News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

"Atlantica is often despised for its controls and tediousness."

Started by SkyMyl, December 20, 2009, 01:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

So, how many of you have seen The Little Mermaid? Okay, now how many of you have played Kingdom Hearts 1? If the answer to the former is no, keep reading. This thread still has purpose.

Anyway, in KH1, when you got to Atlantica, one of few worlds in the game that doesn't follow the movie's plot at all, you were transformed into a merboy...anyway, because the world was underwater, it involved a different control set up, which was often bashed upon. The world is a little tedious, and whenever I hear someone bring up Scrappy Levels and Kingdom Hearts, Atlantica is spoken of immediately.

BULLSHIT, what a load of BULLSHIT. Atlantica is cake walk in comparison to DEEP JUNGLE. Deep Jungle is Tarzan. Sounds kickass, right? WRONG, OH SO VERY WRONG. Allow me to explain.

Deep Jungle consists of at least ten rooms, three of which can't be accessed until you've beaten the boss. The world's flow is a loop. You start in the Treehouse, go down a tree, slide down a tree, go to the camp site, cutscene, get these meaningless slides, cutscene, go to the next area, cutscene, swing from vines, cutscene, go back to the Treehouse, cutscene, go back to the camp site, cutscene, swing from more vines, cutscene, save Jane, cutscene, go all the way back to a previously unimportant area, boss fight, cutscene, climb up rocks, cutscene, and end world.

Did that sound fun? Because it isn't. It took me THREE HOURS to beat this world, the only places beating that are Hollow Bastion and the last world. It's basically a loop you have to go through over and over until you finally finish it. It's boring. It's tedious. And it's pointless.

tl;dr Deep Jungle is horrible

Anyway, are there any levels in a video game that you don't ever want to go through again, AKA Scrappy Levels?
3 things to make clear.

1: He's bored
2: He doesn't remember every last detail of Deep Jungle
3: His brain really, REALLY isn't functioning correctly right now.

Macawmoses

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 01:05:37 AM
All of Phantom Hourglass' one giant level =D
Beat me to it.
"Oh, you got a cool new item? BRB THE SAME GODDAMN LEVEL FOR THE 8TH TIME LOL"

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 01:05:37 AM
Phantom Hourglass
Considering my brain's in a huge mess, I can't think of any levels more painful than this game..

...Wait, The Sims; The Gamecube game. Yep, asides from those two, can't think of anything else.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Also, Ninja Gaiden. NES. Second part of the last level. FUCKING HAWKS
And Super Mario Sunshine's infamous boat ride of Hell. ;_;

Quote from: L10 on December 20, 2009, 01:14:31 AM
does daft punk count?
I would run if I were the one to have said that.

Macawmoses

Kilroy

Deep Jungle is just retarded. Atlantica is only bad because of the bullpoop controls.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

SkyMyl

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 01:18:40 AM
9-7 in NSMBWii is a god darn nuisance.
Unless you have three people at once. It's fun, challenging, chaotic, and simultaneously easier and harder than doing it by yourself.

Quote from: Kilroy on December 20, 2009, 02:39:50 AM
Deep Jungle is just retarded. Atlantica is only bad because of the bullpoop controls.
Thank you, now I know it's not just me. <3

Macawmoses

SkyMyl

Quote from: Jacob Marley on December 20, 2009, 03:14:47 AM
I enjoy the 9- levels on my own. But darn.
I think 8-7 deserves a mention.

Me: Hey, this platform's going up kinda slow...reminds me of a roller coaster!
VileBane: Uhhhh, Marc?
Me: OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL *Dies*
Ryzak: No no no- *Dies*
Me: Survive, SURVIVE!!!
VileBane: *Dies*

Macawmoses