News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The NSFCD Colosseum ~MoM~ Update

Started by Friendly Hostile, October 30, 2008, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendly Hostile

-The NSFCD Colosseum-

When a society has been around long enough, it often seeks alternate, albeit gruesome, forms of entertainment.  And seeing how as I'm bored as hell lately, I've decided it's time for you all to do battle for the entertainment of all.  Thus, the Colosseum is born.

I'm sure many of you have seen a game like this before, but for those who haven't, fear not!  For I am here to enlighten your puny minds.  The Colosseum is, in essence, a grand hurt 'n heal game.  For those who are unaware as to what this is, a hurt n' heal is a relatively straight forward game.  All those involved are alloted an amount of HP for the game.  Every day, you are allowed to attack one player and heal one player (never yourself though) in the game.  The last person standing is the winner.

Of course, I don't intend to leave to be something that simple.  Where would the fun be in that?  Every week, I will introduce a twist, such as not allowing players to attack the same person twice that week, and various others.  You will have to follow the rules of these twists or your attacks and heals do not count.

And if you are one of those unlucky peasants killed in battle, don't fret, for you can still take part in the game.  The dead may continue to attack and heal players, though they are no longer able to be attacked, nor can they win the game anymore.  But by being able to continue to attack, it forces the living to form some strategy.

~The Rules~

• You cannot attack or heal yourself.
  • You may only attack one person and heal one person per 24 hours.  If you attack and heal at 1AM on one day, you have to wait until 1AM rolls around again before you can attack and heal again.
  • Attacks and heals must have a specified target.  You cannot make attacks such as "Attack next poster"  or "Heal next person to heal me."
  • Only attacks on the living can be counted.  You cannot attack the dead.  You cannot attack people who are not currently enlisted in the game.
  • The dead may not attack the same person 2 days in a row.  This is again, to add some strategy to the game.
  • I have the final say on any disputes over any attacks/heals.  If you disagree, suck it up.
  • You must follow the rules of the twists introduced.  Failure to do so will result in your attack and heal for the day being completely negated.
To keep track of where you are in the game, each week I will update current HP levels.  So don't ask me during the middle of the week, since I won't know.  Nor will I disclose what the next twist will be.

Everyone will be starting out with 500HP.  Simple Hurt n' Heal rules will go for this week.  Next Sunday, I'll intorduce the first twist.

~Contestants~

StarWindWizard7 (484HP (-27))
    Ridley (494HP (-13))
    Silverhawk79 (458HP (-19))
    EvilSpud (594HP (±0))
    Lichig0 (494HP (±0))
    DOODLEboy99 (488HP (±0))
    Java_Java (518HP (+6))
    tibar21 (475HP (±0))
    Zovistograt (502HP (-19))
    Marth Xero (498HP (-2))
    Blaze (416HP (-53))
    MasterYoungLink (483HP (-21))
    'Matt' (431HP (-67))
    LightningSword (505HP (-1))
    sonicdude164 (485HP (±0))
    Shujinco (592HP (-8))

~Twist~
Twist is simple - Natural Numbers. You'll get the choice of using the natural numbers (1-10, we'll say). You can attack for double the value (1st would be 2 points of damage), or heal for the value of the post number (5 would be 5 points up). Only one or the other. YOU MUST LABEL YOUR POST AS TO WHAT NUMBER YOU ARE OR YOU WILL LOSE 25 POINTS. The eleventh post starts over as 1. Simple, eh?

I'd like to accredit my friend Clyde from Orbital for the concept of this (though he took from elsewhere too), who ran this for us there, and provided me with much of the format and gave me the idea for this.

~*Note*~

Friendly_Hostile has relinquished this thread. This will be handled by Mackormoses, please direct questions his way.

Friendly Hostile

Well, sign up period is now over, meaning the battle begins.  There will not be a twist the first week, so we'll only be using the basic rules.  A week from today, I'll issue the first twist.  Now go!

えっちーせんぱい

I'll beat up Doodle and Heal Zovi as my first turn :3

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Macawmoses

SkyMyl

Java

I'll attack Tibar and heal Xero.

Lohn Jocke

Eh? The sign ups say until 11:59 PM, not AM <_<

StarWindWizard7

I'm on good terms with just about everybody on the list...!
;_;
*Attacks `Matt`*
and *Heals Tibar*

Zovistograt

Attack Tibar and heal Blaziken.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

L10

0o!f

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: JudgementBoyGold on November 08, 2008, 06:21:38 PM
Eh? The sign ups say until 11:59 PM, not AM <_<
...poop, I thought it was Sunday.  Ah well, it doesn't matter.

britneymahboy

Alack, Alack! 'Tis a fine day when I can't join silly internet games. Thee, ye, hath, giveth... I'm bored.  I wanted to play. D:
NAMBLA

Ridley

Attack Tibar and heal Masteryounglink. ;)
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Silverhawk79

Why are we all attacking tibar?
I'll attack Java and heal Tibar.