News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Want Midna Back? UPDATE!

Started by Yitik, September 23, 2007, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yitik

You didn't really think I could start up here, on a Nintendo forum, without bringing this up, did you? ;)

This thread is for anyone wanting to discuss the character of Midna, the Twilight Princess herself, especially a return to the LoZ series.  Talk about storyline possibilities, character roles, endings, beginnings, foreshadowings...anything Midna-related.  This is a broad topic, but if things end up like the last TP forum did without something like this there will probably be about seven front-page topics relating to Midna, and that's just senseless clutter.  There needs to be a place for her fans to gather on NSider!

So come, chat.  Discover just how many people there are out there, and here, who found themselves affected by Midna, and discuss both the past and future for this highly developed character.  See you later!

NOTE: In the past, this thread has dissolved into spamming and flaming.  While none others but the first rendition have succumbed to this, I feel it necessary to outline a couple details just to ensure that this thread is here to stay, and all its participants can enjoy it at their leisure.

1) Please, stay on topic.  No shampoo, no Justin Timberlake, no family portraits...all threads, of course, have the potential for spam, but since this has a history of being a rather large one you must be extra-careful, otherwise you'll come on one day and it'll be off your float list.

2) UNSUPPORTERS: If you don't like Midna, and aren't willing to support her and are contemplating trolling everyone who posts here...please, don't.  Just don't.  There's no point, you're just aggravating people.  If you think we're obsessed, fine.  Think that.  Some are, some aren't; I don't consider myself to be obsessed, this is just my home and in my home I like to have things I enjoy and know others to enjoy as well.  Note to positive posters: if someone does jump on and start spamming/flaming, just ignore them.  Makes things easy for you, me, and the moderators.

UPDATE! I should have told you this a long time ago, but I've been busy ;) .  WMB now has its own website and forum, and is still going strong.  The Mass Email is still active, but we've moved on to other things as well, including a YouTube video containing spoken responses of some of the most unique and touching responses given by Midna fans such as yourself, Twilight's Gift which is a compilation based on (and hopefully exceeding) Starmen.Net's PK Siege, and we even now have full downloadable cutscenes hosted on the site itself.

So...this thread I suppose will remain if anyone wants to talk about Midna, how to get her back, or simply wax poetic about your fandom...we'll keep watching.  But if you really want to contribute in a meaningful way, or are interested in the WMB Movement, check out WantMidnaBack.Com .

Thanks for your support; hopefully you're inspired by how far WMB has come even just in the last couple months because of people like you, and you'll continue to show an undying interest in influencing the future of LoZ for the better.  See you later.

Halfthefun

My views havent changed Yitik... I still think Midna should come back in a sequel, my sister agrees too :O

CoolFiddler

This email won't work.

Based on a quote Midna said in the game, she will NOT return! And the email won't persuade Nintendo. SPOILERS ARE RIGHT BELOW!!!!

After Midna breaking the mirror in the end of the game, she will not return. If there will be any sequel, Midna won't be in it.
Don't bother me! I'm on official Sith business.:D

Retronerd

Don't get me wrong I like Midna, its just I don't want to see her in another game. At first I wanted her to be in another game but then when I thought about it I decided it was better that she stays in the Twilight Realm.

Twilight Princess Spoilers

She broke the mirror. The only way we could see her again is if Link finds another way into the Twilight realm. That means it will be another twilight game. Then there's the possibility of Link being a wolf again. Then they'll have to make up a stupid story line to make a way for Link to go into it. That'll need a really good story to get me to believe that Midna can come back. Not like: Link finds that there is another Mirror Chamber.

I want to see something different. A new feature. Maybe, Link flying all something. If we had Midna again what new tricks would she have? It's just she seemed better for Twilight Princess only.

Midna's ending fit perfectly, IMO. That was a great way to end her story. The whole game was her story. Now I want to experience another part of Link's journey. Another new characters story.

So I don't want Midna back. And don't flame me because this is just my opinion. Don't get your hopes up that's she's returning cause it probably want happen. But you can still prove me wrong.

Seems all the Midna fans have disappeared. Maybe I just think this way because Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I have. And I want something totally new don't a Twilight Princess 2

~~~ Retro ````

Matrix4Yeshua

I loved Midna, although she was aggravating at first. I was about to cry when she broke the Mirro.... Link+Midna=awesome kids.

Oh well, each Zelda game has either had a sequel or is a sequel, except TP

Zelda - Zelda II
ALttP - Link's Awakening
OoT - MM
OoA ~ OoS
TWW - PH
TP - ??

but Minish cap doesn't fit in either unless you consider FS/FSA

So, maybe Midna will be back in a sequel to TP!

CoolFiddler

Quote from: Matrix4Yeshua on September 27, 2007, 01:18:01 PM
I loved Midna, although she was aggravating at first. I was about to cry when she broke the Mirro.... Link+Midna=awesome kids.

Zelda - Zelda II
ALttP - Link's Awakening
OoT - MM
OoA ~ OoS
TWW - PH
TP - ??

There is no romance between Link and Midna as you stated in "awesome kids", and Midna will NOT return based on what happened in the end of the game. And the image of seeing the kids of Link and Midna is disgusting!! I can't imagine how they'll look like. O_O

A reason Midna won't return is because Midna stated the following when you entered Gerudo Desert in the cutscene, "The mirror is our only way into the Twilight Realm." and she said the following after you destroy the Spider Boss, "It is something we'll ultimately have to shatter."

Sorry to lower your hopes, but Midna is not returning.
Don't bother me! I'm on official Sith business.:D

Commander Awesome

For the love of all that is Holy, no.

In fact, let's abolish this 'Companion to hold your hand ololo' crap althogether. I don't mind a companion, no. However, I don't want some character to hold my hand to make sure I know what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.

Retronerd

Quote from: CoolFiddler on September 27, 2007, 03:49:36 PM
Quote from: Matrix4Yeshua on September 27, 2007, 01:18:01 PM

Zelda - Zelda II
ALttP - Link's Awakening
OoT - MM
OoA ~ OoS
TWW - PH
TP - ??

There is no romance between Link and Midna as you stated in "awesome kids", and Midna will NOT return based on what happened in the end of the game. And the image of seeing the kids of Link and Midna is disgusting!! I can't imagine how they'll look like. O_O

A reason Midna won't return is because Midna stated the following when you entered Gerudo Desert in the cutscene, "The mirror is our only way into the Twilight Realm." and she said the following after you destroy the Spider Boss, "It is something we'll ultimately have to shatter."

Sorry to lower your hopes, but Midna is not returning.

It's seems just like there just wasting there breathe. She won't return. She broke the mirror. They'll have to make some cheesy way to get her back. It seems like then it would be a waste of space in the game. She's not returning guys and you should not in by now. 

And Midna and Link's kids, I don't want to picture that.

Like ZeldaFan said we don't want another helper. I would much rather have a game where Link has to do it all by himself.

Daft Pink

Quote from: Halfthefun on September 26, 2007, 09:36:30 AM
My views havent changed Yitik... I still think Midna should come back in a sequel, my sister agrees too :O
I agree too.

Allegretto

Midna's a cool character, i wonder if she will be in any other zelda games that would be cool

Yitik

Whoa, I didn't realize this board was still going O_o .  Sorry.

Anyway, I'm going to bump this thread to tell everyone that WMB has moved on to much bigger things.  The Mass Email is still going, but we're also working on several other Initiatives in order to convince Nintendo to bring Midna back.  Check out WantMidnaBack.Com and see just exactly what we're up to.  We even recently got downloadable cutscenes for you TP fans and YouTubers out there.

So, there's your update :) .  We're serious business now, and constantly growing, so take a look if you're interested.

See you later.

PsychoYoshi

...what would possess you to bump a thread that's over two months old?