News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

so I was thinking of downloading a subbed anime

Started by Zovistograt, October 15, 2007, 11:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

but I've never done so before (nor will I probably do so in a while) so I have no clue how to go about doing it.  Should I torrent it?  Where from?  It's Haruhi, btw :P I want to attempt to make AMV's ;D

Yeah so my compy doesn't have a lot of space left (<10GB) so I was wondering how much space fourteen episodes ~24 minutes long each would take up.  If it's more than half of that I won't do it.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

bluaki

My folder containing 12 episodes of .hack//Legend of the Twilight is 1.96GB with each episode being 640x480 quality, 30fps, approx 25mins each, and Xvid compression. Those things are all standard, so assume that most anime is like that.
I'd assume that your 24-episode series will take about 4GB, unless it's high-def or something.

Zovistograt

Quote from: bluaki on October 15, 2007, 12:38:37 PM
My folder containing 12 episodes of .hack//Legend of the Twilight is 1.96GB with each episode being 640x480 quality, 30fps, approx 25mins each, and Xvid compression. Those things are all standard, so assume that most anime is like that.
I'd assume that your 24-episode series will take about 4GB, unless it's high-def or something.
14, not 24...right so that wouldn't be that bad, thanks.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

OmegaPapyrus

I don't understand why so many people like anime. >_>

Zovistograt

Commander Awesome

bluaki

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 15, 2007, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: bluaki on October 15, 2007, 12:38:37 PM
14, not 24...right so that wouldn't be that bad, thanks.
Oops, that was minutes per episode. With 14 episodes, it's a bit more than 2.25GB.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on October 15, 2007, 01:04:50 PM
wtf

Get moar memories. MOAR
I have an 80 gig portable HD but it uses this fancy "secure" software that doesn't allow me to just simply drag and drop things to it, so it's a real pain to do anything besides back up my compy onto it.

えっちーせんぱい

Um... a 25 minute episode is about 180MB. It depends on format, and Aspect Ratio, as well as Dimensions.

Totla

Coincidentally, I have those exact files on my computer.
I'll go check.

2.37 GB

Rayquarian

Quote from: OmegaPapyrus on October 15, 2007, 01:04:13 PM
I don't understand why so many people like anime.

The same reason so many kids like cartoons, or the same reason so many people like movies.  Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't popular elsewhere.

Friendly Hostile

I suggest torrenting it.  If you're able, I would suggest Demonoid, since they seem to have a nice selection.  Just be sure to seed it to 1 when you finish downloading it.  As for size, shows generally run from about 200 t0 250 MB in size, depending on quality and length.  Though that's with .mkv and .avi files, I wouldn't know about the size of other file types.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on October 15, 2007, 02:14:53 PM
I suggest torrenting it.  If you're able, I would suggest Demonoid, since they seem to have a nice selection.  Just be sure to seed it to 1 when you finish downloading it.  As for size, shows generally run from about 200 t0 250 MB in size, depending on quality and length.  Though that's with .mkv and .avi files, I wouldn't know about the size of other file types.
.mkv's run about 250MB per 22 minutes, avi's around 180MB for the same length.

BOSSNIG

Whats wrong with 4Kids and Phuuz :O. </noishe>
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER