News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

3DS Discussion

Started by The Riddler, June 15, 2010, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Well, the N64 remakes and the SNAKE EATER(!) screens seem to show it's at least adequately powerful on graphics alone. Sorry to say but the DS just couldn't handle 3D in the slightest, glad to see some CLEAN 3D, even if it isn't the rumored PS2/Cube level of graphics.

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on June 15, 2010, 05:21:36 PM
It's all about how the eyes see the screen. Unless you have a 3DS screen for a TV/Computer you wouldn't be able to pick up on anything. Also, normal cameras don't record in 3D either, so it would only be captured in two dimensions.

If you stick 3D glasses up to a camera and filmed a 3D movie, it wouldn't look 3D on your computer. Same thing works without the glasses.
You're missing my point.
If you don't need glasses, you can film it. The reason you can't film things that need glasses is because it's filmed and edited a different way that the human eye can't normally interpret.

The 3DS requires no glasses, thus a camera lens will see the same thing we see. It has a depth slider, which means it's not "Real" 3D, it's increased depth. Nothing jumps off the screen at you like with 3D movies.

This should be completely film-able.

I will not be excited for any of this until I see some gameplay.

Tupin

I did see a comparison that it looked just as good as a PSP, and maybe slightly better, but I'm not so sure. The DS was essentially a portable N64, and since they didn't want to blur the edges to make things look smooth, they just decided to leave them jagged.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

It still comes down to the fact that a camera doesn't film with two lenses. The screen only shows 3D when you look at it in two different ways at once, which can't be done when filmed. I saw the 3DS live on tv earlier, and it wasn't 3D at all because it was on camera. So either I'm right or everyone at E3 is just pretending that it works.

Nayrman

You can't get 3D online because it wasn't filmed that way, and your monitor wasn't BUILT for it.

Not to mention it's using a similar idea to the anaglyphic 3D glasses of using two different perspectives to give the effect, which a 1 angle lens can't do.

Mikoyan

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 15, 2010, 05:46:40 PM
You're missing my point.
If you don't need glasses, you can film it. The reason you can't film things that need glasses is because it's filmed and edited a different way that the human eye can't normally interpret.

The 3DS requires no glasses, thus a camera lens will see the same thing we see. It has a depth slider, which means it's not "Real" 3D, it's increased depth. Nothing jumps off the screen at you like with 3D movies.

This should be completely film-able.

I will not be excited for any of this until I see some gameplay.
3D in any form can only be observed with two eyes. Obviously, a camera only has one, so the illusion is impossible to project into video form.

Also, for those who have a DSi, does the front camera get scratched over time? I can entirely imagine the 2 outside cameras getting completely mauled by stuff like keys or a cell phone.

Macawmoses

I've no issues with the XL's camera. I must say, 3DS is a go for me. Ubisoft is launching 6 titles with it, and I imagine Nintendo will have three or so. I'll be poor.

The Riddler

I stand corrected. Still, I'm not excited for it 'til I see it myself. Demos at Gamestop and Nintendo World, please.

Mikoyan

Quote from: Mace on June 15, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
I've no issues with the XL's camera. I must say, 3DS is a go for me. Ubisoft is launching 6 titles with it, and I imagine Nintendo will have three or so. I'll be poor.
Do you carry it in your sweatpants and/or baggy jeans, or does it sit at home?

Also  you better be getting that Star Fox remake.

Macawmoses

XL can't fit in my pants, but I throw it in a duffle bag and backpack with other junk and it's fine.

And none of those remakes are confirmed yet. They're just tech demos as of now.

Neerb

Quote from: Mace on June 15, 2010, 06:25:42 PM
XL can't fit in my pants, but I throw it in a duffle bag and backpack with other junk and it's fine.

And none of those remakes are confirmed yet. They're just tech demos as of now.

Actually, Ocarina of Time was just officially confirmed. And I'm sure Star Fox will be real since they have pics on the Nintendo E3 website.

Cornwad

My DSi's camera survived France. It got pencil marks and scratches all over the casing, but as far as I can tell the camera is unharmed. It was stuck in the pocket of my backpack which was essentially crushed by the super awesome charter flight first class reclining seats.

Tupin

Apparently we missed that this will have some multimedia functions as well, they mentioned watching movies. I'm guessing Netflix.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

I see no official confirmation. Rawmeatcowboy just posted on Gonintendo after talking to Ninty reps that it isn't.

edit: see the tweet