News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

>_> "The World is going to end!" Yeah, sure.

Started by Lohn Jocke, September 04, 2008, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lohn Jocke

Zovistograt

Black holes are expected to possibly show up, but they will be around for a millionth of a second and will be ridiculously small.

Basically, we're going into unknown territory here.  It's basically the same as smashing a clock against the wall to break it open and see what's inside.  But...for some reason, I don't think anything generated in there could have that big of an effect.  To grow like that...I don't know, I don't think that thing is even big enough.

Anyway, they're going to be doing it at increasing speeds, so if something screwy starts to happen they'll shut it down.  It's not like they're going to be liek "WHOOOO CRANK DIS THING UP 2 ELEVEN AND LET'S GET IT ON!!11!1!!1!!!"
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Wow, less than a week.

I don't believe it though. Same goes for the December 21st, 2012 prophecy.

But I want to see how people will react when it doesn't happen in both cases.  :D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Syncopathic

While I don't believe the world will end because of the LHC's activation, there is still a very minimal possibility.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Sync on September 04, 2008, 01:31:51 PM
While I don't believe the world will end because of the LHC's activation, there is still a very minimal possibility.

The people at CERN aren't idiots.  I think they'll take as many precautions as they possibly can.  I kinda trust them after reading some books about them.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Syncopathic

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 04, 2008, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: Sync on September 04, 2008, 01:31:51 PM

The people at CERN aren't idiots.  I think they'll take as many precautions as they possibly can.  I kinda trust them after reading some books about them.
I know that.
That's why I don't believe the world will end.
but like you said, we're going into unknown territory here,
so the chance of it happening still exist.

Doodle

Black holes are vegetarians. :P
Just kidding.

Anyway, I doubt we will get sucked up into a huge black hole.
YEAH

_GanonMetroid_

I seriously doubt it's going to happen, but a little but of worry has been in the back of my mind ever since I heard about it. Like Zovi said, CERN scientists aren't morons. I trust them. I'd honestly rather it not happen, but it will be a huge leap for science and I know it's going to happen whether I want it to happen or not.

ninja

Mm... You know what... the kind of people that are going to be stupid and freak out about it won't be intelligent enough or informed enough to even know about it.  On the other hand, I'm now tempted to start a rumor about it hahaha and get it in the hands of those stupid people to see what kind of chaos will go on.

HOWEVER, the year 2012 will be bigger than Y2K, easily.  Y2K had some people freaking out, but for the majority, everyone was just like "that's retarded... we created something that becomes flawed at that time, but it's merely a clock, so who cares?"

The myth of the Mayan Calendar is very well-known.  It seems rather interesting to me, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.  Do I believe the world will end?  No.  Do I believe that everyone will be like "It's no problem, it's just a rumor."?  No, I believe there will be plenty of people freaking out.  I'm going to make sure I have an assault rifle by then, haha.  Right now, I do have a Marlin 1894c.  It'll be quite nice to have in case of an emergency, hahaha, even if it is lever-action.

Lotos

Remember 6/6/06?  That was a fun day  =D

Also, hard-on collider

Java

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on September 04, 2008, 01:31:15 PM
Wow, less than a week.

I don't believe it though. Same goes for the December 21st, 2012 prophecy.

But I want to see how people will react when it doesn't happen in both cases.  :D
The world gets to end on my birthday. :3

えっちーせんぱい

Well, isn't that interesting?

Well, this was going to happen eventually, might as well get it over with and see what happens.

sonicdude164

I heard about this today... I really don't believe it. Then again, it would really suck if it did blow up the world...

ninja

Quote from: sonicdude164 on September 04, 2008, 03:01:43 PM
I heard about this today... I really don't believe it. Then again, it would really suck if it did blow up the world...

It wouldn't suck, it wouldn't matter, we'd all be dead and have no opinion of it, hahaha

Omega12

0_o yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no. World wasn't created by Big Bang, so...

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online