News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Flinstones Turns 50

Started by Nayrman, October 01, 2010, 07:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

That's right young'uns, the Flinstones turned 50 years old yesterday. The first prime time animated series that appealed to both kids and adults is fifty years old. My dad used to watch this all the time when he was a kid. While the Hannah-Barbera animation was not much to really take home on (it was tv in 1960, nothing looked good), the Flinstones were well ahead of their time. Having animated characters do otherwise normal conversations (while smoking no less) and being the first instance of a couple shown lying in bed together while sleeping (Fred and Wilma, before any "more adult" live action show did!).

So bravo you old farts, you've lasted this long, and frankly I'd still rather watch you than other cartoons today.

Neerb

That was a great show. It really felt like a normal adult sitcom; it even had a laugh track, something that was used for good until House of Payne, Nick, and Disney Channel got a hold of it. I remember when good, old shows came on CN, and when I had Boomerang. Good times.

I loved the Jetsons crossover, too, although I don't really like the Jetson by themselves.