News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Updated skin! Thoughts?

Started by Judas, December 12, 2007, 08:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like it?

Yes.
14 (63.6%)
No.
3 (13.6%)
Don't care.
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Judas

I think it looks a bit better. What do you think?

Also, please report any issues with it... there's bound to be a couple bugs.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

bluaki

Quote from: Snorkel on December 12, 2007, 08:03:23 PM
Large gap between Logout and Chat buttons at top.
I've checked in both Opera and Firefox and it's the same.

Also, all buttons except NFES overlap the banner slightly. The NFES button lacks a top and bottom border.
Other than the navbar and the avatar being shown at the top of the page next to "Hey, bluaki, you have 226 messages, 0 are new.", are there any more changes?

Macawmoses

Cardinal

We still need an "add bookmark" button. :P

Judas

Quote from: bluaki on December 12, 2007, 08:10:13 PM
Quote from: Snorkel on December 12, 2007, 08:03:23 PM
Large gap between Logout and Chat buttons at top.
I've checked in both Opera and Firefox and it's the same.

Also, all buttons except NFES overlap the banner slightly. The NFES button lacks a top and bottom border.
Other than the navbar and the avatar being shown at the top of the page next to "Hey, bluaki, you have 226 messages, 0 are new.", are there any more changes?

Hmm, that's weird. Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing and PM it to me? The gap between buttons is supposed to be there (I like the community functions being highlighted over on the right).

Other changes include the gradient background on title bars where there used to just be solid gray, a halftoned background (used to be solid), and numerous color tweaks to make things look better.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Macawmoses

I don't know if this pertains to skins, but link colors still don't stand out..

bluaki

bluaki

Quote from: mackormoses on December 12, 2007, 08:21:26 PM
I don't know if this pertains to skins, but link colors still don't stand out..
I asked earlier to get it changed and apparently the colors were reverted before I noticed the change.

Judas

Quote from: bluaki on December 12, 2007, 08:24:18 PM

Well that's stupid. It's not supposed to look like that... it looks like your browser, for whatever reason, expands the buttons by 2-3px on the top.

Now I have to make browser-specific CSS, joy. :|

What's your browser/OS info?

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

bluaki

Quote from: Snorkel on December 12, 2007, 08:28:45 PM

Well that's stupid. It's not supposed to look like that... it looks like your browser, for whatever reason, expands the buttons by 2-3px on the top.

OS is Windows XP Home
Browser is both Firefox and Opera (newest versions of each, I checked with both browsers and it's the same. I believe I took the screenshot from Opera though it makes no difference.)

Judas

Quote from: bluaki on December 12, 2007, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: Snorkel on December 12, 2007, 08:28:45 PM

OS is Windows XP Home
Browser is both Firefox and Opera (newest versions of each, I checked with both browsers and it's the same. I believe I took the screenshot from Opera though it makes no difference.)

Alright. I guess I'll make a slightly modified version that FireFox and Opera users are directed to... oddly enough, the only browser that renders everything properly is IE (and Safari). First time that's ever happened.

Friendly Hostile

I still prefer the SMF default.

LightShock

Judas

Quote from: LightShock on December 13, 2007, 08:07:32 AM
Quote from: JMV290 on December 12, 2007, 08:31:05 PM
Dark Version pl0x

I believe a better dark skin will be available after the big update I talked about earlier.