News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

By posting in this topic, you agree that Tom Nook should be in the next Smash.

Started by SkyMyl, September 11, 2010, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Cornwad

Yeah, especially because half the people posting in them were arguing against them being in. It's a shame that Sakurai doesn't care what the fans want at all.

He could totally be in though, he says he was a boxer in one line of dialog in one of the Animal Crossing games. Plus they have an Animal Crossing stage, so he has to be playable.

Neerb

*moveset*

Standard= Bell Toss= throws a sack of bells at the opponent; hold-charge it, and the bag will be bigger, stronger, and fly farther
Side= Shovel= smacks enemy with a shovel; 1 in 8 chance it's a Golden Shovel, which hits extremely hard
Up= Fishing Pole= standard tether grab, via fishing pole
Down= Pitfall= plants a pitfall trap; can only have one on the stage at a time
Final Smash= Clearance Sale= tons of furniture falls from the sky to damage opponents, some of which remains so that characters can pick them up and throw them at eachother

JrDude

People liked thinking they were clever by making threads like this.
I'm sure he won't be in the next one either.

Quote from: Cornwad on September 11, 2010, 04:06:51 PM
It's a shame that Sakurai doesn't care what the fans want at all.
Even if he did care, it wouldn't make a difference. By not putting him in he pisses off the people who wanted him in and people would say, "he doesn't listen to fans," and if he did put him in, he would piss off the people who didn't want him in and people would say, "he doesn't listen to the fans."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

I guess if Mr. Game and Watch could be in it, Tom Nook could. I think Brawl itself was rushed a lot. Subspace Emissary was the worst excuse for single player I've ever played. That and the fact that Ness/Lucas and Fox/Falco/Wolf all had the same Final Smash just seemed lazy. Plus the online connections were horrible.

How they haven't made a Smash Bros. for the DS is pretty surprising, the 3DS would be even more surprising if it didn't have one.

Anyway, Tom Nook actually had much possibility.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Tom Nook was a great idea. He definitely deserves the spot more than say Lucario or Toon Link or Wolf, and if Jigglypuff can be in the game there shouldn't be a problem with Tom Nook.

The really stupid character suggestions were things like Fierce Diety Link, random 3rd parties who had virtually no chance, and Lyn from Fire Emblem.

Zero

God I remember how retarded people were.

When the interview that stated "only one or two more third parties will be present excluding Snake" was released, there was a huge poopstorm between people that knew Sonic would get one of the spots(which later out turned out to be the only spot) and people that disregarded that Sonic had the best chance of any third party character.

JrDude

I was almost positive that Sonic would get a spot after that announcement. And even if Nook "deserves" a spot, it won't happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Java

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: JAVA_JAVA on September 13, 2010, 02:45:26 PM
Yes...? :P
You just said it with such inspiration, such enthusiasm ! (omg, I can't believe I spelled that word right on the 1st try),

Me saying, "praise the lawed" was the 1st thing that came to my mind. :D

Someguy13

Honestly I wouldn't mind Tom Nook. But I think that they should have cut SSE in half and added as many characters as they could fit. That Masterpieces thing can get the boot too.

I would say totally get rid of SSE but I kind of like the idea of all the characters working together and I don't see that happening outside of Smash Bros so I'll take what I can get.

StarWindWizard7

Glad to know I'm not the Only Greedy person here.

If smash had a roster of 60+ Characters, Lol god.. Wow..........
And no, I'm not talking about character changes either (Including Pokemon Trainer).