News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

DK: JB (not jailbait) NPC!

Started by Macawmoses, April 28, 2009, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Apparently they added some save file slots, made it so your clap is much more specific and controlled, added a huge haul of enemies, and a Boss Rush mode.

Is anyone else impressed by a lineup like that? Our Tennis remake wasn't out of this world, but JB seems to be getting a deserved treatment.

Nayrman

Can we PLEASE have a real DK platformer? we haven't had one since the N64, I mean really X_X;;

Macawmoses

Quote from: Nayrman on April 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM
Can we PLEASE have a real DK platformer? we haven't had one since the N64, I mean really X_X;;
What. You're so fickle Nayr. We received great Cube and DS properties. It isn't Nintendo's fault your expectations are of something that can induce Guitar Hero or Pokemon fever.

Nayrman

Quote from: Macbeth on April 28, 2009, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on April 28, 2009, 04:10:37 PM
What. You're so fickle Nayr. We received great Cube and DS properties. It isn't Nintendo's fault your expectations are of something that can induce Guitar Hero or Pokemon fever.
I just want a real DK platformer, ya know, WITHOUT gimmicks? Apparently a non-gimmick title is too much to ask for nowadays without a two or three year wait from Nintendo X_X;;

Tupin

Hey, I'm glad they at least added/fixed SOMETHING.

Speaking of DK titles, what happened to DK: Jungle Climber? I'm guessing it didn't sell too well, since I can't find it new anywhere and it only came out in 2007.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Finally. I still don't understand how you were supposed to play it with the BONGOS of all things, but it looks playable now.

Gwen Khan

I had it for gamecube but couldn't beat it I got close, hopefully this will be a little easier to control

StarWindWizard7

I'm gonna have to agree with Nayr.

DK was a HUGE success Because of it's Platformers and what not...why don't they go back to that? Not to sure how good it did but Wario Shake it is a platformer is but Wario was made famous by being a platformer.

Wouldn't it be awesome to play DK and Diddy Kong at the same time on a platformer?
And I'm not talking about one person plays then Tags the other one to play.
My brother never used to tag me into playing, I always just sat and watched him play! BLAH!
Lol

Macawmoses

While I do love those games, Star, one thing that comes to mind is "the same old same old". It would get so boring so fast. JB was a refreshing twist, and I think the NPC! will refresh the refresher. I know it sounds weird, but I'm glad the DK series did divert its attention, at least somewhat.

Nayrman

Quote from: Macbeth on May 05, 2009, 06:16:40 PM
While I do love those games, Star, one thing that comes to mind is "the same old same old". It would get so boring so fast. JB was a refreshing twist, and I think the NPC! will refresh the refresher. I know it sounds weird, but I'm glad the DK series did divert its attention, at least somewhat.
It's not "same old same old" when we haven't had one in ten years... and who said it had to be the same thing? (platformer is such a ubiquitous word in terms of gaming).
BTW, same old same old is Mario and Zelda, since they've had the same story, and inherently same gameplay since their first N64 iterations.
I'm fine with trying some offbeat things every now and then, but really, three different bongo DDR knockoffs (that all were terrible IMHO), and a "meh" half assed effort using the same shoddy peripheral. *rolls eyes* I'm not saying only do that, but doing what the character was famous for every now and again isn't that big a deal (hell, at the rate DK's going, he'll have a longer drought of main series games than Samus did X_X;; )

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on May 05, 2009, 06:29:19 PM
It's not "same old same old" when we haven't had one in ten years... and who said it had to be the same thing? (platformer is such a ubiquitous word in terms of gaming).
BTW, same old same old is Mario and Zelda, since they've had the same story, and inherently same gameplay since their first N64 iterations.
I'm fine with trying some offbeat things every now and then, but really, three different bongo DDR knockoffs (that all were terrible IMHO), and a "meh" half assed effort using the same shoddy peripheral. *rolls eyes* I'm not saying only do that, but doing what the character was famous for every now and again isn't that big a deal (hell, at the rate DK's going, he'll have a longer drought of main series games than Samus did X_X;; )
Speaking of the bongoes, the third version of Donkey Konga featured Full Metal Alchemist's second opening. ;)

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on May 05, 2009, 06:59:54 PM
Speaking of the bongoes, the third version of Donkey Konga featured Full Metal Alchemist's second opening. ;)
There is a reason most people have stepmania on their computers XD
Besides, Larc~en~Ciel + Bongos = pretty darn strange...

SkyMyl

...there was a third version of Donkey Konga?

Nayrman

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on May 05, 2009, 08:32:12 PM
...there was a third version of Donkey Konga?
Japan only (mostly due to the anime music, ironically it was all stuff all anime fans here would get anyway X_X;;)
At least it was better than Wii Music's line-up (although frankly that isn't very hard)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on May 05, 2009, 08:33:38 PM
Japan only (mostly due to the anime music, ironically it was all stuff all anime fans here would get anyway X_X;;)
At least it was better than Wii Music's line-up (although frankly that isn't very hard)
Heck, it also had Hi-Hi Puffy Amy Yumi with Fighting Dreamers (Naruto Opening).