News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

"The Mascot is a Quitter"

Started by Titus Andronicus, February 03, 2009, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titus Andronicus

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Swim-Team-Shirts-All-Wet.html

I think it's really funny when you hear news that reminds you of someone you hate. In this instance, this little piece of news reminded me of the Seymour, CT swim coach. See, my school swims against their school every year, and they always suck.

But as for the girls swim team, they do not suck. In fact, the girls team over there lost to ours by only a few points, and we came up with an underdog victory. During the dual meet between the two teams, the Seymour coach showed little to no class. While every team is supposed to go unofficial once they have enough points to win the meet, he refuses to do so against teams he wants to "scare". So when it came down to the dual meet, they scored an unprecedented 120 something points - the amount needed to win is only 98 or so.

That was this years meet. Last year, at our pool, the touchpads were screwed up, as one kept resetting (coincidentally, the one I was in charge of). It's all automatic stuff, but if it fails, there's supposed to be a manual way of getting the time back. I, however, did not see the swimmer coming in, and when the time reset, I was oblivious to having to push the button. A time was still recorded in the machine, but he refused to believe that one. He yelled at the officials until they took him into a little room, where he was lectured by the officials and almost kicked out of the meet for unsportsman like conduct.

Point being, this guy has had a lot coming to him, and I'm glad to see him suspended.

Any quirky things you hear in the news that relates directly to you?
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Silverhawk79

Uh, my dad was on the news for pulling a guy out of a burning car...

Kilroy

My Grandma was on NBC news because of that guy who owned the Quizno's or whatever killed that little girl. She was providing sympathy for the family, but NBC got her name wrong.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

My school was on the news a week ago for being the only school in the entire county that was open during a snowstorm.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Lotos

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 03, 2009, 04:57:03 PM
My school was on the news a week ago for being the only school in the entire county that was open during a snowstorm.

Sounds like something my school would pull.

Gamree

Quote from: Lotos on February 03, 2009, 07:29:29 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 03, 2009, 04:57:03 PM

Sounds like something my school would pull.

Unfortunately, sounds like mine, too...

Java

My school was on the news last year because a kid stabbed another kid in the head with a pair of scissors.  ^_^

Fortunately, the kid who was stabbed is alright.

Jono2

my high school last year was on the national news due to the 4 bomb threats we had.

The U of Manitoba doesn't make the radar very often, but it usually does in local news.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen