News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Best game of them all? An Ocarina of Time review

Started by Triforceman22, December 28, 2007, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

Hello everyone!
I shall be doing a review on possibly the best game of all time.
But is it really the best? well, that's why your reading this. :P

okay, here we go!

Game: The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Console: Nintendo 64
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo

Designers: Shigeru Miyamoto (producer)
Eiji Aonuma (director)

Release: November 21, 1998

Cover:

Storyline: The storyline for Ocarina of time is absolutley great. It just comes together so perfectley. There are two points in the game where the main plot changes. First you need to collect the three spiritual stones, and in the other part, you must awaken five sages so they can give you the power to defeat the king of evil, Ganondorf.

Once the plot changes, you go forward in time 7 years, and you are an adult. By this time, Ganondorf has taken over the world. and you need to stop him.

There are parts where you almost want to cry. Like at the end. Youv'e come along way. And finally the battle for peace is over. But you just want it to keep going. Like you want one more temple to conquoer afterwards.

Overall the story line is awesome! possibly the best....

Score: 5/5

Gameplay/Controls:the gameplay is just so addictive! Once Link grabs ahold of a sword, enimies better say thier prayers. You swing your sword by pressing the b button.
You can also do combo's buy tilting the control stick diffrent ways.

you also can ride your horse, Epona to get to destinations quicker. The mechanics for the horse are very fun to use. especially with the bow and arrows.

the gameplay doesn't stray from previous Zelda games. It's pretty much the same.
You do a certain task, you find a way into a temple, beat the temple and repeat.
But the formula for it still holds strong, even to this day.

Also you use items you get during your quest with the four c-buttons.
You pick items from your start menu.
oh, I almost forgot. You can also equip certain things like boots, or sheilds and such.
In a way, you can customize your Link!

Overall, the gameplay/controls are pretty cool. you will be addicted to them, let me assure you. ;)

Graphics/level design:Now, Ocarina of time's graphics are old, so i'm going to review them on how they looked in 1998.

When it came out, OoT's graphics were the best of it's time. With great cutscenes, and battles, it will truly go down in history.  When you are escaping from ganon's tower, i thought the graphics were at it's best, with all the falling debris and such.

The level design is also top-notch. Especially for hyrule field. It was the first level in a game where i could really free roam. Instead of going through levels and such. It's like one big level to me.
Also places like death mountain, Kokiri forest, lake hylia, etc. were also done well.

Overall, the level design and graphics were pretty good for it's time.

Music:the music in this game is possibly the best music ever.
done by the god of music, Koji kondo, the musical score will go down in video gaming history.

One of my favourite songs was the final battle music. It sounded extremely epic. And got your blood pumping for fighting ganon. the hyrule feild music is also very catchy. I guaruntee that you have hummed it at least once.

Overall, the music is perfect. Nuff said.

Difficulty: now I know some of you will hate me for this, but please try to understand as i explain it through.

The difficulty is actualy really easy. Compared to it's predeccors.
There are little to none enimies found in the over world map. nd most temples were extremeley easy. (except Water temple. That was hard.)

Although it is a tad easy, it's not the easiest Zelda game out there.
(Twilight princess)

Overall, the easyness welcomes new comers to the series, but for veterans it's a little too easy.

Score: 4.5/5

replay value: after you defeat ganondorf, you have plenty of things to do.
Like collecting items that aren't found in stores, and temples. extra equipment like the golden scale and quiver upgrades.

The most popular one is possibly the biggoron's sword quest. This has you racing around hyrule in a certain amount of time, trading items with certain citizens. But the reward is worth it.
The Biggoron's sword is two times stronger than the master sword, and is a major help in boss battles.

overall, there is a ton of things to do after your heroic quest. It will keep you busy.

Overall feel: this is probably the best game ever, and i don't think any game will out match it.

Scores:

Storyline: 5/5
Gameplay/controls: 5/5
Graphics/level design: 5/5
Music: 5/5
Difficulty: 4.5/5
Replay Value: 5/5

TOTAL SCORE: 4.9999999999999999/5

This is the best game ever, and if you havn't played it, you shouldn't call yourself a gamer.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Triforce_Luigi

Never played it. Too lazy to download it on VC. Have a used Master Quest and played it all of once. I can't say much about this because I've never gone that far.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on December 28, 2007, 08:34:09 PM
Never played it. Too lazy to download it on VC. Have a used Master Quest and played it all of once. I can't say much about this because I've never gone that far.

YOUV'E NEVER BEATEN OoT?!
YOU CAN"T CALL YOURSELF A GAMER THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 28, 2007, 11:33:40 PM

I never played the original or VC version.  I have Master Quest, but it was used and it keeps freezing up whenever I go to a different area.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on December 29, 2007, 07:32:38 AM

I never played the original or VC version.  I have Master Quest, but it was used and it keeps freezing up whenever I go to a different area.

you have an N64?
Go to a used gameshop, pick up OoT, and whenyou get home, erase all the used data. ;)

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 29, 2007, 09:02:55 AM

you have an N64?
Go to a used gameshop, pick up OoT, and whenyou get home, erase all the used data. ;)

Did so just now and played it. Just beat the Queen Gohma. And you're right. 'Tis awesome!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on December 29, 2007, 09:57:27 AM

you have an N64?

Did so just now and played it. Just beat the Queen Gohma. And you're right. 'Tis awesome!

that's good.

But the best is yet to come. ;)

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 29, 2007, 10:36:58 AM

you have an N64?

that's good.

The second boss is King Dodongo, right?

Triforceman22

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on December 29, 2007, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 29, 2007, 10:36:58 AM

you have an N64?

that's good.

The second boss is King Dodongo, right?

Yep.
He's easy...

Zora Link

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Zora Link on December 29, 2007, 01:41:40 PM
I've played it...but I haven't beaten it yet...:P

Ahem... *coughcough*.... To quote TripleTriangleMan22, YOU CAN'T CALL YOURSSELF A GAMER!

Light

I played it, and beat it. It rocked! I can't believe a lot of people thought Morpha was hard. I beat it in like, 2 or 3 tries. But it is a great game! ;D I thought the hardest part was the Shadow Temple, actually.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

I beat it a while back. I'm replaying it now, and I'm stuck on the Water Temple... again XD. The Water Temple has always been the hardest for me >.> Anyway, I think you should have docked more points for the easiness, because it really is easy. I'd give the easiness a 3/5, which is still more then half.

Triforceman22

Quote from: LightningSword on December 29, 2007, 04:30:28 PM
I played it, and beat it. It rocked! I can't believe a lot of people thought Morpha was hard. I beat it in like, 2 or 3 tries. But it is a great game! ;D I thought the hardest part was the Shadow Temple, actually.

really, I thought the shadow temple was easy.
the water temple is what got me. >.>

Allegretto

This is the best video game in the world, its the 1st one iv ever owned and iv beaten the game well over 100 times i dont think there's anyone who knows more about this particular game than i do ???? ????