News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Nsider2 looks like it is down.

Started by Ciel_00, December 10, 2007, 02:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciel_00

I have no idea how long it is going to be down for but I don't like the looks of it.  I did not get any email notification from nsider2 saying that the forums over there would be closed and the site hasn't had a recent database problem except the power on nintendo power glitch when the forums went bork that one night.  I decided to join here... I don't expect Nsider2 to come back... and even if it does... I am going to want answers.  I am coming here to be on and hopefully find the other nsider friends that I had on nsider1 that aren't on nsider2.  Well... what's going on? 

I'm Ciel_00 from Nsider1... and I was originally MEGAMANFOREVER with my original account.  I never got to be a sage... or even better a mod on the nsider1 community... but I liked it while it lasted. 

This place seems to be cool... so I think I'll stay. 

Tech Static

I didn't think NSider2 could last that long anyway, the amount of server problems it was having...  The pokemon battle system should have never been implemented.  >.>

Anyways, welcome, I -think- I saw you around on NSider2.

Zovistograt

oh hai, I remember you more for your alt than your original account ^_^
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kita

Hi.  I'm Andrea on Nsider2.  Welcome to NSF 

NS2 got messed up because EJ installed something to ban proxies and to test it out he banned Genius.  Genius was trying to get back in and then NS2 started to have database errors because of it.  Something went wrong with the update and EJ had to turn off the boards.  He usually has them fixed at some point during the day.

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Tech Static

what a genius lol!!!

Uh, do you know if NS2 is staying offline forever?  Seems that way to me.  :/

Kita

Quote from: Tech Static on December 10, 2007, 08:28:07 AM
what a genius lol!!!

Uh, do you know if NS2 is staying offline forever?  Seems that way to me.  :/

No it's not.

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Tech Static

Ok then.  Just that the given offline board message gave me the impression that it wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I should stop going off-topic, sorry.  :S

ERRORCODE

Hi, welcome to this site. :D Yeah, you should stay active here since it really lacks activity. And by the way, NS2 has been shut down for days at a time before...

Anyway, have fun here. :P

Macawmoses

Quote from: Tech Static on December 10, 2007, 08:49:34 AM
Ok then.  Just that the given offline board message gave me the impression that it wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I should stop going off-topic, sorry.  :S
Apolog accepted :)

Seeing the off topicness of this, I was tempted to start deleting, but our newest member here saved it, by making it a relevant part of his intro. Feel free to discuss NS2 being down, while at the same time, remember this IS an intro board
;D

Welcome aboard,

~MoM~

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Darth Scythia on December 10, 2007, 05:53:07 AM
Hi.  I'm Andrea on Nsider2.  Welcome to NSF 

NS2 got messed up because EJ installed something to ban proxies and to test it out he banned Genius.  Genius was trying to get back in and then NS2 started to have database errors because of it.  Something went wrong with the update and EJ had to turn off the boards.  He usually has them fixed at some point during the day.
Wait Genius was banned... ;D...

Anyway welcome to NSNET enjoy your stay here if you like intelligence

Ganondorf718

Nsider2 has been fed too many 'upgrades' and it has been given too many extra things that really are not needed. (IMO) Welcome to this board, enjoy your stay while the databases are fixed.

Ciel_00

Ah... I used these forums a little bit last night while the nsider2 forums were down... and I plan on being here even though Nsider2 had a database problem.  It looks like a cool place and it looks more like the original Nsider forums... I like the design of the forums... and I like the layout of the site.  It looks like it'll be like something I'll like.  Yeah, and nsider2 has gone through way too many upgrades.   

Andrea, thanks for filling me in on the update.  o_o.  I had no idea there was a problem like that.  I would have liked an e-mail.  It seems that this place will be good for me because all of the other nsiders not on nsider2 until nsider becomes united under future US will be here or on nsider2.  So, I'd rather be with all of them.  :)

Tupin

Quote from: Ciel_00 on December 10, 2007, 07:42:10 PM
Ah... I used these forums a little bit last night while the nsider2 forums were down... and I plan on being here even though Nsider2 had a database problem.  It looks like a cool place and it looks more like the original Nsider forums... I like the design of the forums... and I like the layout of the site.  It looks like it'll be like something I'll like.  Yeah, and nsider2 has gone through way too many upgrades.   

Andrea, thanks for filling me in on the update.  o_o.  I had no idea there was a problem like that.  I would have liked an e-mail.  It seems that this place will be good for me because all of the other nsiders not on nsider2 until nsider becomes united under future US will be here or on nsider2.  So, I'd rather be with all of them.  :)
You know what would be cool?

If Nintendo stepped in, bought this site and Nsider2 and merged them, making it their official site. :P

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

StarWindWizard7

I'm glad your more then likely to stay here,
welcome to "NSF"!

I hope you have a great time here, help spread the word so we can have more people here.  :robothappy:

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 10, 2007, 07:44:34 PM
Quote from: Ciel_00 on December 10, 2007, 07:42:10 PM

You know what would be cool?

If Nintendo stepped in, bought this site and Nsider2 and merged them, making it their official site. :P
And kept me and Snorkel as admins. :P
But anyways, welcome! :) I'm the head admin of this place, so you can come to me or Snorkel for anything you may need. Either that or JMV, Riosan, Vaatixganon, Origiztree...the list goes on. :D