Previous topic - Next topic

Which PS3 did you get and why?

0 (0%)
4 (36.4%)
3 (27.3%)
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

THEEVILSPERKY

Which PS3 did you get and why?  Voting in the poll should really only apply to those with a PS3 in case that wasn't obvious, but feel free to comment in your posts about the different versions or even vote for which one you'd opt for anyways. ^_^;

I got the 60 gig myself.  It has the second largest standard hard-drive, has built-in hardware for running older Sony games (80 has software emulation or something like that which isn't as good yes?) and has the most USB ports, tied with other versions.

I couldn't stand having anything smaller than a 60 gig drive and so few USB ports like that of a 20 or 40.  Backwards compatibility was important to me too and the 60 gave me the impression of having the upper-hand over the 80.  Each version of the PS3 seems to be unique in some form or another. @_@

If anyone's modded their system by replacing the hard-drive, share that and if what version the original PS3 was matters.  I'd still opt for the 60 if I was replacing the hard-drive.. I'm down to 20 gigs left on 60 gig.

If the systems stats don't matter much to you, feel free to comment on color or whatever else as the deciding factors if you don't have a strong opinion on versions.

Both my PSP and PS2 are silver and don't quite match my PS3.. though I don't think I'd want a silver PS3. >_>

Just trying to reach out to anyone and everyone visiting this board 'cause I visit regularly and it's sad seeing how little activity there is.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

ME86

I'll be getting a Ceramic White 40 Gig PlayStation 3 soon, unless an 80 Gig version of it comes out.

My PlayStation 2 is in working condition so it's all good.

THEEVILSPERKY

So color is the ultimate factor for you?  The white one does look pretty nifty, but I'd be flat out of hard-drive if I left the 40 in it... and I haven't bothered looking into how to replace that with a larger one.  If and when you get the white 40, would you be replacing the hard-drive?  I'm heavy on hi-def trailers and demo's.. which I'd prefer to keep.. and I have zero music and almost no photos and only one installed game (Devil May Cry 4).
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

ME86

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on May 20, 2008, 02:18:43 AM
So color is the ultimate factor for you?  The white one does look pretty nifty, but I'd be flat out of hard-drive if I left the 40 in it... and I haven't bothered looking into how to replace that with a larger one.  If and when you get the white 40, would you be replacing the hard-drive?  I'm heavy on hi-def trailers and demo's.. which I'd prefer to keep.. and I have zero music and almost no photos and only one installed game (Devil May Cry 4).

I'm not sure if I'd need to replace the HDD. But replacing it is a fairly easy task:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AuyQPW3bDS0

4me2kn0w

I got mine the day it came out so I got the 60 because it was the biggest at the time.

I am fine with the 60 but I think I would like the 80 a little bit more.  I am not intrested in the 40 or the 20.  I would really like to see a 120 come out.

I don't think I would want to mod out my PS3, there is just no reason why I would need to, I guess.

I got my PS2, PSP and my PS3 on launch day so they are black. (off subject) My Game Cube launch/black my DS launch/silver my DS Lite black and my Wii launch/white.  I like to buy things when they come out ;D so I don't get to pick the colors. :-\

BOSSNIG

If I did want one I would get the 60gb. I bought a 360 that should come in the mail tomorrow with the 20GB HDD, chances are I'll want to go out and buy the 120GB sometime later.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Neerb

I have the 8 MB version.  As in, a PS2 with a memory card.   ;D
I probably won't ever get a PS3 unless Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out on it, in which case I will have no choice but to buy it as soon as I can.  But if I did get one, I'd go as cheap as I can.

Flying Chickens

...80 Gigs. I like it.

Tupin

The 20 GB because it was the only one they had left.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Friendly Hostile

Got the 80GB since it came bundled with MGS4.

WiiGuy

just got a 80gb

i was going to get the MGS bundle but then trade in Metal gear solid for something else but they didn't have it.

CommanderFlint

40 doesn't play PS2 games and 20 is too small. Get 60 or 80.