News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

this is the one thing that really gets me....(spoiler)(also FE:RD spoilers)

Started by Avion-Finch, March 18, 2008, 07:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

Why is it, that a game series thats been with nintendo since the NES days, since melee, has gotten a good amount of popularity here, and has been having consistantly good games, and has a huge amount of characters that would work(and be all very different) gets shafted charater wise(Fire Emblem) While a series thats been on a slight decline recently, and has characters that would all be clones gets 3(star fox) making matters WORSE, is that said three characters are apparently all high tier.......which is crap, but seriously, Fire emblem gets ONE stage, two characters, and an AT, while Star fox has all that, plus an extra stage, an extra character, and an actual item to boot(smart bomb).

I know, what could be the extra stage, character and item for FE?

theres a good list actually

Characters: Good lord, dont get me started, The Black Knight would serve as an evil character, and Micaiah could be a rival type character(to Ike) lets not forget Hector(weapon diversity), heck, even Sothe, and our boy Roy, the list goes on.

Stage, Ok, truth be told, I'm ok with only one FE stage, although there could have been one, namely, Ashera's tower, especially the part were you fight the Black Knight and Levail, basically, every once and a while,  the stage gets cut in half by a magical barrier(destructable) also, there could be units fighting that do damage as well.

Item, very simply, the Killing edge would work extremely well. Its normally a weaker version of the beam sword, but has a small chance to "critical" and do a large amount of damage and knockback.

I know its already all over, but hopefully, if theres another smash bros(HIGHLY likely, just possibly not made by Sakurai) nintendo will show Fire Emblem some more love(unlike they did to Radiant Dawn, seriously, releasing any game a couple of weeks before a fecking mario game is suicide)

Now, I want to remind everyone that this is entirely my opinon(and really my only problem with brawl, I love every single other thing about it).

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Triforceman22

I agree.

Fie emblem got killed when it came to this...

I just don't see Michaiah as playable...

Black knight would have been cool..
Even if he was a boss, I would be happy.
But no...

FE didn't even get a fricken AT....

I really wanted Roy to return....

..Roy..:(

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:37:58 PM
I agree.

But no...

......im glad you edited the micaiah thing(yes, I saw it)
but she could be a magic user, like zelda

and Lyn is from FE

Triforceman22

Quote from: Avion-Finch on March 18, 2008, 07:39:12 PM
I agree.

But no...

and Lyn is from FE

forgot about her...

also lol at first sentance...I thought no one saw it..Xd

yeah, but truth in all, Michaiah sucked in RD.
Sword wielders are much better...

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:42:49 PM
I agree.

But no...

and Lyn is from FE

forgot about her...

magic users can be good, just look at Soren. and Micaiah was only bad because she had trouble with speed, if she had better speed, she would be more then a magic sheild.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Avion-Finch on March 18, 2008, 07:44:44 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:42:49 PM
I agree.

But no...

and Lyn is from FE

forgot about her...

magic users can be good, just look at Soren. and Micaiah was only bad because she had trouble with speed, if she had better speed, she would be more then a magic sheild.

soren had waaaaaay better starting stats.
I just don't see her as important to the FE franchise like a sword lord. (Ike, Marth, Roy, Sigurd, etc.)
Lol, rhyming

Nils_13

I COMPLETELY agree. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite games. Yeah, it got a new charcter, but axed one to get it (Ike). And it actually got a stage this time instead of just a song.

As for characters, there are indeed a lot that would work. As far as main characters go, you've got Eliwood, Hector, Lyn (REALLY should have been playable), Ephraim, Eirika, the list just goes on and on.

I'm glad they put good FE songs in there though.

And I agree with the Star Fox part as well. Why not give another series a charater instead of adding ANOTHER clone. Trying to declone Falco didn't work too well, considering the only real difference from Fox is Shield Kicking. Wolf is a mess (even though he's cool) since he's like a total clone. The only thing different from him and Fox is the side B. Wolf's is slightly angled, big deal. His up B has no fire, so what? Sakurai could have done a little better with the character roster and shown the other series more love insead of creating more clones.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nils_13 on March 18, 2008, 07:53:14 PM
I COMPLETELY agree. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite games. Yeah, it got a new charcter, but axed one to get it (Ike). And it actually got a stage this time instead of just a song.

As for characters, there are indeed a lot that would work. As far as main characters go, you've got Eliwood, Hector, Lyn (REALLY should have been playable), Ephraim, Eirika, the list just goes on and on.

And I agree with the Star Fox part as well. Why not give another series a charater instead of adding ANOTHER clone. Trying to declone Falco didn't work too well, considering the only real difference from Fox is Shield Kicking. Wolf is a mess (even though he's cool) since he's like a total clone. The only thing different from him and Fox is the side B. Wolf's is slightly angled, big deal. His up B has no fire, so what? Sakurai could have done a little better with the character roster and shown the other series more love insead of creating more clones.

Hey! another FE fan! XD
they could have decloned Roy so easily...

Nils_13

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:55:41 PM

Hey! another FE fan! XD
FE FTW! ^_^

They could have done that and not gimped Marth..... His attacks are a lot slower now.... >_>

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nils_13 on March 18, 2008, 07:57:48 PM

Hey! another FE fan! XD
FE FTW! ^_^

They could have done that and not gimped Marth..... His attacks are a lot slower now.... >_>

FE FTW indeed. :)

Marth was nerfed to hell....
they could have at least made the only FE veteran better....

Triforce_Luigi

I was at least hoping for more ATs. Soren, Titania, Sothe, and Micaiah were all characters that I wanted for AT. But no... FE is completely screwed in Brawl. They coulda at least have Roy have a cameo or AT...

Tupin

What has Starfox done in the last ten years that makes it worth 3 cloned reps anyway?

Wolf was completely unneeded.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nils_13

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 18, 2008, 07:59:11 PM
Quote from: Nils_13 on March 18, 2008, 07:57:48 PM

Hey! another FE fan! XD
FE FTW! ^_^

FE FTW indeed. :)

Marth was nerfed to hell....
they could have at least made the only FE veteran better....
But no... They screwed him up and made a Link clone and ANOTHER Fox clone. If they were going to add another Star Fox character, it should've been Krystal... At least she could have been original..

HTA!

Doodle

I've never played a Fire Emblem game. But they could've brought Roy back...
YEAH