News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

DS, DS Lite, or DSi?

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 12, 2010, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Not going to add a poll since I prefer replies. Which one of the three do you own? Or do you own more than that? All 3 perhaps?

I use to own a regular DS but sold it off to a friend to get a DSLite. Got the DSLite like 4 years ago. Never looked back and will probably still use it some even when the 3DS comes out. As for the colors I got em in my original DS was regular platinum/gray. My DSLite is black.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Turok

I have a Blue phat DS, it's really shot to pieces though. hinge broke, top screen went with it. & the touch screen is tinted orange. :S

Gonna get a DSiXL (or 3DS depending on how much it is or if it's really worth it) when I have the money.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

SkyMyl

I had a Blue Classic DS, and it still works fine. The only problem is it won't charge anymore, because it couldn't handle a one foot fall. Because of that, I now own a Metallic Blue DS Lite, and it still works fine. I'll probably get the 3DS when it comes out, but I'm not spending money on a DSi.

Mystic

Had a DAPhat, but I broke it. Got a DSLite, and it broke itself. I have a DSi, and I luuuurrrrvvve it.

bluaki

I have a Blue Classic DS
Then DS Lite came out, so after waiting a while I got one of them
Then it broke itself
Quote from: Mystic on May 12, 2010, 07:23:57 PM
Got a DSLite, and it broke itself.
For some reason that seems to have happened to every DS Lite belonging to anybody I know. Me, my sister and a couple friends. Those things are terribly made.

So I got a DSi after the Lite broke. Besides missing a GBA slot, which I would only use for Pokemon's Pal Park, I'd consider it the best of the DSes and like it.

Psilocybin

DS classic. Lite feels cheap, and is cheaply made, DSi has no GBA support.

Turok

Quote from: Psilocybin on May 16, 2010, 08:57:07 PM
DS classic. Lite feels cheap, and is cheaply made, DSi has no GBA support.
Buy a GBA then

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

darkmario

I had an original silver. Broke.
Black DS lite. Traded it in when it started messing up on me.
Got a black DSi. I've had it since launch and it still works fine.
I'm not planning on buying a 3DS.

Imo, the DSi and DS phat are pretty durable. I don't know what went wrong with the DS lite.

Light

I have an original release silver DS Phat. L and R buttons sometimes go wonky, but other than that, I have no problems with it at all. Still using it, and it's the only DS I have. My younger sister, on the other hand, has gone through all three (DS - broke, DS Lite - still working, DSi - she got bored of the old one?).
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Psilocybin

Quote from: TUROK on May 16, 2010, 09:34:58 PM
Buy a GBA then
I don't feel like carrying around two systems, much less spending the money on them.

Zero

I have two DS's and a DSlite.

Neerb

Got the silver DS the first Christmas it came out... then it was stolen.
Got the Mario Kart bundle pack hot rod-red DS the first Christmas it came out... then it eventually broke after repeatedly dropping it on concrete by accident.
Got the Phantom Hourglass bundle pack gold Zelda DS the first Christmas it came out... and I intend to keep this one until it is replaced by a 3DS.

By the way, those of you saying you won't get a 3DS... you do realize that the 3DS is NEXT GEN, not another simple rehash, right? As in, by not getting a 3DS, you are refusing to play any new portable Nintendo games for the upcoming 5 or so years, right?

Red

I have a black DSlite, and after hours of gameplay, it's like brand new. I don't know what everyone's saying about it being made cheaply, mine's great.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: KITTYLUVER1999 on May 18, 2010, 07:12:24 AM
I have a white DSlite, and after hours of gameplay, it's like brand new. I don't know what everyone's saying about it being made cheaply, mine's great.

people get mad and chuck the ds at the floor/wall and break it?

Lotos

Quote from: Gwen Khan on May 18, 2010, 09:31:32 AM
people get mad and chuck the ds at the floor/wall and break it?

My onyx DS Lite got scratched (minorly) and I tread it very well.

My DS broke.  I have a DS Lite and a DSi.