News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

PETITION - Split UK Gamers from Europe - to Nintendo

Started by avengah, February 09, 2008, 03:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avengah

It is ready and online. If you support the cause, please sign it!

http://www.petitiononline.com/ukgamers/petition.html

Spread the word, post the link in as many places as possible - we want this petition to be a success!

To: Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of UK
Too many games these days are delayed in Europe, for various reasons, including localisation issues, translation problems and, occasionally, trademark disputes. Gamers of the UK, as the third largest world video game market ( http://www.euromonitor.com/UK_Europes_leading_video_game_market ) request that the UK be split from Europe in terms of video game sales and distribution.

We speak English, so we should not have to wait for any games made in English to be translated into foreign languages, and we should most certainly not have to wait while a foreign country's trademark dispute gets sorted out!

Also, our televisions have all supported both 50Hz and 60Hz modes for years now, so we do not need to wait for the games to be optimised for 50Hz - they work perfectly well (in fact, better) in 60Hz mode.

Therefore, there is no reason why games written in English cannot come out in the UK as soon as they are ready. Games translated into English can be released in the UK at the same time as the rest of the English-speaking world - we should not have to wait for all the foreign translations to be completed, so we ask again that the UK market be split from Europe in this respect.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

WiiGuy

there is a Nintendo of Europe and UK!?!

why would there be a Nintendo of UK if it's in Europe ????

avengah

I don't know - but there is. I don't actually know what Nintendo of UK does, apparently there are only 18 staff members, but they definitely exist.

Please help support this petition! Whether it works or not, if we get noticed we've achieved something...

Cheers,

Matt

blue_slime

Yeah, you'd think that perhaps UK, Australia, and NA would merge into one region of operation by now, or at least they could distribute the same games.  I'm wondering though if that separation has to do with the differences in operation.  Whatever is the case, Nintendo UK and Australia really needs to find a better way to get games out in the same timeframe as NOA does.