News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

oh wonderful, I'm unconscious again

Started by Zovistograt, November 02, 2007, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

no, not in real life, in D&D.

Today we met again (we have D&D club every Friday for a few hours after school) and we started to go into a room with a heck of a lot of assorted zombies, where coincidentally the subject of why we're in there is located--a cell in the floor in the far corner has Nicholas Cage the centaur.  Great.  So all our incredibly pitiful party had to do was battle through about 15 zombies all piled in this large room and get to the centaur and then escape the dungeon (which wasn't that big).  Our party consists of me, a crazy rogue elf with 4 HP and the lowest armor class of the party, the most knowledgeable person (a cleric elf) being extremely fatigued which subtracted from everything he did, our Pally that can't roll for her life (no offense to her though :P) and an overpowered satar(sp?) that randomly came barreling down the stairs covered in spider guts in the beginning of the dungeon and was welcomed into the party without hesitation :D

So here's how it went.  I kill a hob-goblin who was confused and could have really been persuaded to fight on our side (oh well) while the overpowered sater (no clue how to spell it, never had to  ::)) got into a corner surrounded by all the zombies.  One of the zombies killed me (which didn't take much at all) and started eating my ear.  Then the overpowered guy (His character's name is even hard to spell) just runs through all the zombies and goes up to a makeshift throne, ignoring the crazed battle in the background, and tries to rip open a cushion.  When he fails (:P) he decides to pummel into the cell.  Once he's there, he gets Nick Cage and then realizes that it was stupid to go into the cell in the first place.  The cleric then casts a spell which I didn't know he could cast that made the Pally huge, and she got insane modifiers.  So she attempted a swing of her giant great sword.  Rolled a 1.  Rolled a second 1...and a third O_o;; so she tossed the great sword across the room and it broke in half.  Wonderful.

I had to leave, so I am wondering how that turned out...the DM might've gotten tired of the ridiculous scenario (he thought it would be an easy problem so he was then going to release an undead minotaur, but that proved superfluous after all) so he might have just had the hand of Pelor smash the remaining zombies.  I hope the cleric revived me, I had -5 health when I left -_-

Now please respond and read this because I spent all that time typing this D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

I pretty much had to stop reading after the first big paragraph, because I really can't stand D&D talk.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on November 02, 2007, 03:54:02 PM
I pretty much had to stop reading after the first big paragraph, because I really can't stand D&D talk.
can you at least say the correct spelling of the word phonetically pronounced "say-ter"?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ME86

I stopped after I saw the first D&D.

ts;dr.

Tupin

That game is way too complicated. ::) I'd rather just play a video game RPG. Also, the only people I've ever seen play D&D are comic book store owners. :D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 02, 2007, 03:55:28 PM
That game is way too complicated. ::) I'd rather just play a video game RPG. Also, the only people I've ever seen play D&D are comic book store owners. :D
but D&D is like an RPG but with less limitations and tons of more fun!

Kaz

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 02, 2007, 03:54:44 PM
can you at least say the correct spelling of the word phonetically pronounced "say-ter"?

No, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Silverhawk79

I understood all that, but I've only ever played one thing of D&D, so...uh, exciting? >_>

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on November 02, 2007, 03:58:03 PM

y'know, it's the centaur with two legs instead of four.

ME86

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 02, 2007, 03:58:47 PM

Satyr?

Kaz

Satyr.

Avion-Finch

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

ME86

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on November 02, 2007, 04:02:15 PM

Satyr.

o i c wut u did thar kaz.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on November 02, 2007, 04:02:15 PM

Satyr.
kthx

Zovistograt

Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 02, 2007, 04:02:45 PM
I have but one question

Nicholas Cage?
yeah, and his father is Vin Diesel

...our DM has a sense of humor.