News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Anyone heard of the Ness thing?

Started by Avion-Finch, May 05, 2008, 01:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

evidently, Ness (and Lucas too evidently) have this thing were if they escape from a grab, they can be grabbed again, repeatedly, and its impossible to get out of until you reach a ledge, theres a huge to-do at Gfaqs about it. whose heard about it?

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Macawmoses

I haven't heard of this, care to elaborate further?

JrDude

Quote from: mackormoses on May 05, 2008, 02:53:11 PM
I haven't heard of this, care to elaborate further?
less big words for small mind please.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dawei

Screw you man, I was hoping to keep this a secret from nsf. D:

Anyway, since it is out, I shall explain:
To do this grab, grab Ness or Lucas, and mash a button. Do not throw them though. Let them escape the grab, as soon as they escape though, you can dash forward, and grab them again, in which you continue to mash a. Repeat until you hit a ledge. Also, this can be done with any character, and it's insanely hard to get out of if done right.
So with that, anyone who suggest Lucas and Ness are decent needs to gtfo.

Java

Quote from: Dawei on May 05, 2008, 04:38:04 PM

To do this grab, grab Ness or Lucas, and mash a button. Do not throw them though. Let them escape the grab, as soon as they escape though, you can dash forward, and grab them again, in which you continue to mash a. Repeat until you hit a ledge. Also, this can be done with any character, and it's insanely hard to get out of if done right.
I play as Lucas. :(

Dawei

Quote from: Java_Java on May 05, 2008, 08:31:39 PM

I play as Lucas. :(
Enjoy the infinite grabs.

Avion-Finch

I also heard that lucas escapes it at about 20 %......ness on the other hand.......

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Dawei

Quote from: Avion-Finch on May 06, 2008, 01:39:16 PM
I also heard that lucas escapes it at about 20 %......ness on the other hand.......
Against Ike, Yes, but he has slow grabs. Lucas doesn't get off any easier than Ness for the most part.

Itachi

You can escape it if you have Thirdkoopa DI, but that's a hax tech that's banned in any respectable tourney, like thinking and attacking.
3609-0712-2947 lol brollz

Dawei

Quote from: Itachi on May 06, 2008, 02:59:50 PM
You can escape it if you have Thirdkoopa DI, but that's a hax tech that's banned in any respectable tourney, like thinking and attacking.
It's almost as haxxor as Thirdkoopa PK TUNNNNNNDDDAAAAAARRRRRRRR. Shit's too overpowered.

Joeofmars

Isn't this called a 'chain-grab'? >________> I thought people knew about these things.

Dawei

Quote from: Joeofmars on May 06, 2008, 06:53:35 PM
Isn't this called a 'chain-grab'? >________> I thought people knew about these things.
Yes, but chain grabs are usually escapable, and only certain characters can do it.
This grab, while still a chain grab, is more or less infinite and anyone can do it.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on May 06, 2008, 06:55:27 PM
Quote from: Joeofmars on May 06, 2008, 06:53:35 PM
Yes, but chain grabs are usually escapable, and only certain characters can do it.
This grab, while still a chain grab, is more or less infinite and anyone can do it.
Selective Wobble >_<

Erase the evidence, they can't know!

Kilroy

OH COME ON

I WAS TRYING TO START TO USE NESS :(
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

tollhouse2006

Wow, using this move against Ness and Lucas users would make anyone an poop hole.  Lucky for me Tibar is a pro with Lucas.  Heheeehhehehe...
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi