News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Generic RP Name 01 (Actual Name Undecided) [No Posting >:(]

Started by Kilroy, September 16, 2008, 05:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

Hello! I'm going to take another stab at this RP thing with some new assets at hand. As the current title states, this will be quite a generic RP. Magicians, Warriors, Evil People, NPCs, Towns, Bosses, etc. It's more of a choose-your-path, like Dungeons and Dragons (I'm actually using a DnD Dungeon generator for this :P). And I'm going to actually be able to keep stats, NPCs, Monsters, and even items in track with another cool program I found. Well, onto the beginning of the story.

You awaken. Darkness is all you see. Are your eyes closed? You attempt to open them, but alas, they are indeed open. You can't seem to move for whatever reason, nor can you speak. You can blink and breath through your nose, that's about it. You hear a faint footstep from afar. Help, maybe? Or your torturer? Who knows, but you're going to find out pretty soon. The footsteps have gotten louder and faster, you start to hear a raspy voice.

"Damn, where are the keys? Aha, there they are. What page were these ones on... 47? Or was it 407? Blast, I can't remember. Oi! You, over there! Yeah, you, what page were the ones in Room 17 on?"

Were you in Room 17? Possibly, you can't be sure. You hear another voice respond with "I think it was 47." "Alright, thanks mate." This man was quite obviously foreign, such an odd accent he had. You hear a fumbling nearby, probably the man trying to unlock the door.

creeeeeeeeeeeak

The room suddenly brightened, you close your eyes to get away from the light.

"Oh, bother, open your eyes! It's not that bad!"

Following this man's command, you open your eyes.

"Hello!"

The man was quite old, he wore something that looked like a long white cloak. He had spectacles and very little white hair. He had to be in his 40s, he was more than likely going to die soon. He had some sort of board and a piece of wood in his hand. Was he writing? Where was the ink? Very odd...

"I'm Doctor Williams, and you're a blank mind!"

Blank... mind? Was this man daft?

"I know this all seems very odd to you, but here, let me fix you up a bit so you can speak..."

The 'Doctor' taps your lips with the piece of wood. You are able to move my head and mouth around. So, you decide to look around the room. Everything was clean and white. There were many tubes with man-like beings within them in a T shape. Their bodies were a light blue, and their faces... Dear God, what was on their face? You shake your head a bit and look again. There faces were yellow Question Marks. What in the hell is going on here?

"Sir, what in God's name is going on here?"

"I'm going to explain that to you. But first, just a few questions to make sure everything is going right. What year do you think it is?"

What year... What is wrong with this man?

"Err... 1450, maybe?"

"Brilliant! That's all I'll need for now. Well, to sum what's going on up, you're not really a human."

This man is insane, but there's no escape without movement.

"You're a copy of a human from the Middle Ages, the year is actually 2015. Thanks to scientific breakthroughs, we're able to clone entire beings from a very small amount of DNA."

Middle Ages? DNA? 2015!?!?

"You're a very quiet one, you know. This is all completely true, please trust me. Alright, I'm going to release you and the others now. It's impossible to escape, so don't even attempt it, or you will be killed off and replaced. Simply walk down the hall to the other room and sit down."

Killed off and replaced? What in the hell... You follow this man anyway, and few others like yourself come too. There's a room at the end of the hallway with a large table and a few chairs, all with parchment and that piece of wood the man was using to write with, in front of them. You sit down at one of them, and see many lines with things like "NAME" and "HEIGHT" next to them.

"Alright. Fill out what you currently know now. There's a Scale over there. To use it, step on it, look at the number, and that's how heavy you are. Write that number next to "WEIGHT". The Measuring Scale is over there, to use it, stand directly against the wall, and wait for a sound. When you hear the sound, turn around. Remember the number, and write it under "HEIGHT"."

Does he think we're peasants  or something?

You look down at the form again...

NAME:
PLAYER(Your Screen Name):
HEIGHT:
WEIGHT:
BIRTHPLACE:
ONE PERSONALITY TRAIT:
ANOTHER PERSONALITY TRAIT:
PHOBIAS:
INTERESTS:
CATCH PHRASE:
SKIN:
EYE COLOR:
HAIR COLOR:
HAIR "STYLE":
NATIVE LANGUAGE:

"Come on now! Fill it out!"

First Come, First serve basis. First 3-6 people (Depends on how many people are actually interested)  to fill it out get the main character slots. If you're too late, I might let you be an "NPC" :P
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

Current Party is set up as "Name (Screen Name)

CURRENT PARTY:

Kilroy (Byte)

CURRENT LOCATION:

BLACK MESA RESEARCH FACILITY UNKNOWN LABORATORY

FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

RULES

Yes, there are rules, as there are in any RP. Basic rules apply, i.e.:

1. NO GODMODDING, yeh sissies.
2. NO FLAMING.
3. IF YOU'RE TYPING OUT OF CONTEXT, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT OBVIOUS. If you're going to type OoC, put it at the end of the post, in brackets. Something like "[OoC: blah blah blah]" will work.
4. NO COMPLAINING, yeh morons.
5. OBEY RULES ONE THROUGH FOUR.
6. HAVE FUN.
7. OBEY RULE SIX TOO.

This RP is almost like a text adventure. As in "You encounter a huge monster. What do you do?" or "There is a fork in the road with two paths. Go left or right?" If it's a party, voting is democratic. If one is going alone, well, he decides for himself. If the party wishes, they may 'elect' a leader to decide for them.

There are a lot of numbers in this RP, too, but don't worry, it won't get too confusing. I've got a lot of things to help the players and myself out with organization, from monster generators to map makers.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

FOR NSF MASCOT

Kilroy

Hell, to give it a jump start, I'll join my own RP for a bit :P

NAME: Kilroy
PLAYER: Byte
HEIGHT: 5"7
WEIGHT: 155
BIRTHDAY: June 27th
BIRTHPLACE: Somewhere in England.
ONE PERSONALITY TRAIT: Lazy.
ANOTHER PERSONALITY TRAIT: Quiet.
PHOBIAS: Heights.
INTERESTS: Mechanics and reading.
CATCH PHRASE: This is why we can't have nice things!
HANDED (RIGHT/LEFT): Righty.
SKIN: Caucasian.
EYE COLOR: Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Brown
HAIR "STYLE": Dome, never combed, looks like I just got out of bed.
NATIVE LANGUAGE: English.

Hint hint, I'll die quickly.
 FOR NSF MASCOT