Halo 3

Started by Commander Awesome, September 24, 2007, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subach

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Subach on September 24, 2007, 01:10:45 PM
Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: Subach on September 24, 2007, 01:06:54 PM
Imma gonna play it on mah neighbor's 360 when 'tis the weekend.

I can't wait to fight some of the large scale battles I've seen.
That's one thing I didn't like about Halo 2:
It felt too closed in.

I must say, though, I kinda liked the Halo 2 campaign for the enhanced character AI, especally for the Marines, 'tis a little easier to save them when they can actually use cover.

Agreed.
Shit happens, but I usually saved most of my Marines in Halo CE.

I would much rather have a Halo 2 Marine watching my back, but I grew more attached the the Marines in Halo CE.

What's funny, is that Bungie originally had 'Super Marines' in Halo 3. In one playthrough, they got out of the warthog, and returned to see the Marines had gone on ahead. By the time they found them, the Marines were standing around the wreckage of a Scarab, celebrating. :O

eXo_Omni

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:08:45 PM
Quote from: eXo_Omni on September 24, 2007, 01:07:56 PM
Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:06:04 PM
Quote from: eXo_Omni on September 24, 2007, 01:04:45 PM
Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:03:19 PM
Quote from: eXo_Omni on September 24, 2007, 01:01:32 PM
I'm getting Halo 3 before I get a 360. :O
I already has a 360. :O
:O

I just need some more money... I'll be getting a nice paycheck next friday, so I'll buy one with that. Halo 3's gonna be alot harder to find than a 360, so I have no problem getting the game first, lol
Not really.
Bungie made a kajillion Regular Editions. The only versions that will be harder to find are Legendary and Limited.
Limited? You mean collectors edition?
I usually refer to it as Limited, yes.
Ah. Well in a town like mine, it's hard to find much of anything... I have a hookup though, so yeah.

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of Hell! Come forth...Divine Lightning! This ends now!
Omnigamer Productions

Subach

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:17:07 PM

It felt too closed in.

I must say, though, I kinda liked the Halo 2 campaign for the enhanced character AI, especally for the Marines, 'tis a little easier to save them when they can actually use cover.

Agreed.
Shit happens, but I usually saved most of my Marines in Halo CE.

I would much rather have a Halo 2 Marine watching my back, but I grew more attached the the Marines in Halo CE.

What's funny, is that Bungie originally had 'Super Marines' in Halo 3. In one playthrough, they got out of the warthog, and returned to see the Marines had gone on ahead. By the time they found them, the Marines were standing around the wreckage of a Scarab, celebrating. :O

Were these marines super smart, super powerful or both?

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Subach on September 24, 2007, 01:20:11 PM
Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:17:07 PM

It felt too closed in.

Agreed.
poop olol happens, but I usually saved most of my Marines in Halo CE.

Were these marines super smart, super powerful or both?
Probably both.
They've been toned down for the retail release, but they're still smarter than the average Halo 2 Marine.

eXo_Omni

As long as they still have the Sarge AKA God, I'll be good. Unlimited ammo and he can't die. That's all I need, lol.

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of Hell! Come forth...Divine Lightning! This ends now!
Omnigamer Productions

OmegaPapyrus

I don't have a 360 :'(

Well, I have off of school on Wed, so i'll probably go over my friends house and play it then. So......yep! ;D

Commander Awesome

Quote from: eXo_Omni on September 24, 2007, 01:26:33 PM
As long as they still have the Sarge AKA God, I'll be good. Unlimited ammo and he can't die. That's all I need, lol.
It would take a combined effort of Chuck Norris, Pirates, and Ninjas to rival Sgt. A. J. Johnson's level of cool.

eXo_Omni

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:28:59 PM
It would take a combined effort of Chuck Norris, Pirates, and Ninjas to rival Sgt. A. J. Johnson's level of cool.
I don't even think that's enough.

Omnigamer Productions

phatyo

I can't wait ! AHHH I WANT IT KNOW !

Subach

Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:23:11 PM

Probably both.
They've been toned down for the retail release, but they're still smarter than the average Halo 2 Marine.
[/quote]

How so?

Anyhoo, has there been any explanation why the grunties now are fight more tactically, or is it just so, like every other AI improvement in Halo?

Subach

Well, The Sarge and Arby are in this game.

The combined awesomeness of Sarge, Arby and MC is could give the Covenant war machine quite the black eye by itself

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Subach on September 24, 2007, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: Zeldafan556 on September 24, 2007, 01:23:11 PM

Probably both.

How so?

Anyhoo, has there been any explanation why the grunties now are fight more tactically, or is it just so, like every other AI improvement in Halo?
[/quote]Supposedly, anyway.

Grunts are, apparently, using tactics other than bury the ground with their pitiful bodies. Brutes are using them to distract you and flank you.
I'm sure it's part of the general improvement.

Generalq

I had been ignoring this game for quite some time because, a) I don't have a 360, b) I don't have the money for a 360, and c) I know someone else with a 360.

However, this final ad campaign they've run with the whole diorama of the New Mombasa battlefield pulled on the old heartstrings. I went to their website and did the digital "tour" (read: Advertisement), and the music and scenes and the whole setup was kind of emotional. I really felt like I was at a war museum.

I'm a bit crazy, but still, you have to admit that this was a stroke of genius on their part.

I really want to at least beat the campaign mode, now.

Commander Awesome

Quote from: Generalq on September 24, 2007, 01:44:58 PM
I had been ignoring this game for quite some time because, a) I don't have a 360, b) I don't have the money for a 360, and c) I know someone else with a 360.

However, this final ad campaign they've run with the whole diorama of the New Mombasa battlefield pulled on the old heartstrings. I went to their website and did the digital "tour" (read: Advertisement), and the music and scenes and the whole setup was kind of emotional. I really felt like I was at a war museum.

I'm a bit crazy, but still, you have to admit that this was a stroke of genius on their part.

I really want to at least beat the campaign mode, now.
I have high hopes for Campaign as well.
Hopefully it's more like Halo CE than Halo 2. Reviews have mixed opinions about the ending, some say it was pure brilliance while others say it's a jumbled mess.