News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Started by Neerb, May 31, 2012, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on April 16, 2013, 01:54:10 PM
Beat story mode (it's incredibly short).

The story isn't that great (hello Crisis on Two Earths..... AGAIN) but the acting is well done.

The gameplay flows rather well, and is far less stiff than Mortal Kombat, although personally I've never been a fan of the fighting engine in particular, I can at least enjoy this one.

Early character impressions -
Favorites: Shazam, Aquaman, Deathstroke
Dislike: Lex Luthor, Joker, and Green Arrow
HATE: Raven.... the force spamming ninny.

Also, character specific powers (Circle on PS3) are utterly useless... considering well over half of them are just temporary power ups. I still don't even know what the Joker's is supposed to be.

How are they utterly useless exactly? Over half of them aren't temp power ups either. You do realize the game has in depth move information for each character, right? If not, check it out.

Joker's in particular is a very useful parry that builds up to three times in the form of a "Ha!" gauge.

[spoiler]I play Raven and Green Lantern[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on April 16, 2013, 05:42:05 PM
How are they utterly useless exactly? Over half of them aren't temp power ups either. You do realize the game has in depth move information for each character, right? If not, check it out.

Joker's in particular is a very useful parry that builds up to three times in the form of a "Ha!" gauge.

[spoiler]I play Raven and Green Lantern[/spoiler]

As someone who's not very good at Mortal Kombat, a power boost doesn't really help me since I'm not good at comboing. <_<;;

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on April 16, 2013, 06:23:06 PM
As someone who's not very good at Mortal Kombat, a power boost doesn't really help me since I'm not good at comboing. <_<;;

Honestly, the game plays differently enough from Mortal Kombat to differentiate itself from the series.

Playing through the missions and looking over the move lists can help out with combos bro

Matt

I dig Injustice: Gods Amoung Us.

Overall gameplay is noticeably smoother in comparison to prior games by Netherealm Studios (Midway Games), I.E. Mortal Kombat and MK vs DC Universe.

The story mode was enjoyable, destructible environments/objects implemented nicely, super moves (LT/RT) aren't overly obnoxious, and has decent selection of characters.

It's a shame though that certain things are only available through special promotions, KOTH is only available for online play (Understandable as I can see why it isn't needed for offline), and the lack of random select when picking a map. Minor nit-pickings, but nothing more.

Out of all the characters I've made Nightwing and Aquaman my go to picks. In other news, Lobo was announced as the first DLC character which is pretty neat. In terms of DLC characters I'm hoping for another Titan like Static or Ravager later along the line.

Neerb

Just got the email with the code for my Arrow-themed Green Arrow skin for the PS3 version of the game.

I got the game for Wii U out of spite/support since all DLC for it is delayed at best and non-existent at worst.

Considering just giving the code to a random person on the internet; anyone here have a PS3 version who really wants the Arrow skin?

Zero

okay so i'm getting really good with the flash

man what a great character

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on April 20, 2013, 03:22:19 AM
okay so i'm getting really good with the flash

man what a great character

Geez, I suck with Flash.

And I suck at traditional fighters like this in general, so that's saying something.