News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

You know how everyone says Sonic should go back to basics?

Started by mecha_fang, February 14, 2008, 07:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mecha_fang

Well, Donkey Kong needs to do that even moar. All of his games are gimmick games.

Shujinco2

Yeah, he does.

And sonic went back to basics AT LEAST once, with sonic rush.

GAWD, I loved that game.

Nayrman

Gwen Khan

what Sonic needs to do is get rid of all those new characters, and we do need a new DK too

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Linkman

Quote from: LinkXLR on February 14, 2008, 11:44:58 AM
Can't, Rare is with Microsoft.
didnt someone here say that rare would make DKC 4 if nintendo wanted to?

LinkXLR

Quote from: Linkfan71 on February 14, 2008, 11:58:46 AM
Quote from: LinkXLR on February 14, 2008, 11:44:58 AM
Can't, Rare is with Microsoft.
didnt someone here say that rare would make DKC 4 if nintendo wanted to?
Yeah, if it's for the DS. All console games belong to Microsoft. DS games are still available for RARE to develop.

Kayo

i kind of want DKC4.....but with DK and diddy. thats why i loved DKC1
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Shujinco on February 14, 2008, 07:54:44 AM
Yeah, he does.

And sonic went back to basics AT LEAST once, with sonic rush.

GAWD, I loved that game.
I really liked it too but the game puts WAY too much emphasis on speed and made most previously playable characters unplayable (Tails, Knuckles, etc.). I liked Sonic Advance better.

I absolutely hate how Secret Rings was said so supposed to be returning to the basics while in reality, it seemed even worse than Shadow.

Lotos

Quote from: Nayrman on February 14, 2008, 09:07:37 AM
DK hasn't even had a DK game since the N64
I assume you mean a platformer-adventure.  We had Jungle Beat, but that was so poopty, I won't consider that a platformer.  King of Swing and Jungle Climber are the closest things we have for now.

mecha_fang

They need to make one that will revolutionize the series, like SMG did with Mario... Hmmm... How about Donkey Kong Jungle Jam? It'll be like DK64, except the gun weapons will be controlled by the Wiimote, and the music weapons will be controlled by the Wiimote, as well, through drumming in DK's case. Also, it'll flip to sidescrolling in some levels, as well as go to an overhead view and FPS view occasionally.

LinkXLR

Quote from: mecha_fang on February 14, 2008, 01:54:09 PM
They need to make one that will revolutionize the series, like SMG did with Mario... Hmmm... How about Donkey Kong Jungle Jam? It'll be like DK64, except the gun weapons will be controlled by the Wiimote, and the music weapons will be controlled by the Wiimote, as well, through drumming in DK's case. Also, it'll flip to sidescrolling in some levels, as well as go to an overhead view and FPS view occasionally.
No thanks. The best we'll ever get to another awesome DK platformer is if RARE develops a Donkey Kong 64 DS.

Java

Tupin

Quote from: Java_Java on February 14, 2008, 04:25:15 PM
What we need is a new REAL DK game like a new DK64.
Jungle Beat was good.

But unconventional...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.