News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

favorite theory of the creation of the universe?

Started by Zovistograt, January 24, 2008, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

What I mean is, what's the most entertaining or awesome theory, not the one you think is necessarily correct.  Preferably not something like the FSM story of creation.

I vote Norse.  Check this out:

"Odin, Vili, and Ve—the sons of Bor—fought Ymir, the senior frost giant. They slew the mighty giant, and so much blood poured from his wounds that all the frost giants got drowned except Bergelmir and his wife. The sons of Bor then took Ymir's carcass to ginnungagap, the primordial abyss, and made the soil from his flesh, the mountain crags from his bones, and boulders from his toes. Out of the excess of blood they formed the lakes and seas. Maggot-like within the carcass of Ymir, innumerable dwarfs grew up, and at the word of the gods they acquired human intelligence and shape. Their dwelling-place was inside the earth and the rocks. Ymir's skull was made into heaven, the means of suspension being four dwarfs, and the giant's brains, flung into the wind, became the clouds."

-Oxford University Press
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

britneymahboy

NAMBLA

えっちーせんぱい

I say everything has been here forever and everything will just disappear in a few billion years, and we will loop backwards and start over again.

Light

Quote from: britneymahboy on January 24, 2008, 08:58:40 PM
Big Bang because its the only realistic one.
Yeah, everything spinning randomly and then *BOOM* the universe is created. Very likely. :| Which brings us to Newton's First Law: "An object at rest remains at rest and an object in motion remains in motion unless acted on by an unbalanced force". There had to be some force that acted on the universe to create it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

yes.derek

Some faith in Asia that says the earth is held up by two elephants riding on a giant turtle's back in space.
HEY LOOK HEY

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Jono2

the Hcnup Noclaf theory.

wherein captain falcon does a reverse falcon punch and the universe is created.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kaz

None of the universe creation theories are that entertaining, but the Egyptian humanity creation story is pretty interesting. Basically, Rha masturbates and out comes humans.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Friendly Hostile

I just go with the universe has always been here, on an endless cycle of building up, then breaking down, then building up again.  And so on and so forth.

Kaz

Quote from: Pokesamrus on January 24, 2008, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on January 24, 2008, 08:57:06 PM
Creation.

Because I believe it's the truth.
Son, you phail. Now,

lemme tell you a story all about how my life got twist-turned upside down. I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you all about how you phail.

Shut up.

Pokesamrus

Quote from: LightningSword on January 24, 2008, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: britneymahboy on January 24, 2008, 08:58:40 PM
Big Bang because its the only realistic one.
Yeah, everything spinning randomly and then *BOOM* the universe is created. Very likely. :| Which brings us to Newton's First Law: "An object at rest remains at rest and an object in motion remains in motion unless acted on by an unbalanced force". There had to be some force that acted on the universe to create it.
Looks like someone isn't educated.

Well some supernatural god guy makes the world, how the hell is that likely, and then he leaves NOT A SINGLE PIECE OF EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE, and some random ignorant old time commoners come up with the same exact idea of him, at random, and then it gets spread and a bunch of gullible people believe and you know how it ends.

VERY LIKELY, EH?

OneManFreakShow

Creation.

Son, you phail. Now,

lemme tell you a story all about how my life got twist-turned upside down. I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you all about how you phail.

No.

Pokesamrus

Quote from: OneManFreakShow on January 24, 2008, 09:35:56 PM
Creation.

Son, you phail. Now,

No.
Notice how in my attempt at saying someone phails I deliberately add phail just to show that I don't really mean they phail and I still respect their believes, no matter how unlikely they are

Kaz

Quote from: Pokesamrus on January 24, 2008, 09:38:05 PM
Notice how in my attempt at saying someone phails I deliberately add phail just to show that I don't really mean they phail and I still respect their believes, no matter how unlikely they are

Regardless, it was completely retarded and I really hope you'll abstain from ever posting like that again.