News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Your ideas for a Paper Mario 4?

Started by thunderhero4, June 04, 2008, 09:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderhero4

Ive seen alot of really good ideas for a storyline and gameplay for a Paper Mario 4, give me your opinion.

Heres my idea:

Mario should go back to Toad town and the general mushroom kingdom again, Bowser is the main antagonist, and the turn based gameplay is back. It would be a direct sequel (SPM and PM:TYD are spinoffs) and would officially be called Paper Mario 2: The Shining Lights.

Instead of having to take a pipe or train to your next destination (like in SPM and PM:TYD) you would be able to walk there on foot again like the first, and a redesigned Toad Town would be the Main Hub again. The star spirits died and left behind "New Stars" that will help guide you through the game (not be your main collectibles like the spirits were). The main collectibles will be multicolored Orbs that give off light (as the name of the game suggests) and each is of a different element. Just like TYD, each one would give you a new special move corrispondant to that element (the fire orb would allow you to rain fire from above to attack, much to Star Storm's dismay)

Your partners would be normal again (no stupid pixls and whatever). This time your partners would be as diverse as a walking Pirhana Plant, a little Chain Chomp, and a Monty Mole. And there will be more partners as well, at least 2 per chapter. To add on to that, each chapter would last 3 times longer than the longest one ever made in a PM game. The chapters will be extended to 10 as well.

A new element, entitled Paper Qualities, is a new category in your attacks, and are very powerful, but have a deep cost. They involve Mario or his partners doing something that paper does to attack the enemies. For instance, Paper Cut is the first of these moves you learn (I will go over how to learn them in the next paragraph) , Mario sharpens himself and attacks ONE enemy by cutting them, doing 20 damege. But as a cost, you lose all of your FP. Another Paper Quality is called Saw Mill. A giant tree comes up from the ground and cuts into another Mario with half of your health. You may then attack twice as Mario until the copy is killed. The cost is half of your health.

To get these moves, there are 20 Oragami Gurus hidden in the land (you must locate these yourself). The first one you get as part of the story, but the rest you must find. You must defeat them in combat, and they teach you a move similar to their fighting style.

And lastly, Peach is kidnapped again, Luigi is back at the house again, and you will see all of your old partners (except the pixls) again in the story years after they journeyed with you. They have changed. Some for the better, some have turned sides, and so on. You will interact with each of them in their own way (fight them, have them fight alongside you for a battle, do a mini quest with them.) Also, the help center has been remade and now includes over 100 side quests, all of which you can quit whenever and last a long time.

This game will be for Wii using the Remote and Nunchuck.

What do you think? And post your own idea.

Tupin

Sounds pretty good.

I guess I would add more techniques to learn for use in battle, kind of mixing Mario RPG with Superstar Saga, meaning both you and your partner each have unique attacks as well as ones that you perform together.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 04, 2008, 09:54:08 PM
Sounds pretty good.

I guess I would add more techniques to learn for use in battle, kind of mixing Mario RPG with Superstar Saga, meaning both you and your partner each have unique attacks as well as ones that you perform together.
Thats a good idea too, but I some of the "Paper Quality" moves involve both mario and his current partner (one of them is different for each partner out.)

SkyMyl

Pretty good, and I like the Oragami concept. But The Thousand-Year Door wasn't exactly a Spin-off. Super Paper Mario was a full-out spin-off.

You want another Paper Mario game? Here's my idea that coud be made up pretty easily.

Paper Luigi!

Triforce_Luigi

I like it. Although, perhaps not too many partners... Maybe a typical goomba for Tattling, a podoboo for lighting dark areas and candles, a Piranha Plant for biting and cutting, a boo for turning invisible, a Monty Mole for digging, a Chain Chomp for charging forward to destroy blocks, an Albatoss to fly, a Mouser to give better jumps ,  blooper to swim, and some other partners I'm too lazy to think of...

Triforceman22

I want a redisigned Toad town too!

Paper mario 1 Ftw!

And have Bowser as the main villain too!

Screw Count Bleck and Grodus >:(

And have the Star Spirits return

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

thunderhero4

Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 06, 2008, 02:49:20 PM

Paper mario 1 Ftw!

Lol you pretty much just covered all that I said in a nutshell :) :P

Triforceman22

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 06, 2008, 09:04:40 PM

Paper mario 1 Ftw!

Lol you pretty much just covered all that I said in a nutshell :) :P

pretty much, yeah XD

but I would have all the first game's partners (plus a few new ones) to be in this game.

And have it use the GCN controller.

Also Battle system is like Thousand year door's. (Like Paper mario 1, but with a few tweaks)

And have Orchestrated music like Galaxy did.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

mario59

I agree with MYL Paper Luigi. WOOT!
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

JrDude

Paper Luigi game?

And if not then the next should have more PAPER qualities in it, and not dimension flipping qualities. Also Mario and Partner team attacks during battle scenes, kinda like Mario & Luigi games. Another cool thing would be if there was another partner who's color could differ due to what you do to get him/her and you could pick the name (like the Yoshi in PM:TTYD), OR the Yoshi could come back (older yoshi with hair ftw?), but has amnesia and you say the name you want :P.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Java

Quote from: JrDude on June 14, 2008, 02:47:10 PM
Paper Luigi game?
Hey, there was even a Toad kid in Petalburg that said he wanted a Paper Luigi game in TTYD.

makuta

Final Boss is Bowser.

TRUE Final Boss is Giga Bowser.

Hidden Boss is a dark version of Mario.
To be heard, speak up. To be seen, stand up. To be appreciated, shut up.

Daft Pink

I would like it if they made it like Paper Mario, the first one.

Cecil_and_Kain

Paper mario 1 Ftw!

Meh. Count Bleck was a bit more developed of a villain than Bowser.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cecil_and_Kain on July 12, 2008, 09:50:00 AM

Paper mario 1 Ftw!

Meh. Count Bleck was a bit more developed of a villain than Bowser.
Actually you're right, which is why they need to make him more cunning in the next Paper Mario