News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Unofficial Nintendo TCG

Started by THEBIRD, December 16, 2007, 01:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

THE NINTENDO TCG

This is Edition 3 of the Nintendo TCG. I made it back at NSiders, so now I'm bringing it here! Let me show you all how to play.

This is a card. (Just to give you a visual when explaining the rules).

Reading the whole thing is not necessary. Just read the parts you need to know, and learn the rest as you go.

How to Join this TCG- Please PM with the heading 'Joining TCG' or something like that so sorting PM's doesn't get confusing.
- I'll PM you back five cards. 3 Character cards and 2 Item cards.
- Sorry if it may take a while. I have a life outside of Nsiders, and I do tend to enjoy it.

The Objective
The objective of this game is to win. There can be different goals to win. But usually it is a certain amount of Character card KO's to win.

What Cards to Play- Your first move must be with a Character card.
- You may have five Character cards out at all times.
- You may play one Character card per turn.
- You may play one Item card per turn unless the item card permits otherwise.
- If you don't have any Character cards on the field, you only have two consecutive turns until you must play a Character card. If you do have a Character card on the field, then this rule does not affect you.

Character Card Layout
- Each card has green slashes by Power and  Speed.
- The Power is the amount of strength your character has.
- The Speed is how fast your character is.
- The name of the character is at the top.
- The game the sprite is from is underneath the picture.
- The card number is on the upper right.
- The stars show the rarity of the card. The more stars, the better it is.
- You can not bring back a Character card you send out, so choose carefully!

Item Card Layout
- Item Cards have no Rarity Stars.
- Item Cards have no Speed or Power issue. Instead they have descriptions.
- Everything else is the same as the Character Card Layout.

Terrain Card Layout
- Terrain Cards are Item cards, but they have something extra.
- To put it simply a terrain card is an endless item card. Terrain cards affect not only the person who plays it, but both players.
- There can be only one terrain card on the field at a time. The only way to remove a terrain card is by playing another terrain card in a different turn, or an item that allows you to discard it. If a terrain card is already played and a new terrain card is placed, then the old one is discarded and the new one is now active.
- You CANNOT play an item card AND a terrain card in the same turn unless one permits you to do so.

Point of the Game
- The point is to bring your opponent's card Power down to zero, no matter how high the Speed may be.
- You may decide rules for the game. The Traditional is a 3-Card KO or a 5-Card KO. Items do not count as KO's.
- If you and your opponent feel like it, you can try out some different ways of playing (like 'Only 5 cards can be played total' or 'Only 1 Character Card every other turn').

How to Duel
- Your Power must be the same or more than your opponents to be able to defeat them. But, at the same time, your Speed must be the same or more than your opponents. If you have enough Power, but not enough Speed, your character will be too slow to reach your opponent. Therefore, you cannot finish them off.
- If you have enough Speed, but not enough Power, you can still attack. If you have two Power while your opponent has six, but you have ten speed while your opponent only has four, you can attack. The result would be that your opponent will lose the same amount of Power as your character has. But, you will also lose the same amount of Speed as your opponent has.
Some Examples:
ME
Power: 5
Speed: 6
OPP
Power: 6
Speed: 5
I can attack, but I will not finish him off. The result would be-
ME
Power: 5
Speed: 1
OPP
Power: 1
Speed: 5
Now, I can not attack, but my opponent can. The result would be-
ME
Power: 4
OPP
Speed: 4
My opponent can still attack, while I can not do anything. The result would be-
ME
Power: 3
OPP
Speed: 3
If I don't do anything soon, like send another card out, then the result would be my opponent winning.
Here's One More:
ME
Power: 7
Speed: 8
OPP
Power: 4
Speed: 6
In one attack, I would beat my opponent's card. Now, my opponent can now send out a stronger card and try to take out my character.
End of Examples

Turn Format (All done in one play)

1st Turn- Play a Character card
2nd Turn- Play an Item card (this turn may be skipped)
3rd Turn- Attack with Character Card (each Character card on the field may attack once)

Buying New Cards
Each player starts with 100 coins. A starter deck is free. The Card & Item Shop has all the cards you could ever need. The cost of a pack is shown at the shop. Please PM me if you want a pack. I will not spend my time reading each post (sorry) so if you want to be heard, PM ME!

Betting
When playing an opponent, you may bet. You can bet cards, or you can bet coins. In any bet, you will lose what you bet if you lose, or gain what your opponent bets if you win. I would like the winner of the bet to PM me and tell me what you bet on and what you get.

Trading
You can trade cards with people. Once again, you must PM me what you traded and with who. This way, I can update the post with what cards you own, so I don't think you are stealing cards. You may also buy cards off of other people. As long as you PM me with the info ;)

After a Duel
After a Duel, if the winner could PM me, that would be great. If you PM me and tell me who you won against, I can add it to the scoreboards. Only duels PMed to me will count. If no one PMed, than the battle will not count towards the scoreboard. The scoreboard only shows wins and losses. If I feel that really good players deserve a prize... Then maybe I'll give a prize :P

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask them here or PM me.

THEBIRD

The Starter Deck

Character Cards

Item Cards

THEBIRD

Players
Birdie of Aces
Triforce_Luigi- 000 Coins (W:2 L:5)
LIGHTNINGSWORD- 600 Coins (W:9 L:2)
mackormoses- 100 Coins (W:0 L:1)
ANDREWSCH- 100 Coins (W:0 L:0)
Ridley- 000 Coins (W:3 L:3)
RedSox- 100 Coins (W:0 L:1)
Linkfan71- 100 Coins (W:0 L:0)
Wolfpika- 000 Coins (W: 0 L: 1)
Hector_The_Axe- 100 Coins (W: 0 L: 0)
SSBBRAWLIN- 100 Coins (W: 0 L:0)

Staffers
Blue- Admin: The Admins can give new guys cards when they want to join or acknowledge when one guy wins or trades for a new card. They just need to remember to tell me so I can update the front page!

Red- Mod: When I'm not around, or am, you patrol the TCG. Mods need to know the rules well, since they will be watching and making sure no one is cheating or being scammed.

Brown- Tourney Worker: During official tournaments, the Tourney Worker gets to help work on it with me. If you want in on an official tournament, this job is for you!

Purple- Salesman: I can get too busy to sell card packs myself. So, if you are really good with knowing the balance with cards and the rarity, you could sell them. This job probably helps you rake in the most cash, since you get a good percetage of the stuff you sell (how does 100% sound?).

Lime Green- Quality Checker: These people need to have a good understanding of what the official v.1.4 card style is. They also should have a good understanding of Nintendo characters. Quality Checkers check over the cards in the section of my posts with all the cards in it. They look them over and PM me with info if they find any mistakes etc.

Yellow- Card Maker: Official Card Makers need to PM me for official V.1.4 quality standards and the 'How-To Guides' so they can make cards correctly. Also, Official Card Makers will be given certain games to make cards for.
CARD TEMPLATE: http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/975/cardtemplatehm9.png
HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CHARACTER CARDS: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7146/howtomakecharactercardsbi4.png

Black/White (depending on board skin)- Member: Just play the game and have fun!

PM ME IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ANY OF THESE JOBS.

THEBIRD

Triforce_Luigi
Mario
Samus
DK
Bombette
Lakilester
Sushi
Goombario
Heart Piece
Bomb-Omb

LIGHTNINGSWORD
Mario (3)
Pikachu (2)
Link (2)
Fox
DK
Roy
Samus
Kirby (2)
Goombario (2)
Paper Mario
Bombette
Parra Karry
Kooper
Parasol
Homerun Bat
Hammer (2)
Bomb-Omb (2)
Heart Piece
Bunny Hood
Turnip

mackormoses
DK
Mario
Link
Bunny Hood
Heart Piece

ANDREWSCH
Samus
Mario
Kirby
Heart Piece
Hammer

Ridley
Samus
DK (2)
Roy
Mario
Paper Mario (2)
Kooper (2)
Parakarry
Goombario (2)
Sushi (3)
Lakilester
Bombette (2)
Kirby (2)
Bunny Hood
Bomb-Omb (2)

RedSox
Mario
Link
Roy
Bunny Hood
Heart Piece

Linkfan71
Link
Fox
Roy
Bunny Hood
Heart Piece

Wolfpika
Mario (2)
Link (2)
DK (2)
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Roy
Fox
Hammer
Heart Piece
Bunny Hood (2)
Bomb-Omb (2)

Hector_The_Axe
Roy
DK
Link
Bunny Hood
Heart Piece

SSBBRAWLIN
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Hammer
Bunny Hood

THEBIRD

Hello and welcome to the Deck Shop. Check below for our items and constantly look for our sales!

SALES!: The Starter Deck is half off! Once 200 Coins, it is now priced down to 100 Coins!

Themed Decks NOTE: Packs contain 4 cards in them, unless states otherwise.
Starter Deck (Buy the entire starter deck)- 100 Coins
Paper Mario Deck- 250 Coins

Random Booster Pack
3 Cards -- 100 Coins
5 Cards -- 150 Coins

[Check here for cards that Card Maker's are working on]
Birdie of Aces is currently working on Melee Items.
Birdie of Aces is currently working on Paper Mario: TTYD.

[Check here for updates on cards that will be making their debut into the Nintendo TCG within the week]

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

Light

Don't worry, Birdie! I......................... have arrived! It's good to see this place again! :D
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

Lightningsword, I thought I saw your name somewhere in this forum! Good to see you again 8).

I'll give you your cards in this post, because I don't like this PMing system (if only it opened in a small window...).

Mario, Pikachu, Link, Hammer, and Bomb-Omb is your starter deck. Enjoy!

Macawmoses

Light

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on December 16, 2007, 05:26:13 PM
Lightningsword, I thought I saw your name somewhere in this forum! Good to see you again 8).

I'll give you your cards in this post, because I don't like this PMing system (if only it opened in a small window...).

Mario, Pikachu, Link, Hammer, and Bomb-Omb is your starter deck. Enjoy!
Thanks, man! I am back in business!  ;D

THEBIRD

Great, both of you guys are back :D. I've seen someone from the 1st TCG, but other then that I haven't really seen any 2nd TCG members.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on December 16, 2007, 06:07:52 PM
Great, both of you guys are back :D. I've seen someone from the 1st TCG, but other then that I haven't really seen any 2nd TCG members.
We just need Marc :D

Oh, I can get Ngamer to come back too ;D

Light

Anyone want to play a 3KO, 100 coin match?

THEBIRD

Quote from: LIGHTNINGSWORD on December 16, 2007, 06:19:29 PM
Anyone want to play a 3KO, 100 coin match?
Sure. I need to get the feel of the game again. It's been a while... You can start.