News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Quick question about "credit"

Started by Kilroy, May 09, 2008, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

On spriters-resource, most of the sprite sheets say "CREDIT IS NEEDED" and such.

If I use a crapload of sprites from said site, and then in the credits say "HUGE THANKS to www.spriters-resource.com and all their great members!", would that count as credit? Or is credit just saying "Thanks to blah blah blah"

Because I don't want to have to type out all of those names while doing the credits ;-;
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

BOSSNIG

I'm pretty sure that under plagiarism laws you must state every single person. I doubt anyone going to come get you, but you might want to, just in case.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kilroy

Quote from: Darklink on May 09, 2008, 03:23:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that under plagiarism laws you must state every single person. I doubt anyone going to come get you, but you might want to, just in case.
Well, that makes enough sense to believe.

Thanks.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Lotos

If it is a rip, intercourse  them.  That's what I do.  Do NOT give rippers credit unless it looks like/they stated that it was a pain in the ass to rip.  If it's a rip, it should generally be free for use.  Look at Tonberry.  He ripped a LOT of sheets and never asked for credit.  A.J. Nitro pisses me off.  He'll do a 10 second rip and require credit.

Exhibit A - Tonberry (he ripped most of those sheets)
Exhibit B - A.J. Nitro

Customs, yeah, give them credit.  Unless they suck.  Then, don't even bother using the sprite.

Kaz

Working on a game or something?

When I feel like making a game in Game Maker or something, and I use sprite sheets from S-R, I generally give credit in the game information that most people wouldn't look at more than once.

Even if they don't ask for it. I dunno why. I know it's not a lot of work, because I've ripped plenty of sprites myself, but I still give credit anyway.

Your choice. They don't actually have legal copyrights anyway.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.