Started by Allegretto, March 13, 2008, 08:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

Quote from: Ultrasuperstarenator on March 16, 2008, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: Allegretto on March 16, 2008, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 16, 2008, 10:14:32 AM
Quote from: Allegretto on March 15, 2008, 11:43:51 AM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 15, 2008, 11:39:40 AM
No issues with the graphics. I hated the Triforce Hunting. >:( That was the flaw that made me wait 3 years to beat the game! >:( >:( >:(

But I love this game. It's the best Zelda game (Second best is Majora's Mask!) I've ever played! ANd I've played all of them! ;D
Orcarina of Time is the best!!!
No. You have 6-8 versions of OoT already. Majora's Mask felt...diferent. :|
.....Still orcarina had the best story..battles...items...gameplay..puzzles...Also you fight the King of Evil Ganondorf for the first time on the first 3d Zelda game.

And now to shoot down our common view. I thought OoT's story is the WORST out of the 4 3-D games. (if you count PH, then second worst.) And you can't really say the battles are any better than the others. (In fact, I thought WW's and TP's battle systems were much better) The items . . . er, I thought they were the worst too. Nothing really that cool. And I thought the Gameplay was slower than any of the other Zelda games, and puzzles I thought were . . . er, kinda unrealistic. Maybe I forgot to say it, but I thought WW was much better than OoT.

But TP is better still.
................Im speechless.....orcarina of time..owns..is all i can mutter

Kaz

The graphical style is absolutely beautiful. I personally love it.

For me, the only flaw is the size of the map and the islands. There wasn't enough to do on most of them. The game could've been expanded to give people reasons to go to certain islands other than a heart piece.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

thunderhero4

You kidding me! I LOVED THE GRAPHICS! And the game had waaaay more exploration value than any other zelda game! It was by far the best Zelda, IMO! ;)

Triforceman22

My top three Zelda's are

1. majora's Mask

2. OOT

3. WW

Majora's mask is special to me since it was my first Zelda game.
And the plot was the best zelda plot.
Masks ftw.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Allegretto

Orcarina of Time is my favorite because my first video game beat of all time. Thats also why link is my favorite video game character.  ;D

SkyMyl

Quote from: Allegretto on March 18, 2008, 07:49:58 PM
Orcarina of Time is my favorite because my first video game beat of all time. Thats also why link is my favorite video game character.  ;D
Link owns.
I think I just have issues because I see it every day. :D

Still is fun...until you see Ruto. :|

Syncopathic

Windwaker is awesome because of the graphics, It made it different.
Majora's Mask is the best 3D zelda game(yeah, that means it's better than TP and OOT)
It was different, I loved the mask system, I loved that the villain wasn't Ganondorf,
I also loved it because the dungeons were more difficult.
The only thing I didn't like about windwaker was the triforce hunt, sailing itself becomes bearable
after you play awhile, the dungeons were so-so, but still, windwaker comed 2nd in my
favorite Zelds.

PsychoYoshi

Main pros of WW:
1) Graphics.
2) Character development of Link.
3) Elegant dungeon design.
4) First Zelda game with different music for every boss.
5) Parry Attacks/The rest of the combat engine.

Main cons of WW:
1) Not enough dungeons; I don't appreciate how Nintendo nerfed Ice Ring Isle and Fire Mountain into one room.
2) Triforce shard quest. All of it.
3) The warp song was too limited in its scope.
4) Tingle was a capitalist bastard who promoted slavery and a monopoly on the chart-reading market.

In terms of the 3D games...
Majora's Mask>Ocarina of Time>Wind Waker>Twilight Princess>Phantom Hourglass

In terms of the 2D ones...
Oracle of Ages>Oracle of Seasons>ALTTP>Minish Cap>Link's Awakening>LoZ>4SA>AoL

Allegretto

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on March 19, 2008, 01:12:58 PM
Main pros of WW:
1) Graphics.
2) Character development of Link.
3) Elegant dungeon design.
4) First Zelda game with different music for every boss.
5) Parry Attacks/The rest of the combat engine.

Main cons of WW:
1) Not enough dungeons; I don't appreciate how Nintendo nerfed Ice Ring Isle and Fire Mountain into one room.
2) Triforce shard quest. All of it.
3) The warp song was too limited in its scope.
4) Tingle was a capitalist bastard who promoted slavery and a monopoly on the chart-reading market.

In terms of the 3D games...
Majora's Mask>Ocarina of Time>Wind Waker>Twilight Princess>Phantom Hourglass

In terms of the 2D ones...
Oracle of Ages>Oracle of Seasons>ALTTP>Minish Cap>Link's Awakening>LoZ>4SA>AoL
Hmm...To me they are

Pros: Music system for bosses (Like you stated)
Unique dungeons, not like any other zelda game.
How you ahve fire and ice arrows in one bow

Cons
To short
Sailing...
Graphic design (Just not use to it from the first 2 zelda titles i had played)
no fairy

My favorites in order would be  Orcarina of Time, Majora's mask, Wind waker, Phantom hourglass, Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda adventrues of Link.

Tupin

Windwaker is was the best Zelda game to ever appear on a console.

Yes, even better than OOT.

The cel-shaded graphics gave the characters personality.

It was just too short.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 19, 2008, 01:30:10 PM
Windwaker is was the best Zelda game to ever appear on a console.

Yes, even better than OOT.

The cel-shaded graphics gave the characters personality.

It was just too short.

Not really. Link was the only one who was expressive. Tetra[spoiler]Zelda[/spoiler] kinda did, then no one else did.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Allegretto on March 15, 2008, 11:43:51 AM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 15, 2008, 11:39:40 AM
No issues with the graphics. I hated the Triforce Hunting. >:( That was the flaw that made me wait 3 years to beat the game! >:( >:( >:(

But I love this game. It's the best Zelda game (Second best is Majora's Mask!) I've ever played! ANd I've played all of them! ;D
Orcarina of Time is the best!!!
ALTTP! >:(

However, I doubt  you've played OoT 2-D! :P

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on March 15, 2008, 12:34:35 PM
I myself absolutely loved wind waker. For me it will always be in it's own special place, mainly because it was the first 3D Zelda game i had played. I loved the graphics of it, and i can't really see how any other type of graphics would of fit with it's gameplay and story.

Really, this is all I'd say if I wrote up my own post. I loved the cel-shaded style. If I want a "Serious" Zelda (Of course, there's always the silent protagonist which stomps on any kind of plot development) I'll play Twilight Princess.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

Allegretto

Quote from: Chain Chompesque on March 20, 2008, 01:55:30 PM
I myself absolutely loved wind waker. For me it will always be in it's own special place, mainly because it was the first 3D Zelda game i had played. I loved the graphics of it, and i can't really see how any other type of graphics would of fit with it's gameplay and story.

Really, this is all I'd say if I wrote up my own post. I loved the cel-shaded style. If I want a "Serious" Zelda (Of course, there's always the silent protagonist which stomps on any kind of plot development) I'll play Twilight Princess.
Still in all fairness I believe Orcarina of Time is the best. Mainly because Ganon is the main Villian in the series and that was the first 3-d Zelda game where you actually fought him.

Ultrasuperstarenator

Quote from: Allegretto on March 20, 2008, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: Chain Chompesque on March 20, 2008, 01:55:30 PM

Still in all fairness I believe Orcarina of Time is the best. Mainly because Ganon is the main Villian in the series and that was the first 3-d Zelda game where you actually fought him.

Um, this doesn't really say anything on weither the game is good or not