News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Leaf Stone and Eevee.

Started by Lotos, December 17, 2009, 02:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Were you a little mad/upset/irked that Leafeon did not use the leaf stone to evolve?

Yes, should have been in R/G/B/Y
5 (41.7%)
No, should have been in R/G/B/Y though
0 (0%)
Yes, but I'm happy that we eventually got a grass Eeveelution
2 (16.7%)
No, but I'm happy that we eventually got a grass Eeveelution
3 (25%)
I just don't care.
1 (8.3%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Lotos

In before option five...

I pick option one.  It would have been nice if Eevee used that stone.  Maybe even the moon stone, but that worked out in G/S/C with the time and friendship features.  It makes the evos worth your while.

JrDude

Stop whining, if you look at it, it was Eevee, brown, then the evos were the primary colors, green would have intercourse ed that up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Friendly Hostile

I didn't care about the new additions.  I do hate the evolution method though. It's seriously the most retarded concept thus far for Pokemon evolutions.

Lotos

Quote from: JrDude ½ on December 17, 2009, 07:48:41 PM
Stop whining, if you look at it, it was Eevee, brown, then the evos were the primary colors, green would have intercourse ed that up.

But they had a Pokémon Green over in Japan, why couldn't we have a Leafeon then?

JrDude

It was green because the starter is green and green is opposite of red, my thoughts are they made Blue here because they were adding Yellow, so it would then be Primary colors. Which is also why they made Leaf Green instead of ~ Blue since there wasn't going to be a ~ Yellow.
[move][/move]
Dude .

X-3

It's kinda silly, now that I think about it. Guess they just needed more zany evolution methods.

I could care less about whether or not Leafeon was in R/B/Y, though.

Kayo

They didnt put Leafeon in RBY because of the whole primary colors thing. They didnt think to add it until DP, but then the eeveelutions were too complex to go back to simple stone methods. Also, if leafeon = leaf stone, what about Glaceon?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

I'm going to vote "other", since it's really a combination of a few of the choices. I had no opinion when I learned of Leafeon and its evolution method. I just though it was creative after I thought about it for a while. It's not disappointing at all. I do remember thinking about a Grass-type Eveelution while I was still playing Pokémon Red and/or Pokémon Yellow though. I just thought: "If all of the other Eveelutions have evolution methods by elemental Stones [including only the stones available at that time, and not including the Moon Stone], then why isn't there a Grass-type Eveelution? Oh well." But again, I wasn't disappointed by Leafeon's evolution method. What I would like to see is a Ground-type Eveelution, a Fighting-type Eveelution (not too similar to Lucario, more like the Digimon Renamon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renamon), a Steel-type Eveelution, and maybe a Rock-type Eveelution.

Quote from: NOE_KZ on December 19, 2009, 04:19:49 PM
if leafeon = leaf stone, what about Glaceon?
An Ice Stone would be cool [pun intended], but I'm content with the current Eveelution method.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Gwen Khan

should they have done Moon stone for Umbreon? and sun stone for Espeon?

Kayo

Sun and Moon stone would make sense, but, alas, they did not. idk y tho lol
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Quote from: Gwen Khan on December 20, 2009, 06:34:07 AM
should they have done Moon stone for Umbreon? and sun stone for Espeon?
I remember thinking that that would make sense. As long as enough stones are given, I'd prefer this method over friendship Eveelution.

bluaki

I much prefer stones to any of the other two eevee evolution methods.

Nintendo doesn't want to add an evolution (or baby form) whose triggers could have been fulfilled in previous generations. And so, they all have to implement a new feature like both friendship and time, or for D/P the specific locations in Sinnoh. They might add a new form of an older pokemon with a new evolution stone, but not with an existing one; the only pokemon I can think of to use a stone introduced outside of their generation are Lombre->Ludicolo (Water) and Nuzleaf->Shiftry (Leaf), who don't care about cross-generational compatibility because both forms are introduced in the same generation.

I would rather if they ignore the cross-generation compatibility and instead just go ahead with letting Leafeon, Umbreon, and Espeon evolve with Leaf, Moon/Dusk, and Sun/Dawn Stones respectively.

Leafeon, Glaceon, and all of the Mount Coronet-evolved Pokemon are, in my opinion, an especially ridiculous evolution method. One which does not at all take into account possible future games.

RX-78-2

Quote from: bluaki on January 10, 2010, 06:55:13 PM
Leafeon, Glaceon, and all of the Mount Coronet-evolved Pokemon are, in my opinion, an especially ridiculous evolution method. One which does not at all take into account possible future games.
I think it's okay; definitely unique. Maybe they'll put more "Mt. Coronets" in other games/regions so that you can still evolve everyone. Otherwise you'd have to travel to Sinnoh all the time, and that'd be inconvenient, although interesting.