any business, will see the lack of sales, and think "hey, if that didn't work, why would a fully fleshed out attempt work?". That's a problem. Imagine if I started selling coffee in my pizza shop. I sell one cup a week. Why would I ever consider expanding into exotic coffee? If anything, I'd ditch selling coffee and go back to what I know I can do - pizza - or in this case, simple RPG's that are turn based.

You need to come at this with a business perspective. Not a mindless 4 year old i plai pogeymanz one.

Half assed attempts won't sell well?  This IS Nintendo we're talking about, right?

Dog Food

This reminds me of Pokemon Stadium for the N64. Only, this game seems too chaotic to me. It doesn't seem like real Pokemon battling, more like little mini games like that old N64 game I mentioned above. From what I've seen I'm not too interested, but I'll wait for more information before I make any promises.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.