News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

What do YOU want in HG/SS?

Started by bluaki, August 02, 2009, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

A better question is why no thread asking such has been made yet here, but ignoring that:

Whether it's major features or minor details, what are some factors you wish HG/SS will have that aren't confirmed (yet)? Including some which you think Gamefreak is very unlikely to actually implement.

A quick list from me:

• Celebi to be catchable in the normal gameplay, or at least through a Wi-Fi event that is easy to obtain.
  • While you're at it, do so for Mew too. Make it obtainable in Kanto or something.
  • A redone egg system, that gives you a way to tell what pokemon is in it, changes the hatching method from running back and forth, etc.
  • Replace flash, a useless HM, with a key item flashlight.
  • Do not implement any HMs that G/S did not have in any way, like FR/LG did with Rock Smash and Waterfall on the Sevii Islands
  • The ability to trade with D/P from the beginning, without some long event like FR/LG have.
  • Like the original games, make both Ho-oh and Lugia available in both versions, rather than make them into version-exclusives.
  • Make Kanto be full-sized, including restoration of things like the Safari Zone.
  • Remove most of the time-based or day-based events that D/P introduced.
  • Make all Kanto and Johto Pokemon available between the two versions. Add in a bunch of Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in some special area.
  • After getting the National Dex, make the unpicked Johto starters and the Kanto starters obtainable.
  • After National Dex, make it possible to trigger those ridiculous evolutions that D/P introduced in a better way. Especially the ones that require the trainer to be in a specific sinnoh route like Glaceon, Leafeon, Magnezone, Tangrowth, etc.

So_So_Man

I have a few issues with your list. 
1.  Tangrowth is level + move evolve, not specific route
2.  Time and date based events were important for gold and silver.  I feel that since HG/SS is a remake, things that were important in the original should still be important
3.  The ability to trade with D/P from the start would give low level players too much power and variety, not to mention adding Pokemon that officially did not exist at the time that g/s was based.  If anything, trading should be delayed until after a long event.
4.  Some of the new HMs could be used well in HG/SS (especially dive), if incorporated after the original story.
5.  They plan on making Lugia and Ho-Oh game specific?!?!?!?!?
6.  The hatching method should stay just as laborious, though I suppose they could make the cuts to egg hatch time accumulative.
7.  Celebi and Mew should be obtainable, but only through Wi-Fi event.
8.  Additional starters should NOT be available.

I also have some things I agree with and additional additions.
1.  Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon available in a post-story area or kanto.
2.  Make Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Probopass available.
3.  Make Rock Smash an HM.
4.  Full Kanto restoration.
5.  Thats all I can think of right now 

JrDude

I wonder if Whirlpool is gonna be an HM again o.o

Anyway, I want:
Day/Night Time thingy (Exactly like D/P/Pt if not somehow better)
Celebi/some other legendaries obtainable through event.
Ability to put the Pok?mon following you away in their Pok?ball.
Obtain the National Dex the same way as D/P/Pt.
Rock Smash either into an HM or VERY easy to obtain when needed.
Brand new area where you can obtain the unobtainable region Pok?mon, obtained after you get the National Dex.
In that new area, there are some places to evolve those area based evolutions.
For attack-based evolutions, make those moves unavailable to those Pok?mon. To evolve them, you'd have to use a move tutor in the new area.
"Red" Returns.
On Bluaki's flashlight idea, make it into a Lanturn lantern, so you can see all around you instead of just in front of you, you can also somehow attach it to your bike.
"?" and "!" Unown are somehow put into the game.
Something new and special happens when you capture every Unown type.

Maybe some more ideas later.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Fish

I want this game to be a remake of the originals.
-Updated graphics.
... That's all.

bluaki

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 02, 2009, 04:27:54 PM
I have a few issues with your list. 
1.  Tangrowth is level + move evolve, not specific route
2.  Time and date based events were important for gold and silver.  I feel that since HG/SS is a remake, things that were important in the original should still be important
3.  The ability to trade with D/P from the start would give low level players too much power and variety, not to mention adding Pokemon that officially did not exist at the time that g/s was based.  If anything, trading should be delayed until after a long event.
4.  Some of the new HMs could be used well in HG/SS (especially dive), if incorporated after the original story.
5.  They plan on making Lugia and Ho-Oh game specific?!?!?!?!?
6.  The hatching method should stay just as laborious, though I suppose they could make the cuts to egg hatch time accumulative.
7.  Celebi and Mew should be obtainable, but only through Wi-Fi event.
8.  Additional starters should NOT be available.
1. Oh, my mistake. It's probopass that I should have mentioned. But anyways, the move evolutions might screw up with HG/SS too. If Yanma/Tangela evolves after learning Ancientpower in levelup, then how would Yanmega/Tangrowth be made unobtainable before the National Dex?
2. I said the new time-based events. G/S originally only have a couple, like berries growing, while tons of things in D/P happen once a day. One example of this is keeping headbutt trees instead of using something like honey trees.
3. All Pokemon games regardless have the obeying/badges system. If you trade overpowered Pokemon before getting badges, they won't obey you. And I don't see the issue with obtaining non-Johto pokemon early on as long as it's not obtainable in-game.
4. Well, Dive would be a new thing for 4th gen considering R/S were the last games to use it. Surf, Dive, and Strength are the only really worthwhile HMs in my opinion. Just saying, I don't want junk like Defog and Rock Climb.
5. They never confirmed anything like that, no, but judging by how all 3rd and 4th gen games to date have treated their cover legendaries, it's not very unrealistic of them to do so. In the original games, I believe the legendary not matching the title screen was only obtainable after finishing the Elite Four.
6. What do you mean?
7. Why? I think having them be like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, or Giratina wouldn't hurt anything other than slightly lower the games' already too high number of potential events.
8. What I said there is kinda a mix of two concepts already done in 3rd gen games. In Colosseum, one of the 2nd forms of the three Johto starters is snaggable near the beginning, then at the very end of the game you have the chance to obtain the other two. In Emerald, you can obtain a Johto starter from Prof. Birch after finishing the main story. What's wrong with making other starters obtainable?

Gwen Khan

I wonder if they'll give Shellos and Gastrodon new forms for Johto and Kanto

JrDude

Quote from: Tom Servo on August 02, 2009, 07:18:53 PM
I wonder if they'll give Shellos and Gastrodon new forms for Johto and Kanto
I highly doubt it, but who knows?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Bluaki on August 02, 2009, 03:56:42 PM
Remove most of the time-based or day-based events that D/P introduced.

Uh, G/S/C introduced these to the series.  I don't see them being taken out of the remake of them.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on August 02, 2009, 07:15:46 PM
2. One example of this is keeping headbutt trees instead of using something like honey trees.
Now that you mention it... they probably WILL do that.....
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 02, 2009, 10:45:56 PM
Uh, G/S/C introduced these to the series.  I don't see them being taken out of the remake of them.
Again, I mean only the time-based things that D/P introduced, not the time-based concept itself. Like these things:
Honey trees
Seal shop that changes stock every day
Underground merchants changing daily
Safari Zone Pokemon changing daily
Pal Park being usable only once a day

Light

Kanto. All I want is the ability to go back to Kanto after beating the E4 in Johto. THAT'S ALL I WANT.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

tibar21

besides just having the exact remake of i just want the ability to trade with D/P and migrate unlimited times daily once the storyline is complete.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Javert on August 03, 2009, 12:42:30 PM
Kanto. All I want is the ability to go back to Kanto after beating the E4 in Johto. THAT'S ALL I WANT.

it's going to be in, I don't know why people think it won't be

Lotos

Bring back that Bug Catching contest thing.  Radio Stations would be nice to bring back too.  Same with that Bluena's contest from Crystal.

Quote from: Bluaki on August 02, 2009, 03:56:42 PM
Do not implement any HMs that G/S did not have in any way, like FR/LG did with Rock Smash and Waterfall on the Sevii Islands

What about TM to HM?  Like Whirlpool was an HM, same with Waterfal (that cave on the way to the E4 in Kanto)l, Rock Smash was a TM, same with Headbut, but that one should be kept the same.

Cornwad

I was under the impression that you could get Ho-oh and Lugia in both. The game specific legendaries are Groudon and Kyogre.

I want to be able to catch everything I couldn't in DP, like Mewtwo, Celebi, and Jirachi.