News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

**The Official Ice Climbers Fan Club**

Started by Water ☮, January 22, 2008, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTuesday

A... Yu-Gi-Oh! Card?

And I thought the world was coming to an end when I saw the Vic Viper on a card *faints*

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Cornwad

Quote from: Java_Java on January 23, 2008, 04:40:05 PM
I <3 Ice Climbers.  :)

What I like most about them is pretty much their uniqueness.
I loved the idea of a double character, although I had no idea who they were when Melee came out.

I thought they were the Crazy Daisies from Paper Mario :P

Tupin

The Ice Climbers need a new game...

Either a remake of their old game with new graphics or a side-scrolling platformer.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 23, 2008, 05:41:01 PM
The Ice Climbers need a new game...

Either a remake of their old game with new graphics or a side-scrolling platformer.

Sounds like fun to me.
Or it could be a Mario & Luigi-ish RPG.
That would be fun. You got your jumping, your hammers, and magical ice powers :O

That should be a Nintendo published WiiWare game. After they have finished the new F-Zero RPG, that is.

Apollo

i support them
i like their hammer smash the best
its pretty powerful

Neerb

If you think about it, Ice Climbers don't actually deserve to be in... I mean, they only had ONE game, it was a long time ago, it wasn't exactly a super popular game, and most people only know who they are because of the last Smash game, which they also didn't deserve to be in.

Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't imagine Smash without them now that they're so popular.  But seriously, why'd Sakurai feel the need to bring them in for Melee in the first place?

Ridley

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 23, 2008, 06:12:09 PM
If you think about it, Ice Climbers don't actually deserve to be in... I mean, they only had ONE game, it was a long time ago, it wasn't exactly a super popular game, and most people only know who they are because of the last Smash game, which they also didn't deserve to be in.

Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't imagine Smash without them now that they're so popular.  But seriously, why'd Sakurai feel the need to bring them in for Melee in the first place?

Sakurai adored the ice climbers game as a kid.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Cornwad

He liked Ice Climber :P

Tupin

Quote from: Cornwad on January 23, 2008, 06:13:13 PM

It is a pretty quirky game. :P

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 23, 2008, 06:14:05 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 23, 2008, 06:13:13 PM

It is a pretty quirky game. :P
So much so that I completly ignored the fact that you can get it for free online or in Animal Crossing and bought it off the virtual console :P

Water ☮

sorry I let this die but I was banned for a bit and now that I'm back I'm bumping it up!!

New topic:
Do you think the ice climbers deserved to be in Melee/Brawl?

Neerb

Quote from: WaterGod on January 27, 2008, 04:54:28 PM
sorry I let this die but I was banned for a bit and now that I'm back I'm bumping it up!!

New topic:

Read the five or six posts before this one.  Everyone agrees that they didn't deserve to be in Melee (Sakurai personally wanted them, and that's it), but now that they're such popular and unique Smash characters, they deserve to be in Brawl (just like Jigglypuff!).

Make a different topic.

Water ☮

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 27, 2008, 05:08:48 PM

New topic:

Read the five or six posts before this one.  Everyone agrees that they didn't deserve to be in Melee (Sakurai personally wanted them, and that's it), but now that they're such popular and unique Smash characters, they deserve to be in Brawl (just like Jigglypuff!).

Make a different topic.
ok hmm. how about this:
How would you feel if there was another character that was like the Ice Climbers?(as in two fighting characters at the same time.)

Cornwad

Quote from: WaterGod on January 27, 2008, 05:16:49 PM

New topic:

Make a different topic.
ok hmm. how about this:
How would you feel if there was another character that was like the Ice Climbers?(as in two fighting characters at the same time.)

I would be pretty annoyed, its what makes the Ice Climbers special.

Neerb

Quote from: WaterGod on January 27, 2008, 05:16:49 PM

New topic:

Make a different topic.
ok hmm. how about this:
I think it'd be awesome; Plusle & Minun is a pretty popular choice, but my favorite would probably be Baby Mario Bros. (along with hammers and fireballs from Partners in Time).