News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

"You're going into shock."

Started by Riosan, October 31, 2007, 07:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riosan

He found a first-aid kit and injected her with the standard postmission antishock medical cocktail.
"Survivors...", she whispered.
"There are none," he said. "We have to get out of here. The Black Cat's capacitors will drain in four hours and we won't be able to jump to Slipspace."
She turned to him, eyes wide and brimming with tears."How are you sure we're alive?"
Tom was alive. He was certain. But as he cast one final glance at the crackling fields of Pegasi Delta, he knew part of him had died today with Beta Company.
He helped Lucy into the Black Cat prowler and closed the hatch. The subprowler's engines thrummed to life, then dulled to a whisper. The craft lifted and angled up into the darkening skies.
Lucy's words asking if they were alive would be her last. "Posttraumatic vocal disarticulation," the experts would eventually declare. And although recertified for duty, she would remain silent - either unable, or unwilling, to speak the rest of her life.
In the years to come, Tom would reflect on Lucy's last question every day. "How are you sure we're alive?" Something had died for every Spartan that day.

Best prologue in a book ever. ♥
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

DIMENTIO1

Riosan

Quote from: DIMENTIO1 on October 31, 2007, 07:11:46 AM
?

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

A book. If you've played Halo 1 and 2, go read it.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

DIMENTIO1

Quote from: Riosan on October 31, 2007, 07:15:17 AM
Quote from: DIMENTIO1 on October 31, 2007, 07:11:46 AM
?

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

A book. If you've played Halo 1 and 2, go read it.
oh. i have Fall Of Reach. but i only bought that one. i didnt  read it all the way tho....