News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

So, I learned something new today...

Started by Kayo, January 30, 2010, 07:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

"Non-alcoholic beer" is NOT really non-alcoholic, and you still need to be 21 to order it in a restaurant.

I DIDNT KNOW DIS.

Discuss.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

BOREDFOREVER

Non-alcoholic beer usually contains less than .5% alcohol, not enough to do anything.  It's really only good for diabetics and other people  that have to seriously cut back or stop drinking alcohol but can't live without the taste.  If I ever saw someone under 21 trying to get it, I would have to fight the temptation to punch them in the face.  Most non-alcoholic beer is like Busch N/A.  Regular Busch doesn't even taste that great, why would you drink it if your not going to get a buzz?  You like watered down crappy beer?

Kayo

I always thought it was all the flavor of the beer, but in a non-alcoholic form so minors could have it. Now that I see you have to be 21 anyway, i find no point in the drink at all. In my opinion, I think if it doesn't have the alcohol, you don't have to be 21. It's like having a Margarita with ginger ale instead of tequila. Different, but legal as far as I know. There should be a way for minors to at lease experience the flavors of these drinks without 'possibility of liver damage', and all that other poop they say will happen if you drink under 21. Fweh.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

Quote from: K on January 30, 2010, 09:13:05 PM
I always thought it was all the flavor of the beer, but in a non-alcoholic form so minors could have it. Now that I see you have to be 21 anyway, i find no point in the drink at all. In my opinion, I think if it doesn't have the alcohol, you don't have to be 21. It's like having a Margarita with ginger ale instead of tequila. Different, but legal as far as I know. There should be a way for minors to at lease experience the flavors of these drinks without 'possibility of liver damage', and all that other poop they say will happen if you drink under 21. Fweh.
You can. It's called a 'virgin' drink. I've gotten Virgin Margaritas and other drinks like it at bars and they've allowed me to purchase it. I really doubt there is any sort of virgin beer, but if you want a virgin fruity drink, they have it.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kayo

Quote from: KJ on February 01, 2010, 01:48:05 PM
You can. It's called a 'virgin' drink. I've gotten Virgin Margaritas and other drinks like it at bars and they've allowed me to purchase it. I really doubt there is any sort of virgin beer, but if you want a virgin fruity drink, they have it.
lol, virginbeer.

i would like a "virgin margarita". think ill make one some day. my parents have all the stuff. :P

but restaurants/bars around me dont do that :(
[move][/move]