News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

>_> "The World is going to end!" Yeah, sure.

Started by Lohn Jocke, September 04, 2008, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 08, 2008, 06:39:44 PM
Today, my AP Physics teacher got on a random tangent about the LHC.  According to him, in order to create a stable black hole that would end the world, you would need 3.5x the mass of our Sun, or over a million Earth masses.  So really, there isn't much to worry about at all.  He went on to call anybody who is saying the world is going to end idiots, and he pointed as reference to the false claim that the Hydrogen Bomb could possibly set the atmosphere on fire.
Awwww :(

I was hoping for some excitement. Way to ruin my week :(
0o!f

ninja

Quote from: JrDude on September 07, 2008, 05:20:32 PM
I don't believe it, and even if it did happen, it doesn't mean the end of the world, no one knows what's on the other side of a black hole, people just assume it's bad because people are afraid of the unknown.

... do you even understand what a black hole is?

Lohn Jocke

Quote from: Lichig0 on September 08, 2008, 07:12:03 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on September 08, 2008, 06:39:44 PM
Today, my AP Physics teacher got on a random tangent about the LHC.  According to him, in order to create a stable black hole that would end the world, you would need 3.5x the mass of our Sun, or over a million Earth masses.  So really, there isn't much to worry about at all.  He went on to call anybody who is saying the world is going to end idiots, and he pointed as reference to the false claim that the Hydrogen Bomb could possibly set the atmosphere on fire.
Awwww :(

I was hoping for some excitement. Way to ruin my week :(
On a side note, I want your teacher. He'd make me LOL with that statement.