News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

"All right, class, for this next project you'll be working with a partner..."

Started by Zovistograt, February 15, 2009, 12:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

You've probably heard something like this before, yes?

So...how do you work in these groups of two?

I for one hate working in pairs.  My problem is that I pretty much attempt to do everything without realizing it and then the other person either blows me off or, most of the time, they get sad that they haven't helped as much as they could (I'm in AP classes where people want to do work).  Then I feel I need to destroy some of the work I already did so that the other person can provide input...even worse, brainstorming with someone else works with some things, but with others, especially research assignments, I can't see the point in not working alone.  At all.  I work much better alone or with a larger group.  I absolutely hate working in pairs or threes for long-term assignments where one unified product (such as a paper or a presentation) is necessary.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

phatyo

Well I hate working with nerds. They think there so intercourse ing smart and just do the entire work. Well yeah its an easy A and it passes the time. But let me do something please :/

Rayquarian

Quote from: phatyo on February 15, 2009, 12:37:09 AM
Well I hate working with nerds. They think there so f***ing smart and just do the entire work. Well yeah its an easy A and it passes the time. But let me do something please :/
They probably act that way because they prefer to work alone.
Maybe if you were more persistence on getting the burden of work, they would pass some of the work to you.

Kilroy

I despise it. Everyone in my school is a intercourse ing retard, so they all go up to me and say "heeeeeeeeeey be my partner :3"
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kingmush

In all my classes I just pair up with a friend of mine or so, so we don't have much trouble.

Titus Andronicus

I'm usually the smart kid that people mooch off of. What they don't know is that I'm the laziest motherintercourse er in the entire school at the same time. They think that working with me will get them an easy A, but I won't get started until they do.

But granted I'm with someone who wants to get right down to work, I can totally do it. I've worked with the kid whos first in my class (I'm seventh) on a few physics labs, and he always likes getting things done right away, and it works. At the same time, I've worked with some of my friends who are still smart, but as lazy as I am. My work really depends on how motivated they are, not how much I am.

But I can't stand working with kids who I know aren't that smart at all, or working with kids on projects that it really only takes on person. We had to write a parody of Jabberwocky in creative writing the other day in pairs. Why would we have to work in pairs? As an assignment alone it would have taken a few minutes. Whenever I wanted my idea to go in, my partner would just shout out a random idea of his and to be fair I had to put that in. Totally blocked the creative flow there.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Custom

I much prefer working alone. My teacher has "appointments" where you write down a name of a different student next to a ton of times. Then when she calls a time you have to find the person you wrote down for that time and work with them. I hate it. They never shut up. Groups are distracting. I never learn anything or get any work done in them.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zovistograt

Well I hate working with nerds. They think there so intercourse ing smart and just do the entire work. Well yeah its an easy A and it passes the time. But let me do something please :/
So basically you are the other side of what happens when I work in pairs D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

phatyo

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 15, 2009, 10:23:02 AM
but if I can help I do :) Im usually the one that presents if we need to present to a group of other people

Kingmush

Quote from: Customrobo13 on February 15, 2009, 08:52:31 AM
I much prefer working alone. My teacher has "appointments" where you write down a name of a different student next to a ton of times. Then when she calls a time you have to find the person you wrote down for that time and work with them. I hate it. They never shut up. Groups are distracting. I never learn anything or get any work done in them.
My 10th grade Bio teacher tried to do that, interesting way of doing it but it failed in the end and we only did it twice or so.

Zovistograt

Quote from: phatyo on February 15, 2009, 10:30:04 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 15, 2009, 10:23:02 AM
but if I can help I do :) Im usually the one that presents if we need to present to a group of other people
ah, that's good.

For some reason I get stuck with people sometimes that aren't good speakers...and then I have to use my forensic speech team skills to fill in when that person trails off and starts to lose sight of the actual point of the slide or whatever the oral presentation is and screws I mean fails I mean fouls up the flu...fluidity of the...no, the excitement...no that's not the word...the..

Doodle

I just try to pair up with my friends. Then probably do more talking then working. :P
YEAH

britneymahboy

They probably think you are more worried about being black than about the project.

Just work alone, Zovi.  I have this partner in my AP Physics class that I'm about to strangle.  I hate the ninny, and she knows it. I don't know why we work together anymore.
NAMBLA

Zovistograt

Quote from: britneymahboy on February 15, 2009, 01:04:53 PM
They probably think you are more worried about being black than about the project.

Just work alone, Zovi.  I have this partner in my AP Physics class that I'm about to strangle.  I hate the ninny, and she knows it. I don't know why we work together anymore.
Usually if you're forced to work in pairs, you can't just work by yourself.

Well, anyway, that's the way it works in most classes in my school.

Marmalade

I hate working in pairs. I'm better off just working on the assignment myself without anyone to bother, ninny, or complain at me. Discussing your future presentation is always a train wreck. It's always:

"So, what do you want to do?"
"I don't know, whatever."
"Well we could always ______."
"Oh, OK, sounds cool."

On top of that, when I'm paired with someone I end up doing most of the work anyway and it tends to get annoying. Granted, I like doing things that way, but then the person I'm working with starts to complain when we have the chance to work on the assignment in class.