News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The New NSFCD Werewolf - SIGN UPS - MINIMUM REACHED, LOOKING FOR ONE MORE

Started by The Riddler, October 26, 2009, 10:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

The year is 1692. The Village of Melas was usually peaceful, albeit quiet. Recently though, citizens of the village began to die in seemingly random accidents and mysterious suicides. A man was found dead in his home, crushed by a falling support beam. A housewife apparently stabbed herself in the stomach with her kitchen knife, but noone could fathom a reason why.
One terrified villager suggested that Witches were inhabiting their community, and were causing these accidents. That same villager was later accused of being a witch herself, and the Mayor, Robert Riddle, decided she should be burned at the stake.

Although they didn't yet know it, the first "trial" was a failure. Their second trial, however, proved to be more successful. As a second villager burned, her skin color became green and her face began to deform. This was the true form of a Witch. Later on, a frightened villager shot a man, thinking he was a Witch as well. As he died, his body went through the same transformation.

To make matters worse, every night another person was found dead, brutally eaten or torn apart by some kind of animal. The village animal tamer searched for whatever it may have been, but to no avail.

Weeks passed, and the death count grew. You would think the villagers would run away, but it was their home, and they refused to leave. They designed a voting system. If a majority of the town agreed that a person may be a Witch, or any kind of malevolent force, they would be burned at the stake.

"You're all making a mistake! MY THREE* SISTERS WILL FINISH YOU ALL." The woman screamed in agony as the Mayor lit the fire.
"You and your kind are a plague to our village! May you burn in hell!" The people of the village of Melas watched as a woman, bound to a stake, was burned alive. As she burned, her skin changed green and her eyes went black; her face deformed into that of a monster.
After so many failed trials since their last success, the villagers were relieved to see they killed an actual witch. A little time passed, and the witch had burned completely to ashes. Mayor Riddle spit into the pile of soot.

The population was too low. A Nightwatch was enlisted to attempt to protect villagers as they slept. If the village was to survive and repopulate, they would need to work together to eradicate the Witches. The Mayor knew his child was at risk, so he gave him immunity. He gave the Judge a second vote every trial, thinking that he had good judgment. The other villagers just tried to watch their own backs.

*Number subject to change when game starts.

FIRST AND FOREMOST: Don't mind my story telling. I know I'm not the best, but I get the job done.

Post if you'd like to take part. Here's the lowdown.

There are 12 players minimum. Three or four of them are Witches, the rest are townsfolk, some with hidden abilities. The witches know who each other are but the townsfolk don't know who anyone is.

Each round will consist of two phases. Night and Day.

In the Night phase:
Witches will deliberate and choose one person to kill.
Anyone with a special ability can choose to use it.

In the day phase:
We will find out who was killed.
Everyone will vote one a person that they think should be killed off.

RULES:

* AT NO TIME MAY A PLAYER QUOTE ANYTHING SAID IN A PM BY ANY PLAYER OR THE GAMEMASTER, EVEN IF IT IS FAKE. This will cause an immediate ejection from the game.
* A majority must agree on a person to be burning, or there will be no burning.
* Witches and others with abilities must kill or use their abilities within the night phase or must wait until the next night.
* Do not post during the night phase. You are sleeping.
* Deliberate via PMs.
* Once dead, no talking in this thread. Anything you may want to say must be said before you are dead. An afterlife thread will be made.
* Have fun. Remember this is a game of deception for the killers, and a game of survival for the townsfolk.

Winning:
* The Witches win if they outnumber the townsfolk.
* The townsfolk win if they outnumber the Witches.
* The Werewolf wins if s/he is the last one left or is wins alongside the townsfolk.

Players:
-SkyMyl
-Dog Food
-Magnum
-Doodle
-So_So_Man
-PokemasterJ
-Matt
-Light
-Jrdude
-Silverhawk79
-Tsumaru
-Nintendoman74
HOPING FOR AT LEAST FOUR MORE:
-Rayquarian
-Sment Backson
-Jatoskep
-

Roles will be sent out when this list is full and I'm sure no one else will join.

Terminology:
Night: When Witches kill, when specials use their abilities, and when others are at rest.
Day: When it is revealed who was killed and when those who are suspicious are burned at the stake.
Burning: Killing of another player, usually due to suspicion. A bad guy isn't always killed. Done every day phase.
Judge: Gets two burning votes.
Mayor's child: Immune to burnings.
Werewolf: Kills at night on his own. Can be tamed into normal townsfolk.
Animal tamer: Each night can look for Werewolf. If found, tames him.
Nightwatch: At night, chooses one person to protect from kills.

There are other roles that will not be revealed unless a player is killed.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, otherwise post to sign up!

SkyMyl

Dog Food

I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Doodle

I haven't played in a while, I guess I'll play.
YEAH

So_So_Man

I will play (now to hope i dont get hit by craploads of homework)

jnfs2014

I'l joi-

Oh wait, I have to finish mine. :P

I'll still play.

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

JrDude

Heeeeeeeeeey, you forgetted to mention that it was my idea for Salem Witch Trials and that the deaths would be "accidents"...

Anyway, I'll join.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Silverhawk79

Tsumaru

NiMa74

The Riddler

Rayquarian