News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

MySpace - What's the point of it?

Started by Doodle, May 27, 2008, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Unless your desperate and want to meet strange people to have weird online relationships (lol :P), then I don't really see any point in it.

It's basically like AIM. And pretty much everyone who has a MySpace at my school also has AIM. Just with fancy backgrounds and songs. And some of the idiots(like my bro :P) has it playing 3 songs at once(he might of fixed it by now), and black font with a black background, so you can barely see a thing. Most other people's profiles look nice, but it's still stupid. With AIM, it's instant. And if their not on, you can send them an Offline IM(all they gotta do is turn it on in settings). And instead of having to search through your friends, then go to their profile, and clicking send message or add comment, you can just double-click their s/n and IM them on AIM. Plus, no strange people asking to be your friends, or Tom, the Myspace creator who is your friend when you create your account! And if someone you don't know IMs you on AIM, it's usually someone you know and is messing with you, or someone who knows one of your friends and got your s/n.

I guess same goes for Facebook, too.

So, there's my rant produced out of boredom. :P
What do you guys think?
YEAH

えっちーせんぱい

I never understood the point of myspace. Its all one literal chatroom.

Riosan

I prefer Facebook over MySpace. No crappy layouts to look at like you asked, and most of the people I know have one.

Only problem is that people I know add like 400 stupid quiz apps, which makes the pages load really slowly and the pages are huge.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

not famy

Water ☮

I see what you did there.

erm what about this place?

L10

0o!f

Uniffles

I guess people go on MySpace/Facebook because it's a fad, or as I heard it's an efficient way to keep in contact with people (although I always thought email would be easier). But MySpace has been getting a bad reputation lately so people are referring to Facebook.

Facebook is a huge thing at my school. I try to avoid it since it's a complete drama fest. My school has to monitor the students Facebook accounts because of this drama.

Java

Quote from: Uniffles on May 27, 2008, 06:44:32 PM
I guess people go on MySpace/Facebook because it's a fad, or as I heard it's an efficient way to keep in contact with people (although I always thought email would be easier). But MySpace has been getting a bad reputation lately so people are referring to Facebook.

Facebook is a huge thing at my school. I try to avoid it since it's a complete drama fest. My school has to monitor the students Facebook accounts because of this drama.

olol.

I had to go to the Dean's Office about something that someone wrote on their "About Me" in their MySpace.

LinkXLR

For Girls: To act like a wannabe whore.

For Guys: To rape the wannabe whores.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

BOSSNIG

Quote from: LinkXLR on May 27, 2008, 06:52:06 PM
For Girls: To act like a wannabe whores.

For Guys: To act like whore girls

Fixed
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

THEEVILSPERKY

I use it to keep in touch with my friends, not meet new people.  Of course, here, you're meeting new people so whatever.  A fair amount of people may use myspace for other stuff.. but doesn't mean everyone does.

I've found some interesting threads in the forums, found some funny videos, connected with old friends I haven't talked to or seen in years, discovered new music, and more.

I dunno, I like it alright.

I guess people just jump on the bandwagon and hate it like some do and think it's cool to hate on it?  It's not all what people say it is... there's a lot more to it, at least for me.

Maybe it's just overhyped so people wind up disappointed and everyone just falls into hating it..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

extraz

I found myspace to be full of crap, thats the best way to describe it.

Facebook is sorta better

Kilroy

I just use IM, sad thing is, most people outside of my 5 really good friends use MySpace of IM.

Of course, they have IM, they just don't realize that they can actually multitask, or use something like Pidgin/Trillian and add your MySpace name to it via MySpace IM.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT