News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Street Fighter

Started by CommanderFlint, March 07, 2010, 01:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamesnake55

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 28, 2010, 07:51:59 PM
I'm not gonna spend $60 on a game that should have just been DLC, it's not worth it to me, I'm content with my regular SF4
SSFIV is only $40
QuoteAlways angry, all the time!

Cornwad

It's only $40, and you must not have any money if you can't afford to spend a few bucks on one of the best games this year.

MoS

Quote from: Cornwad on April 28, 2010, 08:03:18 PM
It's only $40, and you must not have any money if you can't afford to spend a few bucks on one of the best games this year.

I don't see how a fighting game can be one of the best games of the year, there is so little content.

SkyMyl

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 28, 2010, 08:46:20 PM
I don't see how a fighting game can be one of the best games of the year, there is so little content.
Play value.

MoS

Farmville has a lot of play value too, but it's not game of the year.

Zero

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 28, 2010, 08:55:24 PM
Farmville has a lot of play value too, but it's not game of the year.

You obviously don't understand fighting games...

As an example, Modern Warfare 2 doesn't have much content. A single player campaign mode, a special mission mode, and an online multiplayer mode. Yet its a game you obviously enjoy thoroughly.

Super Street Fighter IV definitely has much more content than that and its definitely supreme among fighting games. Might be a boastful thing to say but I haven't had this much with a fighting game since MvC 2 back when it first came out.

At any rate, yeah guys I got Super and I have to say that I'm enjoyiing Hakan, Guy, and Juri pretty well. I'll play you guys when I'm on. If you haven't added me, then DO SO. I have hardly anyone to play the game with because none of my friends have it and random mactches are full of ragequitters.

Turok

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2010, 09:33:03 PM
At any rate, yeah guys I got Super and I have to say that I'm enjoyiing Hakan, Guy, and Juri pretty well. I'll play you guys when I'm on. If you haven't added me, then DO SO. I have hardly anyone to play the game with because none of my friends have it and random mactches are full of ragequitters.
Well, I should be getting Super & Gold in a month. Although I'm still loving SF4, but all the extras sound like its worth it.

It is annoying that I just got SF4 at the end of November though >:(

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Magnum

HOLY CRAP! SSF4 IS 100x BETTER THAN SF4 WAS!!!!

CODY IS THE BEST FIGHTER SO FAR. I LOVE HIS DELAYED ATTACKS! DOWANT!!!!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

SkyMyl

SSFIV is pretty awesome. I freaking love Juri.

Cornwad

I've been moving through all of the characters to get the C for all achievement, right now I'm on Seth. I never played as him in the first game and he's a lot of fun. Adon is pretty cool too, but my favorite new character is still Hakan.

Also, I hate T.Hawk.

Zero

I've gotten into Guy and Ibuki actually.

Come to think of it, really the only new character I don't like playing as is T. Hawk

Cornwad

I like playing as T. Hawk, but playing against him is awful. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a friend who doesn't play as anyone except T. Hawk. I started using Seth to deal with him, and it seems to be working nicely.

Dan is really good in this game. You can knee into Ultra II sometimes.

Zero

I just hate how he plays. Grab characters aren't my thing, but I like grab moves, which is odd. I guess this is why I like to use Ibuki. She's a nice middle ground and I'm pretty darn awesome with her after practicing for a bit.

Considering how terrible Dan was in SFIV I'd say the buffs he got were needed. I doubt its enough to compete with the likes of Sagat though. While Sagat seems to have less priority, it feels like his Tiger Shots and Tiger Knees can be thrown out even faster than in SFIV.

Cornwad

Yeah, Dan is still one of the worst characters in the game, but he can do quite a bit. And I just love to imagine the look on someone's face after getting destroyed by Dan. His aerial and crouching taunts do chip damage too if I'm not mistaken, which can lead to some pretty hilarious situations.

Shujinco2

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 28, 2010, 07:51:59 PM
I'm not gonna spend $60 on a game that should have just been DLC, it's not worth it to me, I'm content with my regular SF4
Actually, I believe it started as 30 bucks.

Quote from: Cornwad on May 12, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
Yeah, Dan is still one of the worst characters in the game, but he can do quite a bit. And I just love to imagine the look on someone's face after getting destroyed by Dan. His aerial and crouching taunts do chip damage too if I'm not mistaken, which can lead to some pretty hilarious situations.
This has happened before, and it is actually pretty darn funny.