News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Reviving or Reproducing

Started by The Riddler, March 19, 2012, 01:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

I think Nintendo could make a killing if they started a retro reproduction line.

What I mean is exactly how it sounds: Start reproducing games from NES, SNES, N64 on their original formats. I think people would absolutely eat this up. I'm sure the tech to remake those old games can't cost much at this point.

I'd intercourse ing love it if they re-released Earthbound so I could buy it at a decent price ;_;

--

The second part that goes with this is reproducing Japanese Games with English Translations. Enough fans have done these translations already, and Nintendo owns this poop so I'm sure they could just review and use them. I've been looking into buying reproductions from places like http://www.nesreproductions.com/ , owning an English version of Final Fantasy III for NES would be intercourse ing pro

Hero_of_Darkness

That's what they made VC for.

Also, nice dream with that second part.

Zero

Did you forget about the VC or something?

The Riddler

VC =/= Reproducing physical carts that we can use on our NES/SNES/N64

I'm intercourse ing certain people would buy every cartridge if they did this.

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on March 19, 2012, 10:41:29 AM

They would need to rerelease the physical consoles, then, as well as controllers, expansion packs, rumble packs, etc. There are certainly not enough people with working NES/SNES/N64s for the games alone to be worth Nintendo's time. And of course, if they DID rerelease said consoles, that would cause all kinds of problems: How much would it cost? What would happen to the Virtual Console? Would it be better to recreate exact replicas or use better technology, since they would have to actually make new consoles and cartridges since they don't just have a couple thousand in mint condition lying around? What would happen to Nintendo, and to retailers, if Nintendo actually tried to have 7 consoles/handhelds on the market simultaneously (they already have three and will soon get a fourth)?

This is just a silly nostalgic dream, frankly; Nintendo would never do this, as it would never be practical unless it was super expensive collectors editions you have to order off of the website, which still wouldn't be as practical as just putting stuff on VC (seriously, we still don't have games like Earthbound and DK64).

The Riddler

Of course they would never do it.

But it would sell, and they'd make money. I honestly can't imagine the tech to remake this stuff as costing much at this point, so I'd imagine profits would be high.

Kayo

I'd buy up all the old Pokemon Gameboy games that I don't have.

I only have Blue and Gold. So yeah, I'd jump at the chance to buy GB carts of Red, Yellow, and Silver.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: The Riddler on March 19, 2012, 10:41:29 AM

I'm intercourse ing certain people would buy every cartridge if they did this.
But they'd have to open up a new plant to make them, and the profit would be less than what they get from VC along with less sales. Frankly, it's a stupid idea. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but that's the best word to describe it.

Based on this and the Pokemon thread, I think you REALLY overestimate the power of nostalgia.

Quote from: The Riddler on March 19, 2012, 11:19:32 AM
Of course they would never do it.

But it would sell, and they'd make money. I honestly can't imagine the tech to remake this stuff as costing much at this point, so I'd imagine profits would be high.
Cartridges are a lot more expensive to produce than discs. That's a huge part of the reason why they aren't used anymore, as well as a major factor in the N64's lack of third-party support. The prices would be even higher than they were back then if they were produced in low volume. They'd end up selling the games for the same price as new games today, if not more.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 19, 2012, 01:01:32 PM
But they'd have to open up a new plant to make them, and the profit would be less than what they get from VC along with less sales. Frankly, it's a stupid idea. I'm sorry for being so blunt, but that's the best word to describe it.

Based on this and the Pokemon thread, I think you REALLY overestimate the power of nostalgia.
Well yeah there's no way in HELL it'll happen

But I can dream, can't I?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 19, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
But I can dream, can't I?

No, because you're talking about the old Pokemon games; only the new ones let you dream.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 19, 2012, 03:24:07 PM
No, because you're talking about the old Pokemon games; only the new ones let you dream.
But the Dream World has been a project of the Pokemon world since 2003

[move][/move]

Neerb

But you couldn't use it, so, like my previous post said, you couldn't use it.

RX-78-2

A cool idea, but honestly, I think you're only thinking about hardcore gamers (most of whom would be adults by now to be interested in your idea) and/or Nintendo fanboys. Sure, they would buy it, but (as Hero of Darkness said) I don't think it'd be practical to start up production of all the old consoles (or even just one), especially since most gamers' nostalgia is satisfied by the Virtual Console. I understand the nostalgic enjoyment of the physical aspect of gaming--I've probably played my N64 twice as much as my Wii in the last four months--, but like I said, most gamers are willing to do without it in favor of the ease of the Virtual Console. The only way I could see your idea working is some sort very limited edition re-release, but something of that sort would probably raise the price a lot.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************