OU-Overused
BL-Borderline
UU-Underused
NU-Neverused
NFE-Not Fully Evolved

Smogon'll tell you more.

Kayo

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 16, 2009, 09:13:53 PM
Just for clarification, what's "UO" and "UU"? I don't play online or anything.

Anyway, I don't really mind ubers. I don't like facing them though. It just gets old after a while. I don't really like using training them either. It takes a long time and I still haven't EV trained my "perfect team" yet. I guess they are cheap, but a good trainer will either have some of his/her own or know how to effectively counter them.
Yeah I don't bother to train most Ubers, because I won't be allowed to use them competitively (or even in the battle tower). Since what I'm doing is fair, I expect others to do the same. But, nope.

Im worried whether to put an Uber in my team or not before I battle someone, because, If they use one and I don't, I have a disadvantage and may lose. But, if they don't use one and I do, they DC and call me a cheater =\
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Quote from: KAOS on August 17, 2009, 09:00:35 AM
Yeah I don't bother to train most Ubers, because I won't be allowed to use them competitively (or even in the battle tower). Since what I'm doing is fair, I expect others to do the same. But, nope.

Im worried whether to put an Uber in my team or not before I battle someone, because, If they use one and I don't, I have a disadvantage and may lose. But, if they don't use one and I do, they DC and call me a cheater =\

So is it kind of an unwritten rule to not use ubers (most if not all legendaries are ubers, right?) in online Wi-Fi battles? I can see where this would be a problem. Once I train my "perfect team" (the details of which I cannot reveal) I'll probably try it out online. However, I'm pretty sure it has like, 3 ubers. :(

Personally, I think a lot of stat revisions need to be made in many Pok?mon. Get ready for a thread on this.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

jnfs2014

Garchomp is allowed at the Battle Tower.

Kayo

I am a Garchomp hater. Theyre allowed everywhere, and they should be classified as Uber, yes they appear in those high battle tower levels just to piss me off. every time.

And I dont know the entire list of Ubers, but i know Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Salamence, Metagross, Shedinja, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Deoxys (all but speed), Arceus, and Wobuffett are all Uber. I think I missed some though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Kayo

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 18, 2009, 09:42:44 AM
Deoxys-S is Uber. :P
Since when? That wi-fi bastard scammed me. >:( I wouldve beaten him too. jerk.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Base Stats
HP: 50
Attack: 95
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 180

Kayo

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 18, 2009, 12:32:38 PM
Base Stats
HP: 50
Attack: 95
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 180
since when does uber-ness depend on base stats? In this case, Deoxys is like a souped-up Ninjask, but its still cheap. I can see how it wouldn't be uer though. This is rediculous
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

1. It outspeeds everything.

2. It has dual-sweeper qualities.

3. It has kickass defenses.

4. It could buttrape Ninjask anyday.

Kayo

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 18, 2009, 12:46:54 PM
1. It outspeeds everything.

2. It has dual-sweeper qualities.

3. It has kickass defenses.

4. It could buttrape Ninjask anyday.
1. True, except you forgot about Agility and chioce scarf =P

2. Yes, I recently discovered that my shiny hasty-natured deoxys-S (which i trained as a physical attacker/sweeper) actually has 31 Sp. Atk IVs. time to re-train -_-

3. not totally.

4. thats only because ninjask is a wimp when it comes to defenses and deoxys has an advantage due to it movepool
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Still....Deoxys-S shouldn't be in OU tier. It sets up Stealth Rock easily, and, if the opponent uses agility, it uses Taunt/Spikes. It sets up extremely fast, and can still hit hard. Add in Focus Sash, and you have a setup machine.

Kayo

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 18, 2009, 01:01:14 PM
Still....Deoxys-S shouldn't be in OU tier. It sets up Stealth Rock easily, and, if the opponent uses agility, it uses Taunt/Spikes. It sets up extremely fast, and can still hit hard. Add in Focus Sash, and you have a setup machine.
Im not arguing, I still think it should be Uber.

And I HATE STEALTH ROCK. all the teams these days have to be built around that move. So, basically. No one can use so-and-so cuz of stealth rock.

If I could do away with one move in the entire game, it would be stealth rock. Spikes was good enough. >=(
[move][/move]

SwampertGirl

Some, not all.

Like Lugia isn't cheap. Just a wall. But Palkia/Manaphy and Kyogre together... Oh shi-

Drezford_the_Rebell

I once ran into a garchomp whilst unprepared.

It RAPED me.