News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Grandparents

Started by Dog Food, March 30, 2010, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

So, talk about your grandparents.

I have a grandma on my dad's side. I call her teta (that's "grandma" in Lebanese). I visit her on Sundays, sometimes. She makes amazing food, but she doesn't speak English very well.

...That's it. I had a grandpa on my dad's side, too. I called him ji-doo (of course that's insanely wrong spelling, but that's basically the pronunciation. It's "grandpa" in Lebanese). He died of cancer when I was young. All I remember about him was that he played Solitaire a lot. My dad said some really nice things in his eulogy. It was the only time I've ever seen my dad cry.

Uh, I never met my mom's parents. I don't know their names. All I know that her dad died from some bad heart problems about a year after my sister was born (so about thirty years ago) and his middle name was Morgan. My mom's mom had bad problems, too. I think she had seizures or something, but after she fell down in the snow one winter things got really bad. She had Alzheimer's, too. I think her name was Margaret, but I might be thinking of someone else.

Anyway, discuss grandparents.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Chris8492

I have both grandparents on my mother and father's side of the family.

My mother's side we call my grandmother Ninu which means Grandma in Polish because that where she originated from along with my Grandpa. We call my Grandpa Babshi which of course means Grandpa in Polish.

On my fathers side, we just call them basically grandma and grandpa.

All four of them are alive, and very healthy.

Friendly Hostile

My grandfather and grandmother on my mom's side are pretty socialable, though my grandfather is the living embodiment of Archie Bunker.  My grandfather on my dad's side is very quite, reserved conservative man who thinks the doctors are out to get him.

JrDude

My gramma's the best gramma ever. She had 7 kids, raised them all, then raised 2 more, me and my sis. Since my parents died, she took over as out guardian. She is also the nicest person you'll ever meet. I could (and did) write an essay about how nice and awesome she is. Her name is Marlene, but I just call her Gramma (I know it's spelled wrong, but that's what I call her). She is basically my mom since she's raised me since I was 1.
My grandpa, who used to be married to this gramma, divorced, he's cool, you can tell he has a mean side hidden beneath his cool attitude. I call him Grandpa Gene. He married again, not much to say about her, besides she's also very nice, I call her Gramma Lee.
My gramma also remarried, but he died before I could meet him, I think his name was Edmond, dunno what exactly I'd call him.

The above is my mom's side, below is my dad's side.

This gramma's name is Lourdes, she has a weird nickname given by my older cousin (young at the time) who couldn't say "grandma" for whatever reason, and ended up calling her Guma, which stuck and is now her official title, EVERYONE calls her Guma, if someone is talking about her, they say "My Guma" (like my grandma, but Guma, GET IT?!). Anyway, she is CRAZY, I won't deny, and I'm not joking. She is Mexican to the core, but somehow kinda wealthy, and though Mexican, she denied it for a while and said "oh no no no no, I'm no Mexican, I'm Frensh," which ended recently with a conversation which led to the learning that French eat snails, which made her deny the Frenchness that wasn't. ANYWAY, she is crazy, that was jokingly crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was literally crazy too. Why? I won't go into details.
Her husband I never met, Ron, I know nothing about him.
[move][/move]
Dude .