News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

What was your first driving lesson like?

Started by Java, August 29, 2008, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

Assuming you've driven before, what was your first experience like behind the wheel?
Were you any good? How did your parents or teacher act or should I say, overreact?

If you've never driven before, what do you expect your first experience to be like?

My first driving lesson actually went pretty well.
My dad took me to drive on some rarely used streets and we practiced the basics.
I was actually better than I expected and I don't think I was too bad. :P
My dad surprsingly didn't overreact, which made things a whole lot easier for me.

Tupin

Never have driven before....

Two more years.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

ThePowerOfOne

I'm only 14, but i've driven the car before. I'm pretty good. Can't say the same for my brother...

えっちーせんぱい

I don't listen so I haven't had one yet.

Anyway.

Water ☮

My first was with my mom to go pick up my brother at his friends house.

I was doing fine but my mom started yelling at me and I got distracted and almost missed a stop sign.

ahh whatever now that I have my license it doesn't matter

It was with my mom and she thought I did fine. But now she gets on to me about some stuff.
...̅̅̅

The Riddler

Macawmoses

An old guy nearly hit me. My first actual time was testing a demo car, though...fun.

Kaz

Terrible, because my mom yelled at me so much that I got flustered and yelled back at her, and took my foot off the brake while doing so...except that was bad because we were on a hill sorta and a ditch was to the left...and the wheel just happened to be turned the right way for me to back into the ditch.

I didn't actually back into it, but it was pretty close. Needless to say my mom yelled at me even more then.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Java

Quote from: WaterGod on August 29, 2008, 08:36:54 PM
My first was with my mom to go pick up my brother at his friends house.

I was doing fine but my mom started yelling at me and I got distracted and almost missed a stop sign.

ahh whatever now that I have my license it doesn't matter
My dad made me run a red light yesterday.  D=

Riosan

My dad brought me out to some abandoned park, had me drive around a little.

I didn't have my contacts in, probably wasn't too smart.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Lotos

I can't drive yet.  I can get a permit when I turn 16.

JMV

I was complimented on how well I handled making one of the hardest turns in Salem. >:(
I had only been driving for 10 seconds.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Eizweir

I drove my newish driving lawn-mower for the first time today, a bit hard to control and it doesn't turn very sharp...
Then there was the time when my dad had me pull the car into the garage, all I did was stop, go, sopt, go.  When I finally made it in to the garage m dad forgot to tell me to put it on park, and when I put my foot off the brake it jumped forward and broke open a tot full of trampoline springs...
and yeah, it was weird.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

The Seventh

It was at a cemetery (oh, how funny, I know..) with my mom and dad.

It was nerve wracking.  But I've practiced enough that I'm far more confident (and better) than before.
Also, I got to find out that I sorta have a natural knack for it.

I don't want to be the instructor for when my sister starts practicing, however (phew, I still have 5 years to go before that...  If I ever have to.).
meh