News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Started by Neerb, March 02, 2011, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOREDFOREVER

Anyway, my timing was off and I broke my shield fairly quickly, which I found annoying.  I had a pretty easy time with the log in the training room, but out in the field I had some trouble and bye-bye shield.  It could be because I haven't played a game on the Wii in a long ass time, it could be that I'm slower on getting the timing down, but I still found it annoying.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 20, 2012, 02:36:22 PM
That's because Deku Scrubs behave like Octoroks; they shoot rocks.

Have you not read a word we've said? Did you not pay attention to the video? Or, perhaps, did you never read the instructions/pay attention to the tutorial.

Let me spell it out as plainly as I can, and you can review the video for visual aid:
"Preparing" your shield is NOT the same as properly blocking/deflecting. If you just flip your shield up and wait to take damage, your shield will get damaged; however, if you jerk the nunchuk at the correct time, you will thrust your shield forward, countering the enemy attack and leaving your shield undamaged.

The first time it hits him, his shield is not up, so he takes damage. The second time, he's just leaving his shield up, so his shield is damaged. The third time, he properly thrusts his shield forward, so the attack is countered and the shield takes no damage. Nothing "weird" about it; it's how everyone else has played the game since day 1, because there's a whole tutorial about it when you first train with your shield.
Dear mother of god almighty you didn't even read one of my posts.

I thrust my shield out at the last possible moment to knock the projectile right back at the enemy, and took damage. I also tried holding it out beforehand (not nearly as often) and took damage. Are you saying that I didn't? I'm telling you, THE PROJECTILE DAMAGED MY SHIELD. I'm honestly not sure what makes that so hard to understand.

And if you still don't get it, intercourse ing read my last post, where I specifically said that I couldn't confirm taking damage every gosh darn time, but it certainly happened. Frequently. As much as I got involved with those things, which I tried my best to avoid for the majority of my game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 03:38:51 PM
Dear mother of god almighty you didn't even read one of my posts.

Yes I did.

This is just like when the game first came out with those mediocre reviews and the arguments on this thread. The motion controls work a specific way, and if the game "isn't working right," it is user error. If it never gets damaged when I, Chris, Doodle, Jr., Hero, BFB, and the video I showed do it correctly, yet your shield does get damaged, then you simply are not doing it correctly. Period. The game was programmed that way.

Quote from: BOREDFOREVER on March 20, 2012, 03:18:32 PM
Anyway, my timing was off and I broke my shield fairly quickly, which I found annoying.  I had a pretty easy time with the log in the training room, but out in the field I had some trouble and bye-bye shield.  It could be because I haven't played a game on the Wii in a long ass time, it could be that I'm slower on getting the timing down, but I still found it annoying.

How far are you, exactly? It took me a while too, but you get used to it, and then you can basically destroy most enemies by just "block, slash, block, slash." I definitely felt like the shield was more relevant here than in other Zeldas, but it certainly made the final boss easier than he should have been.

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 20, 2012, 04:59:24 PM
Yes I did.

This is just like when the game first came out with those mediocre reviews and the arguments on this thread. The motion controls work a specific way, and if the game "isn't working right," it is user error. If it never gets damaged when I, Chris, Doodle, Jr., Hero, BFB, and the video I showed do it correctly, yet your shield does get damaged, then you simply are not doing it correctly. Period. The game was programmed that way.
I give up. Just read this quote until it finally enters your head.

Quote from: Pennington on March 20, 2012, 02:24:04 PM
I'm just saying I always noticed losing shield energy from dealing with those things. Maybe it didn't happen every time, but it certainly happened a notable amount.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Maybe it didn't happen every time, but it certainly happened a notable amount. And yes, that's when I had the shield prepared exactly like you say I should in order to block. Oh well.
If it took damage, you obviously didn't prepare it at exactly the right time. Doesn't matter if you think it took damage, or you thought you did it at the right time when you didn't, something was off with your judgement and it wasn't prepared right, or it actually didn't take damage
and so you don't think I didn't read your post and feel like you need to repeat yourself.

Maybe it didn't happen every time, but it certainly happened a notable amount. And yes, that's when I had the shield prepared exactly like you say I should in order to block. Oh well.
I read it, you're still wrong. Repetition of wrong doesn't mean "right."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 20, 2012, 11:47:10 PM
If it took damage, you obviously didn't prepare it at exactly the right time. Doesn't matter if you think it took damage, or you thought you did it at the right time when you didn't, something was off with your judgement and it wasn't prepared right, or it actually didn't take damage
and so you don't think I didn't read your post and feel like you need to repeat yourself.
I read it, you're still wrong. Repetition of wrong doesn't mean "right."
I'll say it again. I remember blocking at the last second like I'm apparently supposed to do, and I remember taking damage a lot. If they didn't happen at the same time, THEY STILL BOTH HAPPENED.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 21, 2012, 12:11:57 PM
I'll say it again. I remember blocking at the last second like I'm apparently supposed to do, and I remember taking damage a lot. If they didn't happen at the same time, THEY STILL BOTH HAPPENED.
So, then what you're saying is pretty much pointless.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 21, 2012, 03:16:01 PM
So, then what you're saying is pretty much pointless.
I'm kind of confused.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I love arguing over retarded bullpoop!
Let's keep going for another few pages!
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on March 21, 2012, 05:40:51 PM
I love arguing over retarded bullpoop!
Let's keep going for another few pages!
THE FAIRIES

ONLY HEAL SIX HEARTS

IF YOU CARRY SIX BOTTLES AND A SHIELD
YOU CAN ONLY CARRY ONE MORE ITEM
etc.
[move][/move]

Doodle

YEAH

Kayo

I was kind of disappointed though, that the fairies didn't heal much. Especially when you couldn't carry so many effectively.
[move][/move]

Doodle

I didn't really notice it. I think I only used a fairy maybe once or twice
and I only bought a couple of additional pouches
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on March 21, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
I didn't really notice it. I think I only used a fairy maybe once or twice
and I only bought a couple of additional pouches
I bought all four extra pouches (well, three--one's in a Goddess chest) and did all the upgrades. Go me >_>

I didn't use them more than once or twice either, but still, it was kind of disappointing.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Final Boss went through all my health and two fairies... yet, I still think of him as being fairly easy...

And bottles are for squares; medals and ammo pouches FTW.