News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. 4?

Started by Rius, January 30, 2008, 12:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

Sakurai:
"Seriously though...what can I say? Personally, I don't like to make a distinction between those that have and those that haven't. I mean, we're only on the third title in the series and whether or not you've played a previous version is not that important."

Does this mean there will be another Smash Bros? I swear he just said otherwise last week, but whatever.

Sakurai:
"I felt that a large premise of the project was that this was not a series that would continue indefinitely. After all, it wasn't possible to keep on increasing the characters that are entitled to take the field in Smash Bros. And even if you try to utilize new familiar characters that resonate with the fans, you can't get each and every gamer to be happy. Just like its predecessor then, we decided to design the game as if it was the last one in the series."

I suppose knowing this isn't the ultimate Smash Bros. makes me feel better about the roster...

Well, your thoughts?

THEEVILSPERKY

Anything is possible.

Wouldn't it seem strange if Nintendo stopped making Mario, Zelda, DK, Pokemon, and all the rest?  Those franchises and more will continue as will the Smash games that celebrate them.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

StarWindWizard7

If there is going to be another SSB's he won't be in charge of it.

Him saying that they are only on the 3rd, is just him saying that..well..

he's just on the 3rd game...
0_o
and nothing else.

Sadly...

Rius

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on January 30, 2008, 12:29:39 AM
If there is going to be another SSB's he won't be in charge of it.

Him saying that they are only on the 3rd, is just him saying that..well..

he's just on the 3rd game...
0_o
and nothing else.

Sadly...
Lol, even if he was in charge of it, I don't think I could go through this again. >_>

Dei Enyt

Who knows?  In the long run, only time can tell what will happen.  I'd personally like another game and another chance for Sothe, but that's beyond my control.

The bit about the development team disbanding after the game was finished made my heart sink a little, to be honest. :(

Joeofmars

If there will be a new one, it will probably be for Nintendo's system AFTER Wii.

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Mutilator7

Quote from: Oren on January 30, 2008, 07:22:01 AM
Quote from: Joeofmars on January 30, 2008, 05:09:05 AM
If there will be a new one, it will probably be for Nintendo's system AFTER Wii.
your right.. and that could be a long time from now

This won't be discussed for a long time and many years before development, production, and release. The wii still is a very new system, i mean you still can't find them on store shelves often.

Oren

Quote from: Mutilator7 on January 30, 2008, 07:27:41 AM
Quote from: Oren on January 30, 2008, 07:22:01 AM
Quote from: Joeofmars on January 30, 2008, 05:09:05 AM
your right.. and that could be a long time from now

This won't be discussed for a long time and many years before development, production, and release. The wii still is a very new system, i mean you still can't find them on store shelves often.
if they do make one it will be like 6 years from now...

Jono2

it's already been leaked, you guys

it's called super star bros: landmaster

i know, it's not much different from this game, but still.

here's the roster

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Peppy
Slippy
Andross
Andross Real Form (still in landmaster)
Bill
Kat
General Pepper