ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

12/14/10 Black Ops Patch

Started by Matt, December 14, 2010, 08:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: Treyarch
Issues Addressed:
•   Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
•   Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
•   Addressed issue that prevented the "Load MP by Default" option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
•   Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
•   Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
•   Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
•   Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
•   Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
•   Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
•   Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
•   Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
•   Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
•   Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
•   Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
•   Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
•   Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
•   Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
•   Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
•   Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
•   Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Hooray I can quickscope again. I've tested it out and unlike MW2 you have to be very precise on your shots, you can't shoot 5ft above their head and hit. Knife Lunge reduction is great, no more 10ft lunges. The increased sound cues for ninja work like a charm, oh and sound whoring is back. The hardline abuse is fixed which is great. Haven't played enough to notice the spawning adjustments, but at least Treyarch works on fixing the spawning problems. Same goes for the lag in the rooms I get put in, haven't really noticed yet. Only thing I don't understand is why they nerfed the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner... personally I felt they were already fairly easy to take down. Valkyrie Rockets were hard to control as it was.

And so, the floor is all yours NSFCD.

BOREDFOREVER

It's nice to see some tweaking on spawns.

Matt

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on December 14, 2010, 11:46:21 AM
It's nice to see some tweaking on spawns.

After further playing, spawning is quite a bit better. I have yet to run into someone spawning near me, directly outside of the their neutral spawn area.

All in all, at least Treyarch is attempting to follow through with what people want to have happen. InfinityWard just decided to fix the big glitches such as the Javelin+Semtex combination and the Care packages glitches. Despite the fact that Activision treated the InfinityWard team like poop, I don't blame them.

Magnum

Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

I'll be playing a lot more Halo Reach now, kthnx

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Matt

Quote from: Magnum on December 14, 2010, 04:03:32 PM
Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

I'll be playing a lot more Halo Reach now, kthnx

I lol'd considering you suck at Halo compared to Call of Duty.

Magnum

Quote from: Matt on December 14, 2010, 04:37:09 PM
I lol'd considering you suck at Halo compared to Call of Duty.
It's just like MW2 Care Package running. I loved it. And once again, people complain WAY too much. Spawning is always a good thing to fix, and so is connection, but leave gameplay alone unless it's game breaking.

Matt

Quote from: Magnum on December 14, 2010, 04:41:22 PM
It's just like MW2 Care Package running. I loved it. And once again, people complain WAY too much. Spawning is always a good thing to fix, and so is connection, but leave gameplay alone unless it's game breaking.

Oh yeah, cause people getting either a Chopper Gunner, Dogs, or Gunship at least once per set of air drops didn't ruin a match.

Doodle

Quote from: Matt on December 14, 2010, 05:27:27 PM
Oh yeah, cause people getting either a Chopper Gunner, Dogs, or Gunship at least once per set of air drops didn't ruin a match.
Why the hell would anyone not want that fixed
YEAH

Matt

Quote from: Doodle on December 16, 2010, 10:09:04 AM
Why the hell would anyone not want that fixed

Apparently, Magnum didn't want that to be fixed.

[spoiler]Only way he gets kills, LOL.[spoiler]

Magnum

Quote from: Matt on December 16, 2010, 06:55:53 PM
Apparently, Magnum didn't want that to be fixed.

[spoiler]Only way he gets kills, LOL.[spoiler]
I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you from my backpack.

The Riddler

If I'm reading correctly, they didn't nerf Valkyries/Gunships/Choppers, they improved them. With Valkyries, if you get shot as your launching it (happens most often when a chopper gunner/gunship is in the sky and you're  trying to use your Valkyrie to take it out) it blows up in your face. This prevents it from blowing up in your face. Similarly, the chopper/gunship can be shot down before they even reach the map. I think that's what they fixed.

BOREDFOREVER

QuoteAdded a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

I think this is what some people would see as nerfing.  I like it though; it gives you a little bit more time after spawning before your arrow appears to the killstreak.  Cuts down on spawn kills.

Matt

Quote from: Sin Jecht on December 20, 2010, 02:09:54 AM
I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you from my backpack.

Pfft, you backpacking.