News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

no love for Johto?(sorta big read)

Started by Avion-Finch, October 17, 2007, 02:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

I'm really confused about something, it seems like brawl is totally neglecting the 2nd gen of pokemon......so far, the only second gens we have(as pokeball or in the stadium) are skarmory and Chikorita.......now, it seems that they're mostly centering on the 1st and 3rd gens for pokeball pokemon, giving them alot of representation.......now lets get further, alot of people dont want Pichu to return as a playable.......and most people dont want a second gen pokemon as playable......which I cant really understand, the G/S/C series is popularily considered as the best pokemon games ever.....and we then want them out of our brawl.

Now you might be saying. "we dont need a playable second gen pokemon, pokeballs are good enough rep" and although that may be sorta true, the problem is, as of right now......the second gen isnt being repped well in POKEBALLS either, I dont really see a problem with a second gen playable pokemon, heck, I even have two fairly valid pokemon that COULD be playables, Typhlosion and Tyranitar.

Typhlosion was arguably the most popular of the three johto starters, and was the main pokemon of the hero of a series in the Anime. now as a fighter, its pretty different, first of all, it runs quadripedally, while doing basic attacks bipedally, also, it has a wide array of battle techniques, it can punch, kick, scratch, breath fire, and it could have the attack eruption as its final smash

Tyranitar is possibly the hugest threat of competitive pokemon, yes, theres no denying it, this pokemon would be the perfect pokemon to show pokemon's more competitive side(a side alot of people never see.) also, look for a second, alot of other franchises repped in smash so far have the big heavy character, mario has Bowser, Zelda has ganondorf, DK has....well, DK, and some may say mewtwo filled that role in melee.......no, the term is big, HEAVY, mewtwo was very light, and was blasted away easily. Tyranitar on the other hand would be heavy, bulky and powerful, the way its supposed to be. as for attacks, its pretty scary, it would use attacks like, Crunch, Stone Edge, and a variety of other physical attacks, BUT! it has a secret, it can also use ranged attacks like blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, heck, even SURF!(if your not into pokemon, basically think a giant tidal wave, thats surf). heck, it even has a nick-name derived from this that has been known as a source of fear for many, Tyraniboah(I dont really know where the Boah comes from.....but its still nasty) for a final smash, I could see alot of things, perhaps, hyper beam, Earthquake, or Avalanche.

Now to close, I just want to say something about representation, the PT does NOT count as 3 characters, I mean, they all dont technically have a bV and are supposed to be treated as a combined entity(like zelda/Shiek) so having "another darn pokemon" wouldnt be as bad as you think, Now I am aware that the final roster has no doubt been chosen by now, I'm just saying it could be a POSSIBILITY of there being a second gen rep, and if there doesnt end up being one, I'll still buy brawl and enjoy it, I'm just trying to say my opinion. and I know I wont please everyone but, thats not what stating an opinion is about. ;)

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Avion-Finch

Avion-Finch

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Lotos on October 17, 2007, 04:25:56 PM
I personally think that the third gen was the worst.  Maybe we'll get more 2nd gen reps?  I say axe Pichu and add someone from the second gen, maybe Ampharos, Granbull, or Hitmontop?
To me, Pichu will not stay, it just would be too hard to make a non clone moveset.

Triforce_Luigi

The 2nd gen needs more love. Personally, I want Typhlosion or Sneasel or Magby or Elekid!

Java

Wasn't Snubill a 2nd Gen Pokemon.
Snubill for Brawl!

:P

Anyway, the think about Tyranatar (sp?) isn't iconic. And most Pokemon get in for their iconic-ness.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Java_Java on October 17, 2007, 04:47:12 PM
Wasn't Snubill a 2nd Gen Pokemon.
Snubill for Brawl!

:P

Anyway, the think about Tyranatar (sp?) isn't iconic. And most Pokemon get in for their iconic-ness.
Its iconic in competitive play though.

Cornwad

Avion-Finch

Cornwad

I don't think Pichu is coming back because Pikachu stole his goggles.
I would put in  Swinub or Igglybuff.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Cornwad on October 17, 2007, 05:00:28 PM
Swinub? as playable? O_o

Triforce_Luigi

Cornwad

Quote from: Avion-Finch on October 17, 2007, 05:01:06 PM
Swinub? as playable? O_o

Fine, Piloswine :D

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Cornwad on October 17, 2007, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on October 17, 2007, 05:01:06 PM
Swinub? as playable? O_o

Fine, Piloswine :D
piloswine.......best pokemon name ever :P

Triforce_Luigi

How would Piloswine hold items? Mamoswine is better. It uses horns for items.