News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

What do you think about Cloverfied Monster's filming technique?

Started by gabrielgreen, February 02, 2008, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabrielgreen

I think it would be better if they would film it normally.

Cecil_and_Kain

Gives it a more realistic feel. Having the camera sit still makes the monster look REALLY fake and boring.
On another note.
BLARGHGHGH

Umbrion

No.
They did the same thing with Children of Men [which would have been better it they didn't do so,because it made me dizzy]

Wexx

For the way the plot of the movie was set up (as a military evidence tape they found in central park after the attack) it worked fantastically. 

Now, if it had been a really heavily scripted movie, the freehand camera approach would have been terrible.   

fredrickthethird

Quote from: Wexx on February 13, 2008, 03:08:16 PM
For the way the plot of the movie was set up (as a military evidence tape they found in central park after the attack) it worked fantastically. 

Now, if it had been a really heavily scripted movie, the freehand camera approach would have been terrible.   
I agree

Zovistograt

For movies where the realistic factor and general mayhem are so high that they need to be conveyed in the most effective manner, I say the home video technique is great.  For anything else, there's Mastercard regular professional filming.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Wexx

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 23, 2008, 10:19:05 PM
For movies where the realistic factor and general mayhem are so high that they need to be conveyed in the most effective manner, I say the home video technique is great.  For anything else, there's Mastercard regular professional filming.
I see what you did there!   :robottongue: