News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

*Lurch* *dies* *restart* *lurch* *go*

Started by The Seventh, April 24, 2009, 11:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Ahh, yes.  I'm beginning to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

What a pain.  Some people make it look WAAAAAAY too easy.  I got to the point where I drove in third gear last night.  On my first night.  Up shifting is easy.  Getting a good start is a pain.  Plus having to hold in that darn clutch pedal while stopped.  It's a little annoying.

In case you're wondering what I'm learning on, it's my friends Geo Metro.  With it's dinky 1.0L I3 engine.  I still somehow managed to get the tires to squeal, too...
meh

Gwen Khan

I heard it's easier to go from manual to automatic, the to go from automatic to manual

Silverhawk79

Quote from: red7js on April 24, 2009, 11:35:48 AM
Ahh, yes.  I'm beginning to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

What a pain.  Some people make it look WAAAAAAY too easy.  I got to the point where I drove in third gear last night.  On my first night.  Up shifting is easy.  Getting a good start is a pain.  Plus having to hold in that darn clutch pedal while stopped.  It's a little annoying.

In case you're wondering what I'm learning on, it's my friends Geo Metro.  With it's dinky 1.0L I3 engine.  I still somehow managed to get the tires to squeal, too...
Oh god, my dad had a manual Geo Metro. That thing looked awesome, but...looks are deceiving. D:
Rattled like crazy, and somehow it destroyed a CD player after he installed it.
He installed it, put a CD in, and all of a sudden SMOKE EVERYWHERE

The Seventh

Quote from: Tarantulas on April 24, 2009, 11:47:26 AM
I heard it's easier to go from manual to automatic, the to go from automatic to manual
Yeah that might be what made it more difficult.

I've only driven automatics...  until now.
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 24, 2009, 11:48:17 AM

Oh god, my dad had a manual Geo Metro. That thing looked awesome, but...looks are deceiving. D:
O_o  Okay...
meh

Silverhawk79

Quote from: red7js on April 24, 2009, 11:50:50 AM

O_o  Okay...
But yeah, that car was a piece of poop.
Though it did look pretty cool with a...what do you call it...front protector...thing...on it.
I dunno, they're black.

The Seventh

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 24, 2009, 12:29:46 PM

O_o  Okay...
Though it did look pretty cool with a...what do you call it...front protector...thing...on it.
I dunno, they're black.

Car bra (I know, I know...)?  I'm-a thinking that's what you're talking about.
meh

Silverhawk79

Quote from: red7js on April 24, 2009, 12:37:19 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 24, 2009, 12:29:46 PM

O_o  Okay...
I dunno, they're black.

Car bra (I know, I know...)?  I'm-a thinking that's what you're talking about.
Yeah, I think so.