News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The history of NSF

Started by …, November 17, 2007, 12:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somebody tell me the full story of how NSF came to be and who now runs and owns it.
...̅̅̅

PsychoYoshi

1) Metroid_Fan gathered a bunch of people on this forums Invision Power Board ancestor. MF proved to be a tyrant and incompetent at picking out moderators and administrators. Some of the KoH and lower-ranked admins went under his back and hacked his account.

2) He regained control of his account and banned the people responsible. He eventually had a 10 year-old boy temper tantrum and shut those forums down for good.

3) Silver, one of the admins in the coup, decided to build another forum as a replacement. He paid for a domain name and got Snorkel to get a server.

4) The rest is history.

NiMa74

0. On September 17, 2007, the NSider Forums (forums.nintendo.com) closed down, leaving a bunch of people bored out of their minds.

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on November 17, 2007, 12:12:01 AM
1) Metroid_Fan gathered a bunch of people on this forums Invision Power Board ancestor. MF proved to be a tyrant and incompetent at picking out moderators and administrators. Some of the KoH and lower-ranked admins went under his back and hacked his account.

2) He regained control of his account and banned the people responsible. He eventually had a 10 year-old boy temper tantrum and shut those forums down for good.

3) Silver, one of the admins in the coup, decided to build another forum as a replacement. He paid for a domain name and got Snorkel to get a server.

4) The rest is history.

Jono2

someone should compile a big history of this site (to a greater extent than what's written) like was done at SDA/M2K2.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

NOA_ANDY

Actually, I've seen the history of Nsiderforums, and still remain staff of it.

PsychoYoshi, your events are a bit....off.

1) After the closing of the Nintendo Nsider forums on September 17, (2007), Metroid_Fan! creates a forum to replace it on an Invision Power Board.

2) A few days afterward, a "raid" on Power On breaks out causing much disruption and a few members to leave.

3) The next day (in the evening), another "raid" on Power On breaks out and Metroid_Fan! is banned by certain admins which causes Metroid_Fan! to shut down the board for a few hours.

4) After being able to unban his account, he banned and de-admined the members responsible.

5) After re-opening the site,  Metroid_Fan! announces his week old plane that he is going to get a new forum and domain for the site.

6) When a generous $500 donation to cover all of the costs, Metroid_Fan! makes the transfer to the new site (this site).

7) Days afterward, M_F! was overthrown and de-admined.

.....and that's basically the outline.  :P

JMV

4) The rest is history.
whar was i
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Totla

4) The rest is history.
*cough*

Zovistograt

Quote from: JMV290 on November 17, 2007, 10:09:07 AM

4) The rest is history.
whar was i
uhh maybe BOYAH
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

JMV

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 17, 2007, 10:20:10 AM
Quote from: JMV290 on November 17, 2007, 10:09:07 AM

4) The rest is history.
whar was i
uhh maybe BOYAH
but i was the one who told snorkel about m_f's forum and had him talk to mr silver
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Emma Watson

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on November 17, 2007, 09:54:47 AM
Actually, I've seen the history of Nsiderforums, and still remain staff of it.

PsychoYoshi, your events are a bit....off.

1) After the closing of the Nintendo Nsider forums on September 17, (2007), Metroid_Fan! creates a forum to replace it on an Invision Power Board.

2) A few days afterward, a "raid" on Power On breaks out causing much disruption and a few members to leave.

3) The next day (in the evening), another "raid" on Power On breaks out and Metroid_Fan! is banned by certain admins which causes Metroid_Fan! to shut down the board for a few hours.

4) After being able to unban his account, he banned and de-admined the members responsible.

5) After re-opening the site,  Metroid_Fan! announces his week old plane that he is going to get a new forum and domain for the site.

6) When a generous $500 donation to cover all of the costs, Metroid_Fan! makes the transfer to the new site (this site).

7) Days afterward, M_F! was overthrown and de-admined.

.....and that's basically the outline.  :P
your mom is a bit off

LOL

Silverhawk79

OKAY I'LL TELL THE FULL THING SINCE I MADE THE PLACE. >_>
Hold on, next post.
'Kay, maybe not.

1. September 17, 2007, the Nintendo Nsider Forums were shut down permanently, leaving thousands of Nsiders without anywhere to go. Fan sites popped up, including a site by Metroid_Fan! and various others.

2. Metroid_Fan! admins me for no real reason. I don't really complain. Things are good for a week or two, and all is well. I do notice that some of the rules on the site are ridiculous, but I can't change them too much.

3. Suddenly, after members begin complaining about M_F!'s style of admining, he goes berserk and locks nearly everything, and threatens to ban anyone who speaks out, including mods and admins, along with de-modding. I speak out, but don't get de-admined. I begin trying to ban M_F, but he's root admin, and I don't have permissions to ban him.

4. A user offered to get onto my account to hack through and ban M_F. I trust him, and let him do it. It works for a while, but he comes back and IP bans me for 100 years or so, and claims that I 'hacked' him, and that I was trying to take over the forums. Funny thing is, everyone was rooting for me to succeed. Oh well.

5. Dissatisfied with this nonsense, I use hostinglagoon.com to get a free domain, and set this place up on a temporary host. It's alright for a while, but Snorkel enters the picture. He says he has a place to host it. He gets it set up, but within minutes we crash due to all the people. Apparently 100 people logging in at once is bad for servers. Who knew? :P Back to the temp. host we go.

6. Snorkel finally finds a good virtual private server, which we needed due to the bandwidth usage and all that, and we realize that we need money. Lots of money. Starwindwizard7 very graciously donated $500(!!!) to pay for a full year of hosting, and we're in business. We (me, Snorkel, and Resident_Zoidberg) get the overall layout to roughly how it is now. We finally open!

7. We add more mods and admins, and the member count explodes. We add a really cool feature, NFES, which the admin of virtualnes.com graciously let us use. And, well, here we are now.

Did I forget anything? >_>

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 17, 2007, 12:04:42 PM
Hold on, next post.
'Kay, maybe not.
1. September 17, 2007, the Nintendo Nsider Forums were shut down permanently, leaving thousands of Nsiders without anywhere to go. Fan sites popped up, including a site by Metroid_Fan! and various others.
2. Metroid_Fan! admins me for no real reason. I don't really complain. Things are good for a week or two, and all is well.
3. Suddenly, after member begin complaining about M_F!'s style of admining, he goes berserk and locks nearly everything, and threatens to ban anyone who speaks out, including mods and admins, along with de-modding. I speak out, but don't get de-admined. I begin trying to ban M_F, but he's root admin, and I don't have permissions to ban him.
4. A user offered to get onto my account to hack through and ban M_F. I trust him, and let him do it. It works for a while, but he comes back and IP bans me for 100 years or so.
5. Dissatisfied with this nonsense, I use hostinglagoon.com to get a free domain, and set this place up on a temporary host. It's alright for a while, but Snorkel enters the picture. He says he has a place to host it. He gets it set up, but within minutes we crash due to all the people. Back to the temp. host we go.
6. Snorkel finally finds a good server, and we realize that we need money. Starwindwizard7 very graciously donated $500(!!!) to pay for a full year of hosting, and we're in business. We (me, Snorkel, and Resident_Zoiberg) get the overall layout to roughly how it is now. We finally open!

Sounds about right.

I talked to you once on the IPB forums...
You seemed like an awesome guy.

Then when I heard you hacked M_F's account or what ever,
and that you were trying to bring people over to a New Forum,
I hated you SOOOOOOOOOO Badly!

Oooooooooooooooooooo...................!!!

Thats why when I came over thanks to Snorkel and JMV,
when I saw YOU, I freaked out.  :D

All is good now!
*smiles*

Silverhawk79

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on November 17, 2007, 12:10:30 PM
Hold on, next post.
'Kay, maybe not.
2. Metroid_Fan! admins me for no real reason. I don't really complain. Things are good for a week or two, and all is well.
3. Suddenly, after member begin complaining about M_F!'s style of admining, he goes berserk and locks nearly everything, and threatens to ban anyone who speaks out, including mods and admins, along with de-modding. I speak out, but don't get de-admined. I begin trying to ban M_F, but he's root admin, and I don't have permissions to ban him.
4. A user offered to get onto my account to hack through and ban M_F. I trust him, and let him do it. It works for a while, but he comes back and IP bans me for 100 years or so.
5. Dissatisfied with this nonsense, I use hostinglagoon.com to get a free domain, and set this place up on a temporary host. It's alright for a while, but Snorkel enters the picture. He says he has a place to host it. He gets it set up, but within minutes we crash due to all the people. Back to the temp. host we go.
6. Snorkel finally finds a good server, and we realize that we need money. Starwindwizard7 very graciously donated $500(!!!) to pay for a full year of hosting, and we're in business. We (me, Snorkel, and Resident_Zoiberg) get the overall layout to roughly how it is now. We finally open!

Sounds about right.

All is good now!
*smiles*
Yeah...he really tried to make me out as the bad guy in the situation. :(
I got a little bit of hate mail over that, but nothing I couldn't handle. Once I told them the real situation, they saw it my way. :P

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 17, 2007, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on November 17, 2007, 12:10:30 PM
Hold on, next post.
'Kay, maybe not.

Sounds about right.

All is good now!
*smiles*
Yeah...he really tried to make me out as the bad guy in the situation. :(
I got a little bit of hate mail over that, but nothing I couldn't handle. Once I told them the real situation, they saw it my way. :P
Hacked or not, MF intercourse ing deleted everyone's accounts...

Mario64

W-O-W THAT IS VERY COMPLEX, BUT WHO CARES AT LEAST NSIDER WAS MADE BECAUSE OF IT.  ;D